Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Spurs Post Match

The sloppy goal we conceded is the only real disappointment for me. No real committed attempts to tackle him or push him off the ball, and Chadli had so much time to pick a cross out. But the way we responded straight after was just amazing. We battered them afterwards and could have won it.

Agree with what some people are saying about De Laet. I'm nowhere near as against him as some are and I actually really like him, but I think we could find a better player than him for that position for a reasonable amount of money. He put in some good blocks today but seemed to panic once or twice; the attempted clearance towards the end of the game that went straight up in the air was a bit bewildering. 

First sub rocked the boat a little, I know I will be shot down for this but we conceded almost immediately after swapping albrighton for Kante. Fortunately mahrez dug us out 30 seconds later. However it is hard to come in as a sub, especially when the opposition have so much possession, so I will let Kante off. Just unsure he knew exactly where he should have been, as that side got exposed for the goal.

Once Inler came on we sured it up again, Kante and Inler both combining well and Kante making some good defensive blocks too. Inler looks calm on the ball, think he will be useful with his experience. Still don't want either of them straight into the team. King and Drinky looked good again today.

Overall good performance and how Lloris saved Morgan's header is beyond me.

Happy with a draw as Spurs are a decent side.  If we are going toe to toe with clubs of that quality then it's showing our improvement. 

Shinji took a battering again.  I hate Vertonghen, I don't know how he gets away with being such a dirty defender, not just against us but plenty of times i've seen him play.

I would start with Inler and maybe Kante next game, I think they will control the play in the middle a lot better from the start.  We never have high possession stats as every time we get the ball we attack.

De Laet had a lot of attention his way again but I did notice Mahrez helping out a lot more. 

Some good points, Marhez was doing his job for him however he was under quite a bit of pressure but still we need to strenghten for sure at RB.

And agree with Spurs dirty tatics everytime we looked to get on a good break they blatently took us down which resulted in 3 cards, dirty bastards!

Yes, 1-1 was a fair result and we have got better results in our 3 games compared to those same games last season (an extra 6 points) so its looking pretty good.

I'm confident we will beat Aston Villa at home but Bournemouth away next week?

To think we have Inler and Kante waiting in the wings, as well as last year's top scorer and Kramaric we put in a good shift and got a good draw vs Spurs.

Encouraging start, the points are there for us at Bournemouth and Villa if we carry on intensity

First sub rocked the boat a little, I know I will be shot down for this but we conceded almost immediately after swapping albrighton for Kante. Fortunately mahrez dug us out 30 seconds later. However it is hard to come in as a sub, especially when the opposition have so much possession, so I will let Kante off. Just unsure he knew exactly where he should have been, as that side got exposed for the goal.

Once Inler came on we sured it up again, Kante and Inler both combining well and Kante making some good defensive blocks too. Inler looks calm on the ball, think he will be useful with his experience. Still don't want either of them straight into the team. King and Drinky looked good again today.

Overall good performance and how Lloris saved Morgan's header is beyond me.

Kante and Inler were both on before their goal :dunno:

Happy with the point. We definitely needed to make changes earlier than we did. Kante looked very lively and Inler had some good touches.

I agree with RDL being the weakest link within the side. Need to look for a replacement. Maybe give Benalouane a run out at RB or even Was for Bournemouth?

Mahrez :wub:

Archived