Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Nathan Dyer

No chance he renews his contract at Swansea.

27 years of age and allowed to go out on loan in the last year of his contract.

If he impresses here I'm sure we'll sign him in January on a pre Bosman.

Love the fella for that very brave header to keep our run going, I hope it works out for him here.  :thumbup:

No chance he renews his contract at Swansea.

27 years of age and allowed to go out on loan in the last year of his contract.

If he impresses here I'm sure we'll sign him in January on a pre Bosman.

He is on contract with them until summer 2017.

But if he continues to impress, I do expect we will try to sign him, I just wonder if he will want to? He might have a great relationship with Monk and might trust him that he'll be able to get game time with them in the future, especially if their favoured formation changes with January signings.

He wasn't looking at Guzan so I doubt he was expecting to get hit. Brave would've been a diving header when you see a bloke about to hoof a ball out.

You know you're going to get hit there, even if you're not looking at the keeper. I think Quinn said after the game, it sounds like an Elephant galloping towards you when the keeper comes out like that.

Took one for the team yesterday and scored on his debut in the process - I really like Nathan Dyer as a footballer. There's just so much to embrace about him as a person, as well. He's a proper whirlwind and great to bring on in the latter stages of a game in order to break opposing defenders with his speed, tenacity and dribbling skills.

He also comes across as pretty level-headed in interviews and I suppose he's very huggable. :D

If he does well, enjoys his loan spell and we want him enough then I doubt we will receive too much resistance from Swansea. Monk can say Dyer is in his plans all he wants but that's clearly not massively accurate or else he wouldn't be playing for us in the first place.

It was the same with Huth last season. Both Dyer and Huth are/were fan favourites before arriving at Leicester and you get the impression the manager saying things like "he's still in my plans" is to appease the fans and keep squad morale up (I daresay Dyer has been both popular and influential in his Swansea time). They won't turn down £5mil odd for him with one year to go and at that price I'd be amazed if we don't get him.

Dyer was once a player people thought deserved an England call up, and with him only be 26/27 he's got his best years ahead of him, if he plays well enough for us this year it's a no brainer to bring him in permanently.

will be interesting to see how much they want for him if he does well

I don't think you do

I'd be pretty confident that a defender or goalkeeper will be coming to smash that ball as far away as possible. The bravery to focus completely on the ball and making contact with it was admirable.

Definitely would not sound like an Elephant coming towards you though haha, I doubt he could hear much above the roar of the crowd at that point.

Archived