Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

Harsh on Vardy, makes his full England debut on a pitch the likes of which he probably hasn't played on since he was at Stocksbridge, against opponents of the same sort of calibre. I think he's doing ok, just trying to actually control the ball and find someone else with his passes. But being out on the left doesn't really suit him.

I've noticed this. He needs to be more greedy when he gets the ball, he's laying it off and making a run perfect for the one touch return but Shaw and Barkley take too long on the ball then end up losing it or have the pass intercepted.

Yes! I noticed this a few times. It looks to me like they think the same as most other fans, that he's not good enough... He needs to just take them on!

Never get why people complain about Vardy, he's better than some lazy twat like Berahino or Danny Ings who can't get a game for Liverpool, or Ashley Young who the only thing he can do is cut onto his right foot and blast it into orbit.

Dull stuff, scored through a mysteriously given penalty and an own goal, the touch of many players has been awful, the shooting has been shocking, Shelvey's done quite well.

Vardy's gaining a cap but little else, a headache most likely given the knocks he's had. This game isn't suiting him at all.

Of course that's the debate, somebody wanted to bring Kane on. Hodgson wants to play 4-3-3.

No the debate is who is the better player.....position was not even discussed.

Given that Vardy and Kane both lead their clubs as a number 9, they're both strikers and kane superior.

I think he's doing alright - not sure why people are whinging nobody is passing him the ball, he's seen a fair amount of it.

It's not whinging but analysis.  He's doing alright, it's the others not supporting him with simple first time passes.  I suppose we are just spoilt with watching our fast attacking football every week.

Archived