Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2016 Deathlist

6 years ago Alf lol

Well aware of that, Facecloth. It was an attempted joke ("another legend" v. "another leg end" v. foot :tumbleweed:).

I was quite sad when he went, having spent every evening for a month persuading the voters of Norwich to make him PM in 1983. Started off with 2 Labour seats, ended up with 2 Tories.  :/

Well aware of that, Facecloth. It was an attempted joke ("another legend" v. "another leg end" v. foot :tumbleweed:).

I was quite sad when he went, having spent every evening for a month persuading the voters of Norwich to make him PM in 1983. Started off with 2 Labour seats, ended up with 2 Tories.  :/

He had a bit of a raw deal with the media focussing on his 'dress sense' rather than his policies, good or bad, bit of a deja vu re Corbyn

He had a bit of a raw deal with the media focussing on his 'dress sense' rather than his policies, good or bad, bit of a deja vu re Corbyn

With hindsight, that 1983 manifesto could never have won an election. Foot was a much better speaker than Corbyn, Cameron or almost any current-day politician, though.

In his later years, my Dad often used to see him in local second-hand bookshops - and once saw people helping him up after he'd fallen over on Hampstead Heath.

To me, Corbyn seems to have quite a nice line in "smart casual", but then I'm a notorious scruff! I don't trust people who dress too smartly. I wonder what they're up to.

• 2 weeks later...

Bert Kwouk has died aged 85 - possibly best known for being on Harry Hill!

Probably more famous for the Pink Panther, like Rico said, the Last of the Summer Wine, a couple of Bond films and Banzai than he was Harry Hill.

It was more of a visual pun. He was a drummer which involves hitting things with sticks to make a noise.

Yes, I got your joke. I was just piggybacking it to make my own. Surely both jokes are auditory, not visual, though?

Oh! Nevermind! As Kurt Cobain said to Dave Grohl.....

Archived