Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

I was gonna start a new thread but there's no point really there are many threads discussing the atmosphere - Quite refreshing as they always used to be about how poor the atmosphere was now they are all about how good it is, shows how far we've come and how much it has improved, anyway;

Anyone feel like it's 'home' now?

For years i've struggled to love the KP always looked back at Filbert Street and dreamt of the atmosphere we had their.

It's only took me 13 years but I actually look forward to going to the KP now, it's exciting, I feel 'up' for games, it feels comfortable, like I say it feels like 'home'.

Now that could all be to do with us being in the Premiership, winning, playing well, being on the up, finally getting some decent memories of the place over 13 years, getting an attachment with the place, e.t.c.

For me I think the KP will always be in Filbert Street's shadow but in the last year or two the gap has closed slightly.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

think in the kop and east stand they're almost exclusively used for throwing either in anger when they score or celebration when we score these days. oh and clapping to uptown funk pre kick off obviously.

I see plenty flying around the Kop when we score. Been hit on the head a few times as well

Yeah, I noticed that too. I looked over at the Spurs fans a few times and could see them bouncing about, clapping, etc. but couldn't hear anything from them. 

They tried to get things going a few times but as soon as they did we just drowned them out. 

In fairness you can rarely hear the away fans from the Kop because the acoustics are so bad, but you wouldn't have been able to hear them anyway, we were astonishingly loud yesterday.

Which brings me to a similar note, it's frightening to think how loud it would be if the acoustics at our ground were as good as those that I experienced at Upton Park for example.

Everyone who didn't go to the game thought it was a crap match, obviously I was enjoying myself so much I didn't notice because I thought it was a pretty decent match lol

2 Bochum lads were in the Union FS section yesterday for their first ever English football match and they said they were shocked by the atmosphere. 

They said everyone in Germany thinks we just sit there and then clap politely when we score (Think they were shocked by how mental it went off when Mahrez bagged)

They also said that in Germany all the singing comes from 1 section and they were surprised by how the whole stadium was making noise

So thanks to every Leicester fan for not making me embarrassed when our Bochum friends come over any more!

Haha, it's a good job they came for a Leicester game, he's actually not far wrong for most grounds in England :)

I was gonna start a new thread but there's no point really there are many threads discussing the atmosphere - Quite refreshing as they always used to be about how poor the atmosphere was now they are all about how good it is, shows how far we've come and how much it has improved, anyway;

For years i've struggled to love the KP always looked back at Filbert Street and dreamt of the atmosphere we had their.

It's only took me 13 years but I actually looked forward to going to the KP now, it's exciting, I feel 'up' for games, it feels comfortable, like I say it feels like 'home'.

Now that could all be to do with us being in the Premiership, winning, playing well, being on the up, finally getting some decent memories of the place over 13 years, getting an attachment with the place, e.t.c.

For me I think the KP will always be in Filbert Street's shadow but in the last year or two the gap has closed slightly.

Very good post.  :thumbup:  :scarf:

It's only took me 13 years but I actually looked forward to going to the KP now, it's exciting, I feel 'up' for games, it feels comfortable, like I say it feels like 'home'.

I'm still not a fan of our stadium and I never will be unless it undergoes some major redevelopment and there's no doubt despite not being being enough, Filbert Street was much better designed as a football stadium.

What we've always needed at Filbert Way was for people to stop dwelling on that and using an excuse. We've now proved what some people have always said, you can create an incredible atmosphere at a ground like ours.

It will always be 'home' to me because there's a familiarity, we've been playing at Filbert Way every other week for 13 years now and probably will for the rest of our lifetime. The soul of the club is in the fans and it's nice people are realising it now instead of complaining that it's a crap ground so there's no point trying to create an atmosphere.

I know where you are coming from, but there is a "rose tint" to memories of Filbert Street. 6,500 on a February night didnt create much of an atmosphere.

Yes when it was "full" under MON it was good but there was a lot of times when 10-14k didn't inspire anyone or anything.

I hate clappers with a passion but they help the more genteel make a noise, so bring it on. 

Be interested to see what it's like vs. Villa. For the first time in ages it's not either a 6 pointer, opening game or a 'big name' side. 

Really hope we can keep it up because it's making such an impact and I genuinely can't wait to get to the KP every fortnight these days!

I actually thought it was quite flat for prolonged periods yesterday, more so than I can remember at other times. I think that's mainly down to how good it's been in previous games (in terms of continuous chanting) and or course the sheer humidity, everybody seemed shattered. lol

However, when it did get going yesterday, it was superb. The Stand up if you love Leicester in the kop was spine tingling, at a point of the game where there wasn't much happening. It's great for us to stick with the team like that!

The clappers are definitely encouraging many more to join in with the singing even though there are less people actually using the clappers.

I did see some guy using his walking stick as a clapper I'm sure it didn't make much noise but he was singing as well.

Can't remember the last time away fans came to the KP and outsang the home fans and that's not normally the way it works in football these days. Every week these big Premier League supports arrive and eventually just give up. It's great to see!

Palace, Stoke, even Utd weren't bad last season. They were the ones that stood out for me.

Was decent yesterday especially in the 2nd half.

The clappers clearly help, although they do at times just make it sound like clapping and drown out actual lyrics.

Really hope the upward trend continues.

It's great too see. Just a shame we aren't still at a ground like filbo with the stands over the pitch, biggest downside to new grounds is the fact the front rows are about 25 yards from the pitch.

Guest CityFan 06

You know when a away team's support is good when you can hear them clearly from the other side of the ground. Stoke City were the loudest in my opinion last season.

I think the best thing yesterday was that we continued to sing despite going 1 down. I can remember a time when the opposition scored it went deadly quiet.

Great effort by all!

It happened a few times at the start of last season too...We really seemed to turn it up a notch as we were restarting and I think it contributed to a quick response from the team. Everton, arsenal and man u conceded straight after scoring against us and now we've done it to spurs.

Guest CityFan 06

One of the loudest atmosphere's I've ever heard at a game at the King Power on Saturday. Would like us to create the same kind of atmosphere without the clappers though. I think our atmosphere without the clappers would now be very good because of the positive impact of L1, and now Union FS in SK1. So, I'd like us try a game without them to find out if we can continue the same kind of noise levels on. I think we could, especially as were in good form at the moment. On the other hand, we haven't lost with them yet this season to be fair.

Last season before the clap banners made their appearance at the ground, our atmosphere was actually ok. I've spoke to a few away fans saying it was a better atmosphere than most other Premier League teams.