Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Just Wondered who you thought our most Important player was?

296 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most important member of our team?

• Jamie Vardy
    • Riyad Mahrez
    • N'Golo Kante
    • Danny Drinkwater
    • Robert Huth
    • Wes Morgan
    • Marc Albrighton
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Sports science team!
    • Leon Crncic
    • Schmiechel

Just for a minute imagine if we had started the season with Simpson and Fuchs as our fullbacks. We might now be Five or six points clear of clear of United already!! So the question could be posed for these two being very essential to our team.

We probably would have beat Bournmouth, Southampton and Stoke and set up with those two at the back it is hard to see us not getting blitzed by Arsenal.

Just a thought.

Kante has become the most important change to this team.

We know Vardy can score goals..he started to get his shooting boots on at the arse end of last season (though I don't think any of us saw this coming...).

But Kante's introduction has been absolutely crucial.

To score, you need to win the ball. Simply, that's what he does.

Like Vardy..what we paid for Kante re his contribution to this team is amazing. Great great signing for this club at exactly the right time.

Vardy leads our pressing from the front, wins the ball in the opposition third, chases clearances and turns them in to chances.

The goals are great but it's never been about the goals.

He sets up the way the entire team plays. I'd be fairly content if Dyer came in for Mahrez or King came in for Kante but there's only one Jamie Vardy.

Would like to add, as a caveat, that Kante is probably my favourite player and the best signing we've made since Vardy. I told a work colleague that he is to tackling what Messi is to dribbling and I stand by that. He's a tackle ninja, it's phenomenal how accurate and agile he is.

So I'm not dismissing his importance, he's massively improved our team but I just can't imagine life without Vardy currently.

Kante, come on, especially against the so-called bigger teams he's gonna be a massive asset, winning the ball back.

Although you could pick any out of Vardy, Drinky and Mahrez

Mahrez, technically speaking, is one of the best I've seen pull on an LCFC shirt.

in all seriousness i think "most important" would be the one we couldn't cope without. without riyad we still beat norwich and came from behind at bournemouth after he was taken off for being a bit rubbish. without kante we won our first two games convincingly and went toe to toe with spurs (who are one of the divisions best sides). i cant even imagine playing without vardy. 

norwich are poverty though, we don't need our important players to beat a bunch of tinpot league one players. even schlupp had them for breakfast,lunch and dinner

Voted for Claudio.

Kante and the sports science/medical team also deserve a lot of credit.

I understand people saying Vardy, but arguing that the entire game plan/style changes without him and that means he is the most important is a bit ridiculous. I think Claudio could be successful with another style/starting 11 from our squad.

The most important person in any club is the right Manager. I've advocated this for years. It doesn't matter how much he costs relative to players salaries. At last club are beginning to realise that. For that reason I've voted for Ranieri with the acknowledgement to Pearsons contribution.

We've proven since April we can play the same way and win without Kante, without Drinkwater, without Mahrez but take away Vardy and we'll have to radically alter the way we play and I simply can't see us getting the same results without him with our current options up front.

All of the current first 11 are important in their own way to the overall team effort but I can't see how anyone can say Vardy isn't the most important player to the team at this point in time.

I voted for the Sports Science team (I assume we're including Physios/Docs in this) and I'll tell you for why...

• We are fit as fvck and are acknowledged by many for being the most 'energetic' and hard working team in the PL.
  • We finish games stronger than all our opponents and our stamina throughout the team is just unreal.
  • We come back from going behind because we never stop running and chasing.
  • Vardy publicly thanked the physios from getting him fit enough to play vs Newcastle. Without them he may not have even played/scored
  • Without tempting fate, we haven't had many injuries to speak off (apart from Matty James). This has allowed us to keep the core of the team together and provided the consistency needed to be top of the pile.
  • Kasper publicly thanked the owners and staff on MOTD3 for doing 'absolutely everything' to help us be successful so far this season. 

So in summary, our brilliant behind the scenes team has helped the players to reach their potential and perform at their highest level. I hope we all realise how lucky we are to have such a great set up at Leicester.

They got my vote too for exactly the reasons above.

On the playing side the backroom staff and all they have at their disposal are the dog's bollocks!

The infrastructure at this club is magnificent.

The ticket office isn't quite there yet but you can't have it all.

Archived