Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Just Wondered who you thought our most Important player was?

296 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most important member of our team?

• Jamie Vardy
    • Riyad Mahrez
    • N'Golo Kante
    • Danny Drinkwater
    • Robert Huth
    • Wes Morgan
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Sports science team!
    • Leon Crncic
    • Schmiechel

Just so I've got it right if you had to choose either JV or RM to miss the next game (forget the goal record thing) ...   you would choose JV  ?

Um... that isn't the question is it?

Edit. We are not talking about the next game. We are talking long term and I think personally that Mahrez' influence on the team over a long period will be proved to be more important than Vardy's. I am not taking away from what has been, and what hopefully will continue to be, an amazingly good run of form for Vardy. What is wonderful is how well they work together and how they read each other's game. I wouldn't want to lose either but I feel that 'if' Vardy was to stop scoring, which happens to many very good strikers, then Mahrez will still continue to provide those opportunities for others - Ulloa on Saturday being a case in point. This is, of course, an opinion. Agree or disagree as you like.

Its my question.

See my edit. One of the two to miss the next game then I would choose Mahrez but that is a different question to the one being asked. Long term, I would rather lose Vardy - if I had to lose one.

See my edit. One of the two to miss the next game then I would choose Mahrez but that is a different question to the one being asked. Long term, I would rather lose Vardy - if I had to lose one.

The question being asked is  "Just wondered who you thought our most important player was ?"  so the time period hasn't really been clarified.  Either way though I still think the answer is JV as he has the ability to make the biggest difference to the result, which is surely the main priority.  I hear what you are saying about RM creating the opportunities but do you really think LU or SO will finish like JV ? ....   or for that matter be in the right place to do it ???    Many times other players like DD have been providers for JV, or he has just created goals out of nothing all on his own.  No, I really believe he is our most important player now and for the foreseeable .....    but like you rightly pointed out ...   each to their own opinion.

Vardy for sure

I'm more confident in our wide options than our strikers atm, though that's easy to say as Vardy has stolen the show in the striker department so Ulloa/Krim haven't had a huge amount of chances. I'd be confident in playing Schlupp/Albrighton Schlupp/Dyer Dyer/Albrighton if Mahrez wasn't available. Though we would miss his sublime creativity.

Kante is probably 2nd choice for me. He;s our engine. 

I voted for the Sports Science team (I assume we're including Physios/Docs in this) and I'll tell you for why...

• We are fit as fvck and are acknowledged by many for being the most 'energetic' and hard working team in the PL.
  • We finish games stronger than all our opponents and our stamina throughout the team is just unreal.
  • We come back from going behind because we never stop running and chasing.
  • Vardy publicly thanked the physios from getting him fit enough to play vs Newcastle. Without them he may not have even played/scored
  • Without tempting fate, we haven't had many injuries to speak off (apart from Matty James). This has allowed us to keep the core of the team together and provided the consistency needed to be top of the pile.
  • Kasper publicly thanked the owners and staff on MOTD3 for doing 'absolutely everything' to help us be successful so far this season. 

So in summary, our brilliant behind the scenes team has helped the players to reach their potential and perform at their highest level. I hope we all realise how lucky we are to have such a great set up at Leicester.

Has to be Vardy. Both Mahrez and Kante are ahead in terms of monetary value but they could be replaced, albeit at a heavy price. Somebody mentioned about Aguero replacing Vardy but there is no way he could. Aguero is the best striker in this league but there are others around in world football similar to him. There is not a Vardy in the top leagues and our whole style of play revolves around him.

Archived