Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

18 hours ago, davieG said:

I love this thread, it's crazy how many records we've broken since our lowest ever finish.

Barring injury Vardy will finish this season in the top 20 highest premier league goal scorers, maybe even top 15, and in the top 100 of all time top flight goal scorers.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2020 at 10:52, Yes N'Didi said:

Not verified, but I believe we are currently on the longest consecutive run of not having played a competitive football match on a Saturday, having last played on Saturday 4th July 2020.

Assuming our game against Liverpool, currently scheduled for Saturday 21st November, does not move, it will have been 140 days. 

Our run of consecutive days without playing a competitive match on a Saturday now extends to at the very least 168 days, with the next possible date being Spurs on 19th December. Or in other words, 5 months and 15 days.

3 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Our run of consecutive days without playing a competitive match on a Saturday now extends to at the very least 168 days, with the next possible date being Spurs on 19th December. Or in other words, 5 months and 15 days.

In fact, since we played on 22nd February, we will have only played two competitive matches on a Saturday in what will be at the very least 301 days.

On 14/11/2020 at 10:19, Yes N'Didi said:

Wonder what the record is overall, or the record for the leasy amount of Saturdays (or Saturday 3pms) in a season?

9 hours ago, sylofox said:

Liverpool have equalled there home record.

What's the odds we finish that run again.

Was that back in 81, 82? We did the double over the best team in Europe whilst also getting relegated, in typical City fashion.

• Like 1

Not certain of this one and happy to be proved wrong, but I believe Youri Tielemans this week becomes the first Leicester City player to score against England.

And follows it up with being the first Leicester player to score against a Leicester goalkeeper in an international fixture - Frank Sinclair did it several times in the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 22/10/2020 at 23:37, TamworthFoxes said:

This is hardly an unbelievable stat, we have had what 14 games in this time? 
Bit like saying we have not beaten a team from Azerbaijan since 1884?

On 22/10/2020 at 22:07, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester had three English players - Harvey Barnes, Luke Thomas and Jamie Vardy - score in a single European game for the first time since September 1961.

:whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 19/11/2020 at 11:22, Aus Fox said:

Not certain of this one and happy to be proved wrong, but I believe Youri Tielemans this week becomes the first Leicester City player to score against England.

And follows it up with being the first Leicester player to score against a Leicester goalkeeper in an international fixture - Frank Sinclair did it several times in the league.

I was checking this out after Tielemans scored. Its not easy to find out, but I found a Welsh player called Ken Leek who played for Leicester between 1958 and 1961 and scored against England in 1960.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I was checking this out after Tielemans scored. Its not easy to find out, but I found a Welsh player called Ken Leek who played for Leicester between 1958 and 1961 and scored against England in 1960.

Strange stat, rather than crazy, but old timers will remember Ken Leek for one key reason. He scored in every round of the FA Cup in 1961, but was dropped by Matt Gillies, apparently because Leek liked a drink or two. If he had played and scored that would have been a brilliant crazy stat. Lost and didn’t score. Leek left soon after, went to Newcastle. 

• Like 2