Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Poor atmosphere before we scored. Very quiet. We owe to these bunch of players to be behind them from the off.

It was poor for our standards but it was still better than almost every other ground would be if they were playing like that. West Ham for example, when we were beating them they were completely silent and believe me, you can hear absolutely every bit of noise they make in that ground.

Certainly it was no worse than you would expect it to be in that situation. I don't agree it was crap until the 1st goal either, before De Laet scored there was a growing feeling that we would get one, you could sense it. The crowd kept our heads from dropping at 2-0 IMO.

It was poor for our standards but it was still better than almost every other ground would be if they were playing like that. West Ham for example, when we were beating them they were completely silent and believe me, you can hear absolutely every bit of noise they make in that ground.

Certainly it was no worse than you would expect it to be in that situation. I don't agree it was crap until the 1st goal either, before De Laet scored there was a growing feeling that we would get one, you could sense it. The crowd kept our heads from dropping at 2-0 IMO.

yeah exactly, someone posted a link to a sunderland forum on here and even their fans were saying credit to the fact that we still had a full stadium @ 0-2 with twenty mins to go, let alone a stadium creating a bit of noise. 

I heard alot of praise and good things about our atmosphere while driving back yesterday. Much of it is fully deserved. Also mentioned about how good the Kop looked when we made it 2-2 in another thread.

Having said that, there was a moment yesterday around the 68th / 69th minute where we started singing "Stand Up, if you love Leicester". Barely anybody joined in. Yes we had just gone 2-0 down at this point but surely the team deserved more at that time. Particularly with how much they're given us during the start of this season and actually for most of the second half up to that point yesterday too, even if we were 2-0 down!

We pulled one back on 72 minutes, sung the same song a couple of minutes later and boom, most of the kop was joining in! Why couldn't they have done that beforehand too?

From that point onwards, it was fantastic, that lead to our comeback and the massively satisfying "YOU'RE NOT SINGING ANYMORE" (if anyone has a recording of that on Sky, I'd love to watch that again).

Perhaps it's unrealistic, but I just like to think that we could be like that at ALL times, regardless of the score.

Er, why?

Last 20 minutes of the first half was very dry. Hopefully dispels the whole "it's the clappers what do it" myth.

Was good after we scored our first until the final whistle.

It isn't a myth, the clappers do it. If you don't believe me you're either in denial or you need to spend a couple of games sitting elsewhere in the ground. Sit in C2, sit in the main stand, just as an experiment. See what you can hear.

I quite like UFS, I think it's been productive so far and they/you have done w lot of good. The second tifo display was absolutely inspired. But they're not noisy on a stadium wide level, they just don't have the numbers. That's not a criticism of the guys involved it's just a statement of fact, grab a decibel meter if you want. I very rarely hear you where I sit, it might sound great when you're in the middle of it (as might L1 some days) but the stadium is engineered (apparently) to push noise down on to the pitch, not all around.

The noise that fills the ground, the noise that creates the real atmosphere, the noise that has drawn us plaudits, is noise that starts with the clappers. It creates a whopping noise right around the ground, even in the posh seats and the family stand and when that noise picks up, even people who'd usually not sing feel more confident in raising their voice. I've heard singing in the main stand and in C2 around me since the clappers started and I'd never heard it before.

They don't drown out genuine singing either, they compliment L1 and the kop nicely when they're in full voice and the whole ground starts rocking. That's what sky and the BBC and everyone else is raving about.

I hated the clappers at first, I thought they were tacky shit like most other people did. But I've been completely won over and I can't see how anyone else can't be to be honest.

It isn't a myth, the clappers do it. If you don't believe me you're either in denial or you need to spend a couple of games sitting elsewhere in the ground. Sit in C2, sit in the main stand, just as an experiment. See what you can hear.

I quite like UFS, I think it's been productive so far and they/you have done w lot of good. The second tifo display was absolutely inspired. But they're not noisy on a stadium wide level, they just don't have the numbers. That's not a criticism of the guys involved it's just a statement of fact, grab a decibel meter if you want. I very rarely hear you where I sit, it might sound great when you're in the middle of it (as might L1 some days) but the stadium is engineered (apparently) to push noise down on to the pitch, not all around.

The noise that fills the ground, the noise that creates the real atmosphere, the noise that has drawn us plaudits, is noise that starts with the clappers. It creates a whopping noise right around the ground, even in the posh seats and the family stand and when that noise picks up, even people who'd usually not sing feel more confident in raising their voice. I've heard singing in the main stand and in C2 around me since the clappers started and I'd never heard it before.

They don't drown out genuine singing either, they compliment L1 and the kop nicely when they're in full voice and the whole ground starts rocking. That's what sky and the BBC and everyone else is raving about.

I hated the clappers at first, I thought they were tacky shit like most other people did. But I've been completely won over and I can't see how anyone else can't be to be honest.

The noise doesn't start with the clappers though does it? The noise starts with Kop/L1 singers, going at it consistently, which is then picked up further round the ground at times (usually depending on what's going on on the pitch). If the club were to drop them now, people would learn to start using their hands instead.

• Like 1