Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

Provided he stays fit and continues to play well, he'll be gone in the summer; regardless of where we finish.

Why leave?

Infinitely more money personally

To play for a club with greater history

Different climate/culture

An opportunity to play for a childhood dream team

Because football is a business and 50M (it could be even more) would see over 100x return on investment.

Why stay?

Because LCFC helped launch his top flight career.

Because we won the league/top four/ top 6.....

Whether he chooses to leave, or is 'pushed' out for financial reasons, is the only moot point. He will move on and hopefully have a phenomenal career. He has been a delight to see grow and develop and I wish him all the best.

Of course, I could be wrong and he signs another 5 year contract in Jan.... Wishful thinking here though.

he's a million percent staying in january, he always has been. we would absolutely never sell him half way through a potentially historic season and why would he leave? same for vardy. vardy will stay regardless imo, but riyad will obviously have bids from most the top clubs in this league and maybe throughout europe in the summer. if we don't get champions league football he will definitely be offered it elsewhere. just depends if the price is right or if he forces a move. 

Exactly my thoughts, a rare actual agreement there haha.

As if they'd want to pass up the chance of winning the league with some of their best mates again!

Exactly my thoughts, a rare actual agreement there haha.

As if they'd want to pass up the chance of winning the league with some of their best mates again!

we both know i am a voice of the people 

Hope Leicester capitalize on Mahrez. Well deserved from a team that believed in 'Rooky then' Mahrez. Would be happy if they sell him as high as possible then put 3M or 5 to find another Mahrez and do it all over again.

Wouldn't happen again unless we get relegated. Mahrez was alright his first season in the Championship, Vardy was pretty awful in his, and both were fairly mediocre last season. Takes time to build up a lower league player to their standard, and it won't happen by throwing them in at the deep end. Only exception has been Kanté, but he's a different type of player and was already a beast in France.

Example in Kramaric - if we'd given him a season in the Championship he'd be tearing the Prem up within 2 years.

Leetoh >>>

I think Leicester is doing great job "forging" Awesome players, I don't see why they can't keep doing it even in the premiere league. Looks like You got a great scout team; Young fresh players tend to give everything and a good environment is sometime all what it takes to propel them.

Or rather I should say Leicester doing great job putting the last touch on young fresh Talents already forged in championship-like leagues , like in France league 1 or 2 for example ...why not keep doing it .

That will make Leicester Porto of the Premiere league.

I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

The best thing about this success is that the spine of our team were all part of the Championship winning side - they have developed a brotherhood on the pitch that can't be developed overnight - money can't buy what our team has.

I can remember Riyad slotting in passes to Vardy in the Championship against the likes of Birmingham City and Barnsley.

To see them both now stamping their mark on the Premiership in Leicester City blue is priceless. Bale, Messi, Ronaldo - they wouldn't understand what it means to the wear the Leicester shirt.

Riyad clearly respects the shirt and long may his wizardry continue for us.

Sorry for going off-topic a little, but what happened to Leicester's interest in Slimani ? I heard they were interested during the summer.

The guy has the fighting spirit to play in a team like L.C, never gives up.

Would have much preferred Slimani to Okazaki, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Shinji has been okay for us so far and hopefully gets better with time.

Would have much preferred Slimani to Okazaki, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Shinji has been okay for us so far and hopefully gets better with time.

Shinji gives it his all too. Too bad he is not good around the ball. Slimani never stops working the defenders creating spaces for the likes of Vardy and Mahrez. His heading game is one of the best in Europe too. Can't wait to watch Saturday's game !

My dream would be to see another algerian player at Leicester, maybe Mandi or who knows, Brahimi ! 

Archived