Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Nathan Dyer

Always admired Dyer's abilities and have wanted him for us for the last 4 years.  Never thought it was going to happen.  After listening to his interview I'm even more impressed.  Seems a top guy and can see no reason why he won't fit in excellently into our squad.  Only doubt is why he's faded from Swansea's team, but that can happen, and there's no reason to suppose he's past his best.

Always admired Dyer's abilities and have wanted him for us for the last 4 years.  Never thought it was going to happen.  After listening to his interview I'm even more impressed.  Seems a top guy and can see no reason why he won't fit in excellently into our squad.  Only doubt is why he's faded from Swansea's team, but that can happen, and there's no reason to suppose he's past his best.

He's behind Ayew and Montero who are both first choice at the moment. Montero was injured for the united game and Monk played Routledge so he's at least 4 in the pecking order. At least with us he'd be at least 3rd in the pecking order and more likely to get game time.

So if he is out of contract next summer, technically if he puts in a few good months between now and January, we could sign him on a free?

From his wiki.

On 6 August 2013, Dyer signed a new four-year deal with the club, keeping him at the Liberty Stadium until June 2017.

I didn't suggest he will be dropped. I simply said I think he maybe moved into a position we are struggling massively for good performances. Both De Laet and Simpson aren't good enough. Albrighton was solid as a wing back last season and on the face of it has all the necessary attributes to perform as an out and out full back.

He has the engine to get up and down the pitch, he's a battler that is not afraid to make challenges, his positional sense was very good as a wing back and on the overlap he will have more space and opportunity to get crosses into the box.

Sorry I missed that in your team you posted. I see it now. Fair enough that, I think you are right about albrighton being a good rb. I would be worried that in some games where we have less possession he would be wasted there though. I like Dyer though, he will be hungry to prove the doubters wrong. Should be a good addition to the squad.

The team is looking so strong. Can't help but feel Ranieri wants to recreate his Chelsea formation.

Kante/Makelele

Inler/Lampard

Drinkwater/Petit?

Morgan/Desailly

Huth/Terry

Benalouane/Gallas

Mahrez/Robben

Dyer/Duff

Vardy/Mutu

Okazaki/Hasslebaink

Albrighton/Joe Cole

Probably talking shit but with the 4-5-1 experiment (3 centre mids) maybe Ranieris long term vision is to get a 4-3-3 on the go?

Thank god we have Okazaki,We need to keep the wingers apart.

With above mentioned team selections, it seems we are going to play all our wingers , nobody mentions using the bench, and 1st 11 is really..the 1st 14, because we will carry on using subs.

Oh lasts weeks favourite has been suddenly forgotten..

Ddddd doo is no longer on the menu.

and Okazaki is to be banned to the sushi bar/bench.

BE sure Ranieri will use the bench, and will rightly tinker to find his players.

Won't the (now) 3 wingers just alternate depending on physical condition?

Don't know the statts, but wingers are subbed most, I think - because they run more than any one else?

Same with FBs. Only JS doesn't go off much- great athlete?

The team is looking so strong. Can't help but feel Ranieri wants to recreate his Chelsea formation.

Kante/Makelele

Inler/Lampard

Drinkwater/Petit?

Morgan/Desailly

Huth/Terry

Benalouane/Gallas

Mahrez/Robben

Dyer/Duff

Vardy/Mutu

Okazaki/Hasslebaink

Albrighton/Joe Cole

Probably talking shit but with the 4-5-1 experiment (3 centre mids) maybe Ranieris long term vision is to get a 4-3-3 on the go?

Good post, was thinking this too. I think Gallas was a bit more mobile than Benny as a right back. Also don't see a left back in your line up? Jeff is deffo in ours!

Could also play into a 433 as well with one of the 3 protecting RDL some more. Love our forward line now, so much pace and quality there and all players hungry to prove a point. Dyer was on fringes on England last season and will be sure to prove what he can do.

There will be some unhappy chaps each Saturday but for fans this is awesome!

So gutted it is an international weekend but also glad on timing as we are off in Austin this weekend.

Everton got Arron Lennon who is a good player, but I really prefer Dyer.  Our sort of player.

Have a feeling we might see Albrighton move back to right back as an experiment. Dyer is a much more proven winger than Albrighton at this level.

Kasper

Albrighton

Huth

Morgan

Schlupp

Mahrez

Inler

Kante

Dyer

Okazaki

Vardy

could happen.  But i think Yohan will get a run there first.

I think we have to go for something like this to give mahrez the freedom he needs whilst also giving us more protection on the right

Tinkering? The fans would go nuts on CR if he trys a new formation, yet we have lot's of people wanting us to try many variations.  The boy guy can't win.  Do we want him to stick to what is working or Tinker?

.................................Kasper.........................

....................De Laet......Huth......Wes...........

Albrighton/Dyer........Inler........Kante..........Schlupp

.................................Mahrez........................

......................Okazaki............Vardy..............

On the swansea forum they seem to rate his defensive work rate more than his attacking side of the game.

Could be useful to bring on for Mahrez towards the end of a match if we need to hold on, and still have the pace to counter.

And anyone questioning his attitude, their fans also said he was a model professional. Quite similiar to lloyd actually - 'no twitter fingers, quiet and gets the job done' was their words.

Chuffed with this, had fallen down the pecking order at Swansea, especially since Ayew signed but still a great player. For anyone wondering how he plays he's a smaller version of old Lloyd but with a better end product. Seems very much a confidence player and on his day can be unstoppable, having seen him a few times, on his off days he doesn't seem to have the confidence to take people on when he's got the pace to beat them. Hopefully this won't be the case with our direct style. Predominantly plays on the right and will add solid competition to our wingers with proven premier league class. Compare to someone like Antonio, who looks a handful but could easily struggle with the step up and Dyers a fraction of the cost.

Very happy with this, even more so because the mother in law is gutted!

Oh and for anyone who has anything to say about the trouble he got himself in at Southampton, he was young and stupid and was a model pro during his time at Swansea so clearly learned from his mistake. What more could you ask of the lad and a role model in the sense that people can turn it around!

What is he like defensively?

Is he a mahrez or an Albrighton?

What is he like defensively?

Is he a mahrez or an Albrighton?

He's really good defensively and built up a great understanding with Angel Rangel over a number of seasons down the right. In all honesty, i think he made Rangel look better than he was, but i can't say i've seen enough of the Swans to say this convincingly. The 2 of them were pretty much ever present for Swans in their early Prem years and they really functioned well as a unit both defensively and getting forward. I can see him getting on similarly well with De Laet over time, so it would definitely be an option for games where we know we will need more defensive cover on the wings. 

He works hard tracking back and for such a small bloke manages to get his foot in and win the ball quite often.

On the scale you suggest he's definitely Albrighton - but i'd compare him more to a higher quality Lloyd, as he rely s alot on pace (which Albrighton is not renown for!)

Archived