Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

2016 Deathlist

17 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Indeed. But like most people of my age, i saw the film first. Still not sure I will ever get over the emotional trauma of seeing it when I was about 10.

Read the book when I was 8 and the film came out a couple of years later. My first instance (of many) where I was disappointed by the adaptation.

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Read the book when I was 8 and the film came out a couple of years later. My first instance (of many) where I was disappointed by the adaptation.

You did well to read it at 8. Maybe I'll have to get it for my son who is 8. He is currently smashing his way through books - he read one of the David Walliams novels (kids love 'em) from cover to cover on the flight to Lapland a few weeks ago. He really enjoys reading but would be good to get him into something a little more "literary" without scaring him off reading!

4 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

You did well to read it at 8. Maybe I'll have to get it for my son who is 8. He is currently smashing his way through books - he read one of the David Walliams novels (kids love 'em) from cover to cover on the flight to Lapland a few weeks ago. He really enjoys reading but would be good to get him into something a little more "literary" without scaring him off reading!

I was always an advanced reader, but I read it on the recommendation of another kid in my class. It's not a difficult book other than by it's length, but if you start to love a story, then you don't want it to end anyway. Obviously it has its darker moments, but I think as a kid you gloss over those parts. It opens your eyes that sometimes not everything will be alright, but life goes on and comes good again.

But I guess you know this :)

I've read it a couple of times since and it still stands up.

On 27.12.2016 at 22:43, Karljohn said:

Some huge losses in 2016. Fast forward 40 years...they will be mourning the loss of Honey G, the bloke dressed as a postman on Top of the Pops and the geordie bird off Gogglebox. #truelegends

You forgot the stars of the first season of Big Brother.

*shudders"

2 hours ago, Northants Fox 3 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2512996/mash-actor-william-christopher-died-new-years-eve/ 

Seems that 2016 got one more in before the new year 

This one actually hit me harder than most of the celebrity deaths this year. I love M*A*S*H and theres a few of the cast gone now

4 hours ago, Northants Fox 3 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2512996/mash-actor-william-christopher-died-new-years-eve/ 

Seems that 2016 got one more in before the new year 

You thought you'd got the last corpse of the year.....you were Wong, you were Wong!

They thought they could close the 2016 Deathlist thread.....they were Wong, they were Wong!

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Bambi artist Tyrus Wong dies aged 106

Bambi artist aged 106? Blimey, he was no spring fawn, was he?!

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

You thought you'd got the last corpse of the year.....you were Wong, you were Wong!

They thought they could close the 2016 Deathlist thread.....they were Wong, they were Wong!

I just checked the dates Tyrus Wong Died on Friday 30th Whereas William Christopher Died Yesterday Morning 31st ;)

Archived