Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Roughest part of Leicester(shire)?

Roughest part of Leicester(shire)??  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think the roughest area of Leicester is?

• Highfields
    • Braunstone
    • New Parks
    • St Matthews
    • Eyres Monsell
    • Saffron Lane
    • Northfields
    • Beaumont Leys
    • ANY OTHER

New Parks is fine these days apart from the odd spot.

From that list I'd day Highfields, it was like walking through a totally different World last time I was in it.

Having lived in New Parks for the 1st 21 years of my life I've gotta say you've got it the wrong way round mate.

Guest MattP

Fair enough Soup Nazi, pretty much all my family are Parkies and I've never really seen any bother there in the time I've spent.

Visiting and living is different though I suppose.

One of my favourite stories from a New Parks housing officer was about watching a drug dealer chase another tenant down Birds Nest Avenue with a replica samurai sword. Brilliant stuff.

Hilarious to hear but actually pretty terrifying when you stop and consider that that actually happened.

Remember a drug related murder-by-car on the boulevard at the bottom of Kemp Road while I was working there as well. Most amount of emergency services vehicles I've ever seen descend on a place.

We had another family harassed out of a house on Stephenson by extremely racist graffiti the day after they moved in and this is over the last couple of years, not the seventies.

Of course these are all isolated incidents and I'd never suggest they represent the majority of the New Parks who I've always found to be sound, same as the majority anywhere.

But I don't know of any similar incidents on the Matthews. I'm sure there are stories if you talk to the staff there but I worked what we called Central for two years which is all the Matthews and Highfield and Peters and never had any issues other than the language barrier.

Like I said, I genuinely just think it's people's perceptions. Other than the drug issues which are pretty isolated and the odd case of neighbours rowing, most of our estates are hugely overhyped.

I'm sure if you hung around somewhere in South of East London or even some Washington projects you'd realise what really rough is.

Roughest part of Leicestershire?

Must be the General Chat section of this forum, surely?

It's been getting particularly rough in the "Midlife Crisis" thread. Several people have been flamed and at least one has been rinced.

Archived