Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Nathan Dyer

If he does well, enjoys his loan spell and we want him enough then I doubt we will receive too much resistance from Swansea. Monk can say Dyer is in his plans all he wants but that's clearly not massively accurate or else he wouldn't be playing for us in the first place.

It was the same with Huth last season. Both Dyer and Huth are/were fan favourites before arriving at Leicester and you get the impression the manager saying things like "he's still in my plans" is to appease the fans and keep squad morale up (I daresay Dyer has been both popular and influential in his Swansea time). They won't turn down £5mil odd for him with one year to go and at that price I'd be amazed if we don't get him.

I wouldn't be so sure. Rumour i've heard in Swansea is that he was allowed to leave on loan to us because his Mrs was playing away and he needed to get away to sort his head out. If true, Monk may have loaned him as a favor to Dyer rather than wanting to be rid of him. If true, i think that will only help him perform well with us and it could work in our favour if Dyer wants a proper fresh start rather than time away.

I'm proud of how brave Dyer was to score that goal.

However, Dyer was clearly in no condition to finish the game. A boxing ref would have stopped the fight if a boxer had anywhere near the kind of injury Dyer had.

Concussions are no joke, and effects from concussions can take effect and continue to cause serious harm to one's health years after the initial injury (especially if one has had multiple concussions). Football is at least 10 years behind science when it comes to recognizing and treating head injuries.

I hope the injury isn't too bad. And he was excellent when he came on yesterday, that must be said.

calm down you ****, it was a mistake. I was told this on the first page, I just double checked it and his deal is until 2017

You only have to read this page (page7) to know it's not true, not the whole thread. Not my fault is you can't read!

As for the insult, You can call me 4* all you like but I'm much classier than that my friend!

I'm proud of how brave Dyer was to score that goal.

However, Dyer was clearly in no condition to finish the game. A boxing ref would have stopped the fight if a boxer had anywhere near the kind of injury Dyer had.

Concussions are no joke, and effects from concussions can take effect and continue to cause serious harm to one's health years after the initial injury (especially if one has had multiple concussions). Football is at least 10 years behind science when it comes to recognizing and treating head injuries.

I hope the injury isn't too bad. And he was excellent when he came on yesterday, that must be said.

sort of see what you're saying but a boxing fight would have been stopped because the next action in a boxing fight would be for him to get twatted in the head again. all he did in injury time was stroll around, it's not like he's a big centre half who was being put back onto the pitch with the sole aim of heading a ball or going up for challenges. 

Being unconscious is not the definition of having a concussion 

We'll have one of the best medical teams in the country, I'm sure they will have checked his eyes and if he was concussed then wouldn't have let him back on. He sounded fine in his post-match interview too.

We'll have one of the best medical teams in the country, I'm sure they will have checked his eyes and if he was concussed then wouldn't have let him back on. He sounded fine in his post-match interview too.

Dyer said he was still feeling groggy in his post-match interview.

it's impossible to do a thorough concussion check in three minutes. Just ain't happening . The big problem with concussions is that they are accumulative. 

Dyer said he was still feeling groggy in his post-match interview.

There was a point just after it happened where someone switched it out to him on the left and the ball almost knocked him over, definitely destabilised him. I thought at the time that he shouldn't be on the pitch. Haven't seen it back but I do think the incident made a mockery of whatever regulations the PL/FA have in place for concussions.

Archived