Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

26 minutes ago, davieG said:

Probably mean  the oldest Leicester player, Not too difficult to achieve.

Jamie Vardy inspired Leicester to a nervy Europa League victory at AEK Athens with the 33-year-old becoming the Foxes' oldest European goalscorer after netting from the spot last night.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/vardy-hits-another-milestone-in-foxes-perfect-start-39684714.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Who did we beat in 1884?

Their Philosophers XI:

"Hegel is arguing that the reality is merely an a priori adjunct of non-naturalistic ethics, Kant via the categorical imperative is holding that ontologically it exists only in the imagination, and Marx is claiming it was offside."

• Haha 3

A recent statistical review of our start highlighted changes in Rodgers’ approach this season.

Changed fullback roles.  Castagne has done well replacing Ricardo’s creation.  But while Chilwell was often our main ball progressor, Justin’s attacking contribution has mostly been limited to runs into good positions.

1115138270_table1.JPG.9de0a55e4464a03c2d206b94f034eba4.JPG

Press dialed way back.  Passes allowed Per Defensive Action is the accepted best measure of team pressing intensity.  Last season our 9.6 PPDA was tops in the PL ahead of Hassenhuttl’s Southampton.  So far this season we are 13th, between Fulham and Sheffield United.  This is partly explained by our bus parkings v Man City (29.8 PPDA) and Arsenal (23.6), two of the most resolutely passive games you will ever see us play. The other games we’ve been between 9.5 and 12.5.  Surely Brendan is trying to save the available players’ legs.

1445356381_table2.JPG.aaedb6954b3f8a695175c47dc5ee1fda.JPG

Less possession and less directness.  The worst part.  We are not only recovering the ball less, but progressing it far less efficiently, than last year.   We have fewer (but longer) possessions.  Our average possession has more passes, but far fewer of them into the final third.

940245654_table3.JPG.555e8e79d74fe38bdfeb32ed6e83213c.JPG

These numbers illuminate what Rodgers is doing -- and prove he is adaptable.  Getting guys back will not only increase the quality of our XI, but allow him to go back to playing the game he wants (not necessarily against Man City or Liverpool).

https://theathletic.com/2161218/2020/10/26/leicester-city-rodgers-full-backs-pressing-possession-arsenal/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Basically, some people want a Steve Howard reincarnate, judging by the (to my mind) over-excitement about his headed goal against dirty Leeds.

Yes, I always thought it a bit strange how highly a lot of our fans rated big Steve. My opinion of him is he was a bit of lump.

I'm not denying that his goal against Leeds was crucial and was a quality header. He played very well in the Cardiff away play-off game. Also scored a hat-trick away at West Brom. Apart from these 3 matches I can only remember him being average at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Basically, some people want a Steve Howard reincarnate, judging by the (to my mind) over-excitement about his headed goal against dirty Leeds.

‘over-excitement’ ?

Were you there?  I damn near shat myself. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ARM1968 said:

‘over-excitement’ ?

Were you there?  I damn neat shat myself. 

Is it ok for me to disagree? No I wasn't there, but in the pantheon of great Leicester goals, it doesn't feature in my list. Memorable and significant, of course., and I have no doubt it was very exciting indeed to witness it, but the way it is spoken of now gives it greater significance than it deserves in my opinion. NOBODY is obliged to agree.

Ahh that’s good then. Likely no one will 😂

And of course it’s ok to disagree, but why ask now after such long and distinguished posting your disagreement at more or less every opportunity?

you are right though, it was a good goal, not a great goal. However, in the context of the game at that time it actually was a great goal. So being there was perhaps key. A bit like when Nalis spanked one in from what, 70yds out? 😄

Edited by ARM1968

10 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Ahh that’s good then. Likely no one will 😂

And of course it’s ok to disagree, but why ask now after such long and distinguished posting your disagreement at more or less every opportunity?

you are right though, it was a good goal, not a great goal. However, in the context of the game at that time it actually was a great goal. So being there was perhaps key. A bit like when Nalis spanked one in from what, 70yds out? 😄

I'm not quite sure if you're on the wind-up, or you have a personal issue with me (given what you posted the other day in response to another of my posts). Either way, I think it highly unlikely that I would get the rep points I do if I was an auto-contrarian. I admit to thinking critically, but I agree plenty too. What I don't do is conform in order to be accepted - that would be disingenuous. If I've upset you by accident along the way, I'm sorry for having done so. 

Don't get me wrong, the goal must've been great to witness. My point was more that those that crave a plan B might well be wanting the Steve Howard option, which, whilst a romantic notion, is perhaps better imagined than in reality. Fair?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not quite sure if you're on the wind-up, or you have a personal issue with me (given what you posted the other day in response to another of my posts). Either way, I think it highly unlikely that I would get the rep points I do if I was an auto-contrarian. I admit to thinking critically, but I agree plenty too. What I don't do is conform in order to be accepted - that would be disingenuous. If I've upset you by accident along the way, I'm sorry for having done so. 

Don't get me wrong, the goal must've been great to witness. My point was more that those that crave a plan B might well be wanting the Steve Howard option, which, whilst a romantic notion, is perhaps better imagined than in reality. Fair?

But... but... Steve Howard!!!!

Whilst I take your point on that goal, I think he's been one of our most valuable players in the past 10 season, given where we were at the time, who was under appreciated by many. A player like him would be great to play alongside Iheanacho.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

But... but... Steve Howard!!!!

Whilst I take your point on that goal, I think he's been one of our most valuable players in the past 10 season, given where we were at the time, who was under appreciated by many. A player like him would be great to play alongside Iheanacho.

Fair enough. I just think a player like him would get found out, unless he was Diego Costa class.