Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2016 Deathlist

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Oz with an inconsistent over the top borderline ridiculous argument, don't believe it.  Worse than ISIS lol joker. 

And actually I think most of you will find we were decriminalizing Homosexuality in the 60's not sending HS's to labour camps

We were jailing people for gay sex until 1967, when we decriminalized.

Cuba was sending people to labour camps for a bit longer, decriminalizing in 1979.

So, as an advanced, developed nation with a long history of democracy, we did slightly better than a third-world Caribbean island fresh out of a revolution and subject to an invasion, trade embargo & assassination attempts.

Cuba has nothing to crow about in this field, but nor have we.

A fairer comparison for Cuba might be Jamaica, where gay sex is still punishable with 10 years imprisonment.

As someone who obviously cares passionately about gay rights, I assume you'll be off campaigning against that in downtown Kingston, eh? lol Joker

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

We were jailing people for gay sex until 1967, when we decriminalized.

Cuba was sending people to labour camps for a bit longer, decriminalizing in 1979.

So, as an advanced, developed nation with a long history of democracy, we did slightly better than a third-world Caribbean island fresh out of a revolution and subject to an invasion, trade embargo & assassination attempts.

Cuba has nothing to crow about in this field, but nor have we.

A fairer comparison for Cuba might be Jamaica, where gay sex is still punishable with 10 years imprisonment.

As someone who obviously cares passionately about gay rights, I assume you'll be off campaigning against that in downtown Kingston, eh? lol Joker

Last time I checked 1967 was in the 60's.

A decade is a bit longer than "a bit longer" and there's a big difference between a prison and a labour camp.

I doubt you've got enough after wasting half your life getting twatted out your brain Alf, but yeah if your paying. 

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Last time I checked 1967 was in the 60's.

A decade is a bit longer than "a bit longer" and there's a big difference between a prison in and a labour camp.

I doubt you've got enough after wasting half your life getting twatted out your brain Alf, but yeah if your paying. 

Last time I checked 1960-66 were in the 60s, too - years during which we criminalized and jailed people for gay sex.

Anyway, I've made my point. If you choose to quibble about the precise margin by which we're better than a third world dictatorship, that's your business.

At first, I wondered what you were on about in your final sentence. Then I remembered that, 2-3 years ago, we got into a discussion about drink and drugs....talk about bearing grudges, Manwell! lol

Anyway, you'll be pleased to hear that my bank balance is fine and I've been teetotal for 18 months. That resolution probably won't last forever, but I've achieved a fair bit and enjoyed life greatly, even when I was boozing.

p.s. It's "if you're paying", not "if your paying" - and I'm not! Show some commitment to your cause or I might conclude that you're just a hypocrite. :D

9 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Last time I checked 1960-66 were in the 60s, too - years during which we criminalized and jailed people for gay sex.

Anyway, I've made my point. If you choose to quibble about the precise margin by which we're better than a third world dictatorship, that's your business.

At first, I wondered what you were on about in your final sentence. Then I remembered that, 2-3 years ago, we got into a discussion about drink and drugs....talk about bearing grudges, Manwell! lol

Anyway, you'll be pleased to hear that my bank balance is fine and I've been teetotal for 18 months. That resolution probably won't last forever, but I've achieved a fair bit and enjoyed life greatly, even when I was boozing.

p.s. It's "if you're paying", not "if your paying" - and I'm not! Show some commitment to your cause or I might conclude that you're just a hypocrite. :D

Granted, my statement is still correct though, and I don't choose to quibble your last post was rather provocative was it not, so was always going to get a response. 

No grudge bared whatsoever that was actually quite a decent discussion if I remember, more the unprovoked (whatever I post in RE to Oz has nothing to do with you) insult being returned with a bit of interest that is all. Good for you. 

I'm gonna go whole hog and go Dubai I reckon, if I'm gonna be a Foxestalk Martyr may as well do it properly. 

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Granted, my statement is still correct though, and I don't choose to quibble your last post was rather provocative was it not, so was always going to get a response. 

No grudge bared whatsoever that was actually quite a decent discussion if I remember, more the unprovoked (whatever I post in RE to Oz has nothing to do with you) insult being returned with a bit of interest that is all. Good for you. 

I'm gonna go whole hog and go Dubai I reckon, if I'm gonna be a Foxestalk Martyr may as well do it properly. 

If you want to have a private argument with Oz, you should PM him - and I'd know nothing about it.

If you post on a public forum, rhetorically saying "most of you will find...", that invites a response. If I feel like responding, then I will.

As for insults being returned "with interest", if you check carefully I think you'll find that you have a large overdraft. 

Anyway, I don't want to waste any more time on you - and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

p.s. It's usually "grudge bearing", though "grudge baring" is an option with a different meaning.

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

If you want to have a private argument with Oz, you should PM him - and I'd know nothing about it.

If you post on a public forum, rhetorically saying "most of you will find...", that invites a response. If I feel like responding, then I will.

As for insults being returned "with interest", if you check carefully I think you'll find that you have a large overdraft. 

Anyway, I don't want to waste any more time on you - and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

p.s. It's usually "grudge bearing", though "grudge baring" is an option with a different meaning.

If you say so Alf. lol 

For the record and as I am sure literally anyone else who has been on here any length of time and probably wasn't too  pissed to notice, but taking the piss out of my spelling on here in about 2006-10 when just about everybody else on here had at some point been made aware I have several conditions which make spelling and being grammatically accurately highly difficult, but please do carry on if the correct use of the written word is all you have in your locker. 

1 minute ago, foxy boxing said:

terrible news, i wonder what Jonathon Ross and Russell Brand will have to say?

I hate them for what they did to him. They're a pair of jumped up, arrogant, self-centred, talentless imbeciles.

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If you say so Alf. lol 

For the record and as I am sure literally anyone else who has been on here any length of time and probably wasn't too  pissed to notice, but taking the piss out of my spelling on here in about 2006-10 when just about everybody else on here had some point been made aware I have several conditions which make spelling and being grammatically accurately highly difficult, but please do carry on if the correct use of the written word is all you have in your locker. 

I must have missed that debate through being boozed up for 2 years, as I've been on here since 2008.

You seem to expect consideration to be shown for your problems, yet launch into unprovoked personal abuse about other people's (my initial response insulted your post, not you personally)....a bit hypocritical?

For the record, I don't see anything exceptionally clever about the correct use of spelling/grammar. Decent use of English is just one useful skill, one of the few that I have. I lack a hell of a lot of other skills and have various shameful traits.

I normally see it as petty and immature to go around correcting other people's spelling/grammar, and don't indulge in it. I made an exception in your case, not to ridicule your English but to wind you up for entertainment as I didn't like the tone of your initial post or your irrelevant and largely inaccurate personal abuse towards me.

Anyway, we'll be boring everyone else in this thread....over and out! :thumbup:

7 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I must have missed that debate through being boozed up for 2 years, as I've been on here since 2008.

You seem to expect consideration to be shown for your problems, yet launch into unprovoked personal abuse about other people's (my initial response insulted your post, not you personally)....a bit hypocritical?

For the record, I don't see anything exceptionally clever about the correct use of spelling/grammar. Decent use of English is just one useful skill, one of the few that I have. I lack a hell of a lot of other skills and have various shameful traits.

I normally see it as petty and immature to go around correcting other people's spelling/grammar, and don't indulge in it. I made an exception in your case, not to ridicule your English but to wind you up for entertainment as I didn't like the tone of your initial post or your irrelevant and largely inaccurate personal abuse towards me.

I'm not bored or your conversation btw. It's nice to see someone stand up to Manwell Pablo for once! lol

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

I think you should probably read the whole discussion through again if you think your first post wasn't insulting, I expect consideration from anyone, or if anything I have said is inaccurate, in the slightest. 

But yes, TTFN. 

18 minutes ago, Isle of Wight Fox said:

I bet the Grim Reaper's hands were trembling on his scythe when he heard his next assignment was Genial Harry Grout....

He was also fantastic in "Our Friends in the North" (one of the best TV dramas ever - the making of Daniel Craig & Christopher Eccleston)

31 minutes ago, davieG said:

Greg Lake, who fronted both King Crimson and Emerson, Lake and Palmer, has died aged 69.

At least he died still believing in Father Christmas.

Just realised that's two of Emerson, Lake and Palmer that have died this year. Carl Palmer is going to have a nervous couple of weeks.

On 12/4/2015 at 09:33, Ross-Kemp said:

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Sepp Blatter

Kirk Douglas

Martin Crowe

Fidel Castro

Under 40 bonus:

Justin Bieber

100th birthday today....

You hoping he overdoes the celebrations and falls down the stairs? :ph34r:

You've already got 2 there, though, haven't you? Sepp Blatter would be a good one to get!

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

100th birthday today....

You hoping he overdoes the celebrations and falls down the stairs? :ph34r:

You've already got 2 there, though, haven't you? Sepp Blatter would be a good one to get!

Yeah 2 isn't bad, it's been a good year :ph34r:

Douglas & Blatter before the end of the year would surely make me the winenr

Archived