Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Guest CityFan 06

The noise doesn't start with the clappers though does it? The noise starts with Kop/L1 singers, going at it consistently, which is then picked up further round the ground at times (usually depending on what's going on on the pitch). If the club were to drop them now, people would learn to start using their hands instead.

I have to agree I think that if we were not to have the clappers we would still continue this kind of atmosphere without them because fans now know how much of a positive difference our support makes to the players. Don't want them every home game, and the clapping to Uptown Funk - not keen at all.

Edited by @LeicesterFox1884

The noise doesn't start with the clappers though does it? The noise starts with Kop/L1 singers, going at it consistently, which is then picked up further round the ground at times (usually depending on what's going on on the pitch). If the club were to drop them now, people would learn to start using their hands instead.

yes it starts in sk1 or l1 but the sole, only reason it carries any further than the few hundred in these blocks is the clappers. people just need to realise that and accept it. who cares how we get the noise, we've got the noise, appreciate it. 

I don't like them but I've always rated their support. They were the best here in a long time.

to be fair we've battered pretty much everyone we've played at home in the past 6 months, they were the first set of fans since chelsea to actually have a good half of football to enjoy and get an atmosphere going. and surprisingly the only sets of fans we've praised in that time are villa and chelsea. 

it's simplistic but it's obvious that a set of fans who play quite well for half an hour, take a lead, double their lead after an hour and look like winning a "derby" are going to sing and make a lot more noise than, let's say, a sunderland end who are 3-0 down (could've been 30-0) after 25 minutes. also no surprise that the villa end went silent as soon as the going got tough. 

villa fans were great when they were winning, our fans were great when we were going to win. who'd have thought it :D 

to be fair we've battered pretty much everyone we've played at home in the past 6 months, they were the first set of fans since chelsea to actually have a good half of football to enjoy and get an atmosphere going. and surprisingly the only sets of fans we've praised in that time are villa and chelsea. 

it's simplistic but it's obvious that a set of fans who play quite well for half an hour, take a lead, double their lead after an hour and look like winning a "derby" are going to sing and make a lot more noise than, let's say, a sunderland end who are 3-0 down (could've been 30-0) after 25 minutes. also no surprise that the villa end went silent as soon as the going got tough. 

villa fans were great when they were winning, our fans were great when we were going to win. who'd have thought it :D

All good points but just a personal opinion on Villa. They're generally noisy and travel in good numbers. Very good at home when they get going too.

All good points but just a personal opinion on Villa. They're generally noisy and travel in good numbers. Very good at home when they get going too.

shame they're shit so never really get the chance lol 

one of many who would probably be good if they ever won more than one game every few months. sunderland and newcastle fit that bill a bit too i reckon. should have great home atmosphere with the "passionate" locals etc and usually travel in decent enough numbers (when given the chance by sky) but just lose every week so it's hard to have much fun. 

bit like us at times last year, some of our atmosphere's were pretty grim when we scored like twice in three months. then as a team and a crowd we got each other going, much like yesterday. as ranieri said in his interview the fans were saying "come on guys come on guys, then after first goal atmosphere switch" or something. crazy old fool. 

• Like 1

i couldn't get tickets to the game but i remember the screen bouncing the instant it went it in it was unreal!

You couldn't get tickets?

You were the one saying rows of seats were left as no one is touching this game so don't make out you couldn't get tickets.

More like you didn't want to go as it's not a top club we were playing like a few I expect, yet the game, 2nd half more so was probably one of the stand out moments this season come May.

Each to their own and all that but don't make out tickets were hard to come by when you weren't there.

Not having a pop just saying what you've previously posted.

In the villa tickets thread you said you had some.

took me 25 minutes to get through on hold for sunderland tickets. for these i got straight through to our mate adam.

Edited by promised land

I hadn't been to a game with the clappers until yesterday (Hull at home last season being my last visit).

The atmosphere generated around the stadium was fantastic. I'd heard this rumour of "clapping along to Uptown Funk" and I witnessed it. Funny as you like as soon as that first note drops the whole ground goes at it 10 mins prior to kick off in unison.

First half we played poor and from where I was sat Villa outsung us for the majority but second half I didn't hear them. Not even after they went 0-2 up. Jamie Vardy having a party for 10 mins non stop drowned them out. I was sat in the west stand corner near to The Gallery restaurant and pretty much everyone around me was singing the songs. I've had season tickets in The Kop before where even people there didn't sing so its clear to see that the clappers are helping.

over all a decent atmosphere in the whole in my opinion

• Like 1

We didn't come across particularly well on Sky yesterday. First 5 mins or so were decent, then Villa really got going and our lot seemed to give in a bit. Then from RDL's goal onwards we were decent again.

If we really want to be considered as the best atmosphere in the country, we need to work on maintaining the noise levels when we're under the cosh. No one in the UK (Not Palace, Rangers, FCUM) really keeps it going like that and it would be great if we could be the first. 

You couldn't get tickets?

You were the one saying rows of seats were left as no one is touching this game so don't make out you couldn't get tickets.

Think he was referring to the United game that he couldn't get ticket to as the person he was quoting was talking about the atmosphere after Cambiasso equalised.

yes it starts in sk1 or l1 but the sole, only reason it carries any further than the few hundred in these blocks is the clappers. people just need to realise that and accept it. who cares how we get the noise, we've got the noise, appreciate it.

This.

I think Voll would be sorely disappointed with the majority of the stadium if the clappers went away. People wouldn't get involved that much with their hands, they just won't.

A ten year old boy isn't going to make a lot of noise clapping but he'll go nuts with a clapper. You want to get noise out of the kids and prawn sandwich crew that doesn't sound like a Taylor Swift concert then you're going to want the clappers.

Oh, uptown funk can **** off and be deleted from the world along with the useless skid mark that wrote it, however.

Who makes these decisions. Do the club use a focus group of 9 years olds to decide what they should be doing on match days.

Christ we used to play sleepy jean so we could all sing "**** off Mark McGhee" (that was naff enough)... now you get uptown funk played 17 times so all the kids can clap along. :nigel:

Edited by Babylon

Think Birch needs a bit of credit, always Gee's the crowd up and its always responded too. The video and commentary also helps, gets the blood pumping.

It's not the song Uptown Funk that I have a problem with, it's when we clap along to it. Just wish we wouldn't.

Me too would much prefer the deathly silence before kick off.

Who makes these decisions. Do the club use a focus group of 9 years olds to decide what they should be doing on match days.

Christ we used to play sleepy jean so we could all sing "**** off Mark McGhee" (that was naff enough)... now you get uptown funk played 17 times so all the kids can clap along. :nigel:

Surely the same person who insisted we have a camp post horn gallop version played full blast every time the team comes out second half.

Surely the same person who insisted we have a camp post horn gallop version played full blast every time the team comes out second half.

If I remember correctly a lot of fans requested that at the time, not sure what "a lot" would be.