Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

One of the main hopes of Ranieri being in charge after a failed transfer window last summer is that he may help us attract bigger names to sign. I really hope this to be the case. All these years we have never had the money and now we do, nobody wants it who we are interested in playing for us.

If you're at Tottenham's level you can compete for these type of players.

To get to Tottenham's level you have to sign players like these.

It's a vicious circle that's hard to break.

I think our best strategy would be to say sign him for £10m and have a £20m minimum release clause so he can showcase his talent in the world's most popular league and if he shows his worth he can go to a big club. It's unlikely he'll want to spend the best years of his career at Leicester.

I think our best strategy would be to say sign him for £10m and have a £20m minimum release clause so he can showcase his talent in the world's most popular league and if he shows his worth he can go to a big club. It's unlikely he'll want to spend the best years of his career at Leicester.

Looking for bargains is the way forward, players who can be sold for more than they're signed for. Mahrez being a perfect example. If he gets sold he'll go for about 30 times what we paid for him.

We've not sold a player for decent money for absolutely ages.

I think that if you want to elevate your profile and put yourselves on the radar you really do have to splash the cash and make a couple of marquee signings to demonstrate to other players that you mean business. If you think back to Man City's turning point it was when they signed Robinho that people started to take them seriously. Despite the fact that he proved to be useless and a complete waste of money I think that was what they needed at the time to show their ambitious intent.

Looking for bargains is the way forward, players who can be sold for more than they're signed for. Mahrez being a perfect example. If he gets sold he'll go for about 30 times what we paid for him.

We've not sold a player for decent money for absolutely ages.

The less you pay the more risk there is though.

You can't keep expecting to pick up a Mahrez. Even if he turned out to be a decent Championship player he would have been a success and we could have sold him for a couple of million.

I'd rather be looking at 5m-10m and they end up being worth 10m-20m. This is the way forward and to try and bed ourselves in the top 10, even some Stoke & Swansea targets are completely out of our range.

If you want a player like this you've got to turn his head with stupid wages and that has its own repercussions in a tight squad.

Looks a good prospect but maybe too early in the revolution and would destabilise things.

Got to risk something at some point as the greater destabiliser would be kicking off on August 8th with our current midfield options.

I'm happy our club isn't just throwing money around

That's all well and good but the premier league is taking a huge step forward in the money being invested by clubs. The extra TV money means we need to spend bigger to stay competitive.

If we're going to have any chance of attracting people such as Arunguiz we'll have to be much sharper in getting complimentary players signed up, especially given that we don't play in European football as yet and therefore have limited bait to offer.  We're talking European-Cup-type players here and from a position where, as it stands, we'll still be among those thought most likely to be fighting to avoid relegation.

If we really can't attract people like Kante or Austin then we're defining the word "optimistic" in going for Arunguiz and even in failing with the first two mentioned or anyone of similar calibre, we'd be far better showing the genuineness of our intent by bidding the sort of money that would land them if the player agreed.

Anyone can bid prices they know won't win the battle - if happens in auction rooms every day - but to table bids which would win as far as the selling club's concerned would show everyone we mean business and might even make some of our rivals a little nervous of getting involved and getting their fingers burned.

Not that I'd be especially happy with a "Europe or Bust" approach. I honestly think that building ever-firmer foundations year by year is the best way forward - and much less risky.

But that might reflect my own limitations and the reasons why I've got a solid rather than spectacular business and why people like our owners make millions by not just seeing the broader picture but having the nerve to compete whatever the cost or risk.

He rejected us so not much point talking about it lol

lol lol yeah I'm thinking this he's rejected us lock post haha

Anyway on another note not sure whether it's happened yet but is it not time we bit the bullett and started offering people a bit more money to sign for us?? Like I said could of possibly happened..

The amount of apparent bids going in for players whereby the player turns it down is slightly worrying.

Surely at some point we "feel out" the likelihood of player wanting to sign before making a bid?otherwise we seem to be going down a list hoping one will say yes. It just seems very amateurish. Critical I know - but Watford have made more in roads in 2 months then we've made in two entire transfer windows. But that could also be due to there feeder club. Just frustrated

Elation to depression within moments of opening this thread.

Deano it is.

The split second when you see the thread and it's three pages with thousands of views and you ask yourself, have we just signed him?

Then you open it up and it's the usual bullshit.  :(

The split second when you see the thread and it's three pages with thousands of views and you ask yourself, have we just signed him?

Then you open it up and it's the usual bullshit.  :(

Welcome to Foxestalk. :thumbup:

Archived