Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

Torn on this, always said we shouldn't throw money at players who don't want to be here for any other reason tha money.

Though from what I've seen this guy is a class act, I know we'd be a small stepping stone but he'd clearly do a serious job for a year or two.

Would be thrilled with this. By the sounds of that article we are very keen. Seems that this guy is number one target, and with Ranieri saying a very good player should join by the end of the week, things look good for this deal.

People saying that if he comes because we offer the most money he might not be up for it, I disagree, he will be playing in the most watched league in the world so will be eager to impress to get a move to a bigger club. It doesn't bother me that we might be used as a stepping stone, as long as he does well for us then its good business. 

Would be thrilled with this. By the sounds of that article we are very keen. Seems that this guy is number one target, and with Ranieri saying a very good player should join by the end of the week, things look good for this deal.

People saying that if he comes because we offer the most money he might not be up for it, I disagree, he will be playing in the most watched league in the world so will be eager to impress to get a move to a bigger club. It doesn't bother me that we might be used as a stepping stone, as long as he does well for us then its good business. 

Leicester may not be his first choice, or even his second or third choice but he's not going to come here kicking and screaming.

If he does come, he'll no doubt be on a 4 or 5 year contract that will take him into his 30's. He's not going to be mardy the whole time and play half arsed. He'll come here and do his best and maybe hope to impress enough to get a move to a bigger club. 

If we get one or two years out of him and sell for a healthy profit then it's good business all round. We get a top class player for a year or two that gives us a foothold in this division and a springboard to attract better players and he gets to showcase his talent in the biggest league in the world and put himself in the shop window. Everyone's a winner.

It's good that we seem to have given them until Friday to strike a deal with us, at least we can put this transfer to bed either way. He'd be a massive coup for us, Esteban will be a forgotten man IF we end up with Aranguiz.

They need a new calculator. In what world is €15 million equal to $55 million?

I'm sure a legit media outlet would not be so off in there exchange rates

I couldn't get my head round this! Noticed as well he would pocket about 2 & half million a year with us which is £48,000 a week.

I couldn't get my head round this! Noticed as well he would pocket about 2 & half million a year with us which is £48,000 a week.

Did some googling mate...

Whilst on the post on here it says US $ on the actual website it says R $ (Brazilian currency).

Could explain it!

...It does 1 Euro is 3.72 Brazilian Real. So €15 million is a little under R$60 million.

Case closed!

Did some googling mate...

Whilst on the post on here it says US $ on the actual website it says R $ (Brazilian currency).

Could explain it!

...It does 1 Euro is 3.72 Brazilian Real. So €15 million is a little under R$60 million.

Case closed!

Aghhhh makes sense. Aranguiz' representatives must be making a right fortune of this then no wonder they want to sell to us!! lol

I don't buy this "I only want him to come here if he wants to come here" bull shit. 

If a top player likes this makes the decision to join he will do so knowing that a basic requirement is to give 100% to the club as standard. Yes, he may have a preference of who he wants to join and Leicester may not be the top of his list, but be under no illusion,  If he joins our club he'll be Leicester through and through.

It's called being a true professional. I suppose the best example was Cambiasso - He took some time to make a decision to join us and kept his options open as long as possible but as soon as he donned the shirt he couldn't give any more.

Maybe I'm understanding it incorrectly but if he signed for us does that mean the bonds of third party ownership would break? So he'd be free to choose his next club. Not sure what rules are for Germany and whether this would also have to be the case there.

Har-les Oo-ran-geez, blimey

Ive been aware of his existance and seen abit of Chile recently but never really kept an eye on him in particular. Think hes an all rounder, very versatile; cant remember how defensive he is though and thats what we need most at the moment in midfield

3rd party ownership is a bit of a minefield. I'm not totally sure how it works in practice but I seem to recall with other players that the owners retain a controlling interest in some form. They don't really disappear when the player is purchased.

Be awesome if we can sign him. The fact he's 3rd party owned is in our favour as long as we are the highest bidder and offering the player a good package

Who knows, we might pull this off.

Archived