Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Nathan Dyer

Also remembered i went to see the Swans pre season friendly back in 2009, i think we played them first or 2nd game of the season back when we were both in the Championship, so i did a bit of scout report (the post is still available if anyone's really interested) This was what i said about Dyer (even 6 years ago)

"RM - Nathan Dyer - KEY MAN! This guy will run at defenders all day, loves to get past his man and get the ball into the box from the byline. Can definitely be a match winner. Won a penalty for Swansea’s 1st and created the 2nd with a good run to byline. Will switch with Gower over to the left but is much more dangerous down the right. Has pace to burn."

He's really good defensively and built up a great understanding with Angel Rangel over a number of seasons down the right. In all honesty, i think he made Rangel look better than he was, but i can't say i've seen enough of the Swans to say this convincingly. The 2 of them were pretty much ever present for Swans in their early Prem years and they really functioned well as a unit both defensively and getting forward. I can see him getting on similarly well with De Laet over time, so it would definitely be an option for games where we know we will need more defensive cover on the wings. 

He works hard tracking back and for such a small bloke manages to get his foot in and win the ball quite often.

On the scale you suggest he's definitely Albrighton - but i'd compare him more to a higher quality Lloyd, as he rely s alot on pace (which Albrighton is not renown for!)

Thanks for the reply.

He sounds better than I could've hoped for.

And anyone questioning his attitude, their fans also said he was a model professional. Quite similiar to lloyd actually - 'no twitter fingers, quiet and gets the job done' was their words.

Interesting you mention Lloyd, who threw the odd strop whilst here and has kicked up a bit of fuss at Watford and Birmingham lol

Didn't Nathan have a strop in a Cup final once?

Yeah 3-0 up against Bradford in the cup final, Dyer on a hat trick and he wins a penalty and obviously wants to take it but De Guzman wouldn't let him. I remember watching it and thinking he was within his right to be pissed off - It wasn't like Bradford had anyway back!

Very classy player. A great addition.

Thanks Claudio.

I think this is another Walsh job. One other thing on Dyer if we are ever 3-0 up and he is on a hat trick and he is brought down for a penalty there won't be any of our players arguing with him to take it.

An absolutely top signing this one. Definitely gives us more strength in depth out wide. He should be at the peak of his powers now considering his age so all the signs are there that Dyer will be an excellent addition.

So happy with the squad now. We've improved the squad in key areas: centre-back, left-back, centre-mid, in wide areas, and up front. And there's Merson saying that "we haven't brought a load in" and we'll have to rely on last season's players. He does realise that last season's players are in the form of their lives and they took us to 14th place last season. Being bottom for so long was a false position. We never got beaten by more than 2 clear goals and performed well without getting results. Surprise package this year I reckon.

I think this is another Walsh job. One other thing on Dyer if we are ever 3-0 up and he is on a hat trick and he is brought down for a penalty there won't be any of our players arguing with him to take it.

If a player turns out shit people will say it's a Claudio signing, if they are awesome it's Walsh.

Can't we just accept they are a team and thus equally responsible for the players that join?!?

I'm happy with this signing - particularly being a loan signing so we can re-assess once more next summer. However, I'd have much rather preferred to have squeezed Schlupp on to the wing in the long term and Fuchs at left back - as a 3rd winger option instead. 

I'm happy with this signing - particularly being a loan signing so we can re-assess once more next summer. However, I'd have much rather preferred to have squeezed Schlupp on to the wing in the long term and Fuchs at left back - as a 3rd winger option instead. 

Fuchs is better at attacking than he is at defending - and that's according to his own statement.

Archived