Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stox259

Mahrez

I'm not as worried as I was once about the squad ethic. I'm not trying to play down its importance, but what I mean is now is that I think that it's so strong that you aren't going to get anyone in here disrupting it because the bond is that tight. It's not like when we had players like Mills and Beckford as bigger personalities in the dressing room where we needed change, the new boys will have to adapt to what it's like at the minute, and given the summer's business I see no reason it won't. Inler was the highest profile player we had in August and he doesn't seem to be causing any issues despite never making the side.

I was worried we'd lose it a bit when Pearson went but if anything it just goes from strength to strength. A Palace fan made a point to me in the summer that he thinks it's the same there, that whoever they get in charge, they'll be lucky enough to inherit a very strong team bond, rather than having to rebuild it.

At the end of the day we can't keep paying our best players £40,000 a week and expect to ever keep any of them (Mahrez is not on 40k week, I'm pretty sure he's on about 18k). Nothing worrying about 100,000k a week for me, if he plays like he is at the minute he's worth more to us than that. This season is massive for us, but if we did go on and win it there are two ways it can go:

1. You keep paying the players small wages and other clubs offer bigger money, we sell them and fall back into mediocrity, learn to cherish "that time we were good in 2015" and accept we are now west brom.

2. You say, right, **** it, onwards and upwards and start paying the wages and the transfer fee's and capitalise big time until you are consistently up there with the big boys.

This. If we are ever going to compete at the top of the prem and get into Europe there is no way of doing that if we can't pay the going rate as a wage. 100k does sound scary but 100m per year to stay in the prem.... It would be way more expensive to lose players, and not be able to add quality and get relegated than to adjust to the budgets in the prem. Mahrez anyway is still young and to be fair he would get 100k per week somewhere so we have to compete on all fronts

Poor penalty. The stutter is sposed to make the keeper shift his weight to one side and Mahrez can then see that and put it the other side, but he put it the way the keeper edged towards and at a very comfortable height. I would keep him as our taker unless he misses again, then would look at Vardy to take over who has a completely different style but still effective 

Seemed to be coming very deep to collect the ball today after they went down to 10 and when he got it going nowhere. Surprised Ranieri didn't tell him to stay on the touchline and wait for the ball to come to him and do his magic from there. We needed to be patient and stretch the opposition.

Archived