Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

From where I sit in SK4, row P, so quite near the front I find the clappers have definitely given people more confidence to join in and sing as well.

The additional noise generated around the ground means that people sat in otherwise normally quiet areas (myself included) are happier to sing along with songs because it's not just you on your own any more.

Never been a fan of my own singing voice and will happily admit that in the past I've felt a bit exposed singing when it's quiet - these days, it's so loud all of the time because of people absent-mindedly using the clappers that I can sing worry-free.

I get the impression this is the same for lots of other people as well.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, IMO.  

• Like 2

It was ridiculously loud when "come on Leicester boys" got going. One thing the kop never used to do was carry on a song for more than 10 seconds. Credit has to go to Union FS for that.

This.

The Kop at this stadium has never been louder than Saturday. As an SK1er at the back we always put the effort in, but it makes a massive difference when the whole end joins in.

As has previously been said the second half was top notch, typified by the noise being cranked up again after Spur's goal.

It was absolute Bedlam after goal went in. The two German lads looked positively scared as I lurched towards them for an embrace.

Good times!

It was ridiculously loud when "come on Leicester boys" got going. One thing the kop never used to do was carry on a song for more than 10 seconds. Credit has to go to Union FS for that.

That was unbelievable. I'm on the back row of SK1 and it's the first time I've experienced the Kop physically shake. I know others from inside the ground have previously mentioned it but it left me both exhilarated and petrified in equal measure.

Bitch moan bitch moan our ground has no atmosphere.

Step up UFS and an improvement by far.

Our owners add the clappers huge increase and we stay up.

Bitch moan bitch moan we don't need the klappers they are plastic type comments.

If you don't like them don't use them.

Other teams will put us down for it so what we lead the pack and others will follow.

For all the shite comments the one that say's we are right was last season.

After the Chelsea game our next home game someone came onhere and said he met a group of Chelsea fans before the game.

They had come back to the KP because they loved the atmosphere in the Chelsea game.

That and I believe the fan onhere that said it means more than any forum comment.

Stop your bitching and enjoy the fact the KP ROCKS now.

Or would you prefer the atmosphere from five years ago flat and dead?

• Like 1

I feel they've perhaps encouraged more people to get involved, but are still only one (and relatively minor) factor in the improved atmosphere. Some of the comments on here rather seem to give the impression that the posters think the introduction of clappers has "caused" a better atmosphere, which is simplistic.

I'd say the improvement in results, and particularly in our style of play, has been the main factor.

I know it's always a "chicken and egg" problem, but I genuinely feel the main reason why we improved towards the end of last season was because NP, desperate for a result and running out of time, finally set us up to play in a more attacking manner - and not because of an improvement in noise, whether that came from clappers or not.

I think the reason why many people feel an instinctive aversion to them is that it gives the impression that the support is orchestrated rather than spontaneous (which is to some extent true).

The implication is that a fanbase that has to rely on props to create noise is a lesser fanbase. I'm sure I'll be shot down for this, but I actually agree with the thrust of that argument.

When you think about it, singing to support your football team only really makes sense on an emotional rather than a rational level. So if it looks engineered, the whole exercise starts to lose some of its meaning.

Fact is, there are good reasons to take the piss out of clubs that feel they have to hand out clappers to their supporters. I know a lot of people will say they "don't care" about taking a ribbing from other fans, but I suspect for a fair proportion of people that's not the whole truth.

I feel they've perhaps encouraged more people to get involved, but are still only one (and relatively minor) factor in the improved atmosphere. Some of the comments on here rather seem to give the impression that the posters think the introduction of clappers has "caused" a better atmosphere, which is simplistic.

I'd say the improvement in results, and particularly in our style of play, has been the main factor.

I know it's always a "chicken and egg" problem, but I genuinely feel the main reason why we improved towards the end of last season was because NP, desperate for a result and running out of time, finally set us up to play in a more attacking manner - and not because of an improvement in noise, whether that came from clappers or not.

I think the reason why many people feel an instinctive aversion to them is that it gives the impression that the support is orchestrated rather than spontaneous (which is to some extent true).

The implication is that a fanbase that has to rely on props to create noise is a lesser fanbase. I'm sure I'll be shot down for this, but I actually agree with the thrust of that argument.

When you think about it, singing to support your football team only really makes sense on an emotional rather than a rational level. So if it looks engineered, the whole exercise starts to lose some of its meaning.

Fact is, there are good reasons to take the piss out of clubs that feel they have to hand out clappers to their supporters. I know a lot of people will say they "don't care" about taking a ribbing from other fans, but I suspect for a fair proportion of people that's not the whole truth.

We pissed the championship was the atmosphere ever as good as it is now?

Not just result based more people are involved.

As much as I dislike the clappers, I can understand they've helped to make a huge improvement and can accept they are probably around for the foreseeable.

Can anyone that uses one explain why you're more likely to get involved with clapping than without the clapper? Purely interested...

If you're not hungry, but someone offers you a chip, you take one and eat it and find yourself wanting more.

We've gotten used to not making noise at the football for whatever reason. The clappers are the chip. Soon the desire for a full plate of chips will make it so the clappers are not needed and we wont need the encouragement. We'll just automatically clap and sing as that is now what we're used to.

If you're not hungry, but someone offers you a chip, you take one and eat it and find yourself wanting more.

We've gotten used to not making noise at the football for whatever reason. The clappers are the chip. Soon the desire for a full plate of chips will make it so the clappers are not needed and we wont need the encouragement. We'll just automatically clap and sing as that is now what we're used to.

This is brilliant you are spot on,the only thing is I really want some chips now!!

As much as I dislike the clappers, I can understand they've helped to make a huge improvement and can accept they are probably around for the foreseeable. 

Can anyone that uses one explain why you're more likely to get involved with clapping than without the clapper? Purely interested...

you can get the clappers cured with penicillin these days...you sound bitter though...

Guest CityFan 06

Absolutely agree with this, spot on. No that I want to break what works but I really don't want us to have clap banners. I know I shouldn't care but being constantly slated as 'tinpot' is just frustrating. I really don't think our atmosphere is that bad where we have to be given clappers to create any atmosphere. With the consistent impact of L1 and now Union FS in SK1 I genuinely believe our atmosphere would still be good even without them. It would be nice to at least trial this at some home game. Edited by @LeicesterFox1884

Has anyone seen fuchs interview on foxes player?

He said the king power is probably the only ground to sound like a ground from Germany. He also mentioned his family coming to watch every game and they couldn't even hear each other speak so far at the king power yet at West Ham they could hear the players talking on the pitch. He also goes into saying coming into the premier league he knows what to expect in terms of the atmosphere being a lot more quiet than the Bundesliga.

Edited by LCFC FOX

Absolutely agree with this, spot on. No that I want to break what works but I really don't want us to have clap banners. I know I shouldn't care but being constantly slated as 'tinpot' is just frustrating. I really don't think our atmosphere is that bad where we have to be given clappers to create any atmosphere. With the consistent impact of L1 and now Union FS in SK1 I genuinely believe our atmosphere would still be good even without them. It would be nice to at least trial this at some home game.

Who is calling us tinpot? All I am hearing from other fans is "great atmosphere". The only notion of it being tinpot is from our own fans, the ones that cringe at everything and call us a laughing stock every time something happens.

We have a great atmosphere why the fvck does anyone care how it has happened just enjoy it.

Edited by Captain...