Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

3 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

If we score 2 goals at Anfield next time out, will a team have ever scored 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 in their first 5 opening away games? lol

With their lack of centre-backs, it genuinely could be a possibility...

25 minutes ago, brucey said:

Today is the first time LCFC have won on a Monday in the PL.

Previously played 12 lost 9 drawn 3.

Apart from winning 4-0 vs Leeds in 2004 and the 4-0 win vs Villa back in March this year.

EDIT: 1-0 win vs Newcastle, also springs to mind

(I know you meant *away from home*)

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox
  • Haha 1

Not verified, but I believe we are currently on the longest consecutive run of not having played a competitive football match on a Saturday, having last played on Saturday 4th July 2020.

Assuming our game against Liverpool, currently scheduled for Saturday 21st November, does not move, it will have been 140 days. 

7 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Not verified, but I believe we are currently on the longest consecutive run of not having played a competitive football match on a Saturday, having last played on Saturday 4th July 2020.

Assuming our game against Liverpool, currently scheduled for Saturday 21st November, does not move, it will have been 140 days. 

There is a reasonable chance that our game at Liverpool might get switched to a so-called "super Sunday" slot.

Our games home to Fulham, away to Sheff Utd, and home to Brighton will almost certainly get switched to a Sunday or Monday (as they follow a Europa League match).

That only leaves Tottenham away (Sat 19th Dec) and Man Utd home (Boxing Day - Sat 26th Dec) to get switched ...  and we could have the bizarre situation of no matches on a Saturday for the first half of a season!

3 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

There is a reasonable chance that our game at Liverpool might get switched to a so-called "super Sunday" slot.

Our games home to Fulham, away to Sheff Utd, and home to Brighton will almost certainly get switched to a Sunday or Monday (as they follow a Europa League match).

That only leaves Tottenham away (Sat 19th Dec) and Man Utd home (Boxing Day - Sat 26th Dec) to get switched ...  and we could have the bizarre situation of no matches on a Saturday for the first half of a season!

Massive 

6 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We're currently on a pace to be awarded 38 penalties this PL season, thereby smashing Manchester United's record of 14 set last season.

That is a crazy statistic!

But for me I think that the handball today was the first one we've got that wasn't a penalty. All the others were legitimate IMO. We are playing a lot more on the break this season so we will get a lot of them, similar to 15/16.

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is a crazy statistic!

But for me I think that the handball today was the first one we've got that wasn't a penalty. All the others were legitimate IMO. We are playing a lot more on the break this season so we will get a lot of them, similar to 15/16.

It was a definite penalty. 

A few years ago maybe not, but this season it’s a stonewall penalty.

Also Vardy has just overtaken Heskey on the all time Prem goals list! :scarf: