Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Nathan Dyer

Great signing. Be harsh to replace Albrighton or mahrez in the form there in, but good as a squad player none the less. Can he play as a cam? His shooting is of high quality! Can't wait to see him, mahrez, Albrighton and vardes terrorising the defences.

Please excuse my obvious ignorance, as everyone seems to be j@*king off, but I've just read through this post and he will play in place of:

Albrighton/Schlupp/DeLaet/Mahrez.

Obviously he's a winger; but which side?

He's a prime age but he's 5' 4" !

Just me then!

It's nice he'll have a couple of weeks to train with the sqaud now. He's a fantastic player. Not sure how we bagged him but great work from LCFC. Last time Riyad came back from international duty he was off his game for weeks. So if that happens we've got a brilliant new player to step in.

Please excuse my obvious ignorance, as everyone seems to be j@*king off, but I've just read through this post and he will play in place of:

Just me then!

What's your point?

Could also play into a 433 as well with one of the 3 protecting RDL some more. Love our forward line now, so much pace and quality there and all players hungry to prove a point. Dyer was on fringes on England last season and will be sure to prove what he can do.

There will be some unhappy chaps each Saturday but for fans this is awesome!

So gutted it is an international weekend but also glad on timing as we are off in Austin this weekend.

Have a feeling we might see Albrighton move back to right back as an experiment. Dyer is a much more proven winger than Albrighton at this level.

Kasper

Albrighton

Huth

Morgan

Schlupp

Mahrez

Inler

Kante

Dyer

Okazaki

Vardy

I've been thinking Ranieri might try Albrighton there. Might wait for the cup game against West Ham maybe.

Have a feeling we might see Albrighton move back to right back as an experiment. Dyer is a much more proven winger than Albrighton at this level.

Kasper

Albrighton

Huth

Morgan

Schlupp

Mahrez

Inler

Kante

Dyer

Okazaki

Vardy

Albrighton had one of the highest assists in the prem end of last season. He was instrumental in our upsurge in form in those last 8 games. He doesn't deserve to be replaced. He has also already bagged this season. You can't drop someone on such form.

Dyer will have to work hard to earn his place in the team. He will be cameos and impact for the first few weeks at least. If he proves himself then fair enough. But on recent form he certainly isn't better suited for our team than Albrighton.

Dyer is an excellent signing. More pace and direct option, more of a true winger than a wide attacker. A player we hadn't replaced after Lloyd Dyer's departure and until Albrighton broke into the team before the great escape. Mahrez, Albrighton, Schlupp and Dyer are great options to have in the squad.

Very pleased with this summers business. Added quality and top flight experience in all areas of the pitch.

Just me then!

He can play either side and how Ranieri has set up with Albrighton & Mahrez on opposite flanks and occasionally switching, he's suited to come in and compliment either of them. He's like lightning too, should be fun watching him leave Alan Hutton on his arse in a couple of weeks. People have to remember it's not just about coming in and being a replacement. It's a big squad now and everyone will get a go and be needed at various stages if someone suffers a dip, gets injured or whatever. The competition's good now and this has been a really good window for us IMO.

Albrighton had one of the highest assists in the prem end of last season. He was instrumental in our upsurge in form in those last 8 games. He doesn't deserve to be replaced. He has also already bagged this season. You can't drop someone on such form.

Dyer will have to work hard to earn his place in the team. He will be cameos and impact for the first few weeks at least. If he proves himself then fair enough. But on recent form he certainly isn't better suited for our team than Albrighton.

I didn't suggest he will be dropped. I simply said I think he maybe moved into a position we are struggling massively for good performances. Both De Laet and Simpson aren't good enough. Albrighton was solid as a wing back last season and on the face of it has all the necessary attributes to perform as an out and out full back.

He has the engine to get up and down the pitch, he's a battler that is not afraid to make challenges, his positional sense was very good as a wing back and on the overlap he will have more space and opportunity to get crosses into the box.

He can play either side and how Ranieri has set up with Albrighton & Mahrez on opposite flanks and occasionally switching, he's suited to come in and compliment either of them. He's like lightning too, should be fun watching him leave Alan Hutton on his arse in a couple of weeks. People have to remember it's not just about coming in and being a replacement. It's a big squad now and everyone will get a go and be needed at various stages if someone suffers a dip, gets injured or whatever. The competition's good now and this has been a really good window for us IMO.

Thanks Ian, I'm with it now.

Chuffed with this, had fallen down the pecking order at Swansea, especially since Ayew signed but still a great player. For anyone wondering how he plays he's a smaller version of old Lloyd but with a better end product. Seems very much a confidence player and on his day can be unstoppable, having seen him a few times, on his off days he doesn't seem to have the confidence to take people on when he's got the pace to beat them. Hopefully this won't be the case with our direct style. Predominantly plays on the right and will add solid competition to our wingers with proven premier league class. Compare to someone like Antonio, who looks a handful but could easily struggle with the step up and Dyers a fraction of the cost.

Very happy with this, even more so because the mother in law is gutted!

Oh and for anyone who has anything to say about the trouble he got himself in at Southampton, he was young and stupid and was a model pro during his time at Swansea so clearly learned from his mistake. What more could you ask of the lad and a role model in the sense that people can turn it around!

Archived