Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The club as a whole is sitting in rarefied air in a couple of team ratings.  Whoscored like our numbers better than the leaders ?!?  >_<

395643592_whoscseasontodate.thumb.JPG.1719fde7229f946acd269ebd9dca128d.JPG

We also sit an all-time best 15th in the fivethirtyeight World Club Rankings.

1216269394_53810-26-19.thumb.JPG.705fd2c7524696cc26355e08c0906f22.JPG

Take these ratings or leave them, but our third place in the table is no fluke.

The first table Suggests we can challenge for the title imo. I know one shouldn’t read into stats only but it’s looking promising 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Am I right in thinking that Ben Chilwell's only two league goals have come in our biggest Premier League defeat and our biggest Premier League win?

Scored against Spurs, yeah. But is that our biggest PL defeat? Didn't we lose to United 1-6 at Filbert Street?

edit: No, it was 2-6. So yeah you're probably right. Depends though because we've lost 0-5 so that's the same difference.

Edited by Fox92

On 25 October 2019 at 22:27, String fellow said:

I remember City beating Southampton 5-1 away at The Dell in 1967, when Peter Shilton scored with a long punt.

14th October 1967,  I was gutted I couldn't go because it was my mums 40th birthday meal that night😡

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

At the quarter pole, here are LCFC players (and a few exes) in the top ten of PL statistics both official and unofficial.

GOALS

1st  Jamie Vardy       9

HEADED GOALS

1st  (T) Jamie Vardy       3

1st  (T) Chris Wood       3

GOALS FROM FREE KICK

2nd (T)  James Maddison       1

ASSISTS

2nd (T)  Harvey Barnes       4

5th (T)  Ben Chilwell       3

5th  (T) Riyad Mahrez    3

SHOTS

9th (T)  James Maddison       28

THROUGH BALLS

1st  Youri Tielemans       8

2nd (T)  James Maddison       7

CROSSES

4th (T)  James Maddison       40

PASSES

5th  Caglar Soyuncu       672

10th Harry Maguire    631

TOUCHES

3rd  Ricardo Pereira       986

7th  Ben Chilwell       857

9th  Caglar Soyuncu       818

TACKLES

1st  Ricardo Pereira       47

2nd   Wilfred Ndidi       45

INTERCEPTIONS

1st  Wilfred Ndidi       32

AERIAL DUELS WON

10th Harry Maguire    39

CLEAN SHEETS

3rd (T)  Kasper Schmeichel       3

WHOSCORED PLAYER RATING

4th  Ricardo Pereira       7.64

5th Wilfred Ndidi       7.63

8th  James Maddison    7.53

16th  Jamie Vardy       7.37

(Riyad Mahrez is 3rd)

That’s the whole 10 games, good and bad … and importantly, MOST OF OUR XI among the League leaders in one or more categories …. “wow, just wow” ...

All very nice, but what's our xG?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Am I right in thinking that Ben Chilwell's only two league goals have come in our biggest Premier League defeat and our biggest Premier League win?

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Scored against Spurs, yeah. But is that our biggest PL defeat? Didn't we lose to United 1-6 at Filbert Street?

edit: No, it was 2-6. So yeah you're probably right. Depends though because we've lost 0-5 so that's the same difference.

Didn't we lose 6-0 to Arsenal once? I seem to remember Tim Flowers winning man of the match lol

Jamie Vardy will finish the year as the sixth leading Premier League scorer of this decade. 

He started that decade at Stockbridge Park Steels and only scored one Premier League goal in the first half of it (Man Utd 5-3 game in 2014)

Edited by MattP

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

Jamie Vardy will finish the year as the sixth leading Premier League scorer of this decade. 

He started that decade at Stockbridge Park Steels and only scored one Premier League goal in the first half of it (Man Utd 5-3 game in 2014)

That's fvcking impressive. 

The other 5 being Aguero, Van Persie, Kane, Lukaku, Hazard? 

Edited by StanSP

Its impressive but but the caveat is not many players stay in the PL for a full decade. If guys like Suarez, CR7, Diego Costa etc stayed in this league they would be above Vardy. 

That said, it's still impressive. He will soon join the 100 PL goals club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Its impressive but but the caveat is not many players stay in the PL for a full decade. If guys like Suarez, CR7, Diego Costa etc stayed in this league they would be above Vardy. 

That said, it's still impressive. He will soon join the 100 PL goals club.

Only 11 goals to go.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Only 11 goals to go.

Imagine if we were told back in December 2014 during our winless run that Vardy would end up scoring 100 PL goals in 6 seasons. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Imagine if we were told back in December 2014 during our winless run that Vardy would end up scoring 100 PL goals in 6 seasons. 

He only score something like 5 in his first season, so he's not far off done it in 5. 

Or as Matt pointed out earlier he scored one in the first half of 2014/15, so one he gets to 101, that's 100 in 5.5 seasons.