Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Who is calling us tinpot? All I am hearing from other fans is "great atmosphere". The only notion of it being tinpot is from our own fans, the ones that cringe at everything and call us a laughing stock every time something happens.

We have a great atmosphere why the fvck does anyone care how it has happened just enjoy it.

I can think of a couple of team's forums.  Not gonna name them - we all know who I'm talking about so no need to start another us vs them spinoff thread.

I can think of a couple of team's forums.  Not gonna name them - we all know who I'm talking about so no need to start another us vs them spinoff thread.

exodus_3408975b.jpg

Please tell me people are not worried what this lot say about anything.

That isn't half time, that isn't a cup match/friendly, that was their first home game this season.

exodus_3408975b.jpg

Please tell me people are not worried what this lot say about anything.

That isn't half time, that isn't a cup match/friendly, that was their first home game this season.

I should hope not too.  Which is why I decided not to name names and start this all over again.

Clappers, drums, goal music, the Poznan, crap giant flags, not so original chants .... all things that folks have moaned about - but together with the help form the UFS and the frankly amazing tifo's... What an atmosphere!!!!

The whole round literally rocks when we score, just like the top tier of the old double decker used too..

I'll take names like tinpot, commercial, fake etc. etc. over being a library - and the team are responding long may it continue

Clappers, drums, goal music, the Poznan, crap giant flags, not so original chants .... all things that folks have moaned about - but together with the help form the UFS and the frankly amazing tifo's... What an atmosphere!!!!

The whole round literally rocks when we score, just like the top tier of the old double decker used too..

I'll take names like tinpot, commercial, fake etc. etc. over being a library - and the team are responding long may it continue

Agreed, sod it if other teams criticise us, frankly I see more praise than criticism from other fans.

To be honest, I've never liked the drum, however, the combination of a variety of things have led to us probably having the best atmosphere in the country. Some of these things, some of us aren't fans of, but the combination of them all has given us what we now have.

Don't remove anything, especially the clappers, whether you like them or not, they have helped involve thousands of fans who normally wouldn't join in. They are not just hitting their clappers either, they are also joining in on some of the chants.

If anything, let's add more. For example, did my eyes deceive me, or did I see a flag on a short pole in the Union FS area against Spurs (I stand at the back of the Family Stand near the away section). I would love to see our own version of the Dortmund end where they have all the flags.

Keep it up everyone, your'e making this old git very happy. I will happily admit I was one of the posters a couple of years back that would moan about the atmosphere and look through rose tinted glasses at the 'good old days'.

Not any more. WE NOW HAVE THE GREATEST SUPPORT IN THE COUNTRY, now let's take on the world!

COYB

Edited by Weller in Tights

• 3 weeks later...

Limbs everywhere for the equaliser! The winner was weird because of the potential injury.

Pretty sure most of us weren't sure if Dean had even given it and to be fair I think everyone was just genuinely worried about Dyer.

Had he not been clattered it'd have been scenes.

That said, someone made the point that last year after Cambiasso equalised v United it was a bigger celebration than the winner because there's so much relief at pulling level having been a few goals down.

Guest CityFan 06

The atmosphere in the Kop and the whole stadium for the last 20 mins was incredible. Would absolutely love to see the Kop when we scored the equaliser and winner.

It was after we scored the first. It was as limp as the performance on the pitch before then.

No, I'm not having that we were loud all through the first half, a little subdued after their second admittedly but on the whole excellent.

It was after we scored the first. It was as limp as the performance on the pitch before then.

Yup.

I felt mildly embarrassed when we sang "you only sing when you're winning" at the Villa fans, but very pleased :D

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Pretty sure most of us weren't sure if Dean had even given it and to be fair I think everyone was just genuinely worried about Dyer.

That said, someone made the point that last year after Cambiasso equalised v United it was a bigger celebration than the winner because there's so much relief at pulling level having been a few goals down.

i was watching on tele and even they had no idea if we'd actually scored. dean didn't give a goal at any stage i don't think, the only reason they changed the score on sky was cos villa were lining up for a kick off. strange thirty seconds or so, nobody knew whether to celebrate. 

Yeh agreed. 90% of my mates are Villa so today was incredible. I am drunk.