Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

6 of our games have been shown live this season. Weve won 5, drew 1.

Chelsea 1-1

Spurs 2-1

Newcastle 5-0

Southampton 9-0

Palace 2-0

Arsenal 2-0

Scored 21

Conceded 2

Taken 16 points from 18 possible

Edited by danhaw
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, danhaw said:

Chelsea 1-1

Spurs 2-1

Newcastle 5-0

Southampton 9-0

Palace 2-0

Arsenal 2-0

Scored 21

Conceded 2

There used to be a time we'd pretty much lose every time we were on TV. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

tbf we spent 18 months under puel going 1-0 down in literally every home game so yano 

True, but it's still good to be able to go 4 years in a row without losing a single home league game once we have taken the lead. Even under Puel. Despite probably not going ahead that often under him, at least the record could stay intact. :)

2 hours ago, danhaw said:

Chelsea 1-1

Spurs 2-1

Newcastle 5-0

Southampton 9-0

Palace 2-0

Arsenal 2-0

Scored 21

Conceded 2

Thought about this earlier. Used to have a very bad record on TV games going in to this season.

Bring on Everton, Watford, Villa, Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle...

5 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

There was a video posted on here last night where Ian Wright says he thinks Evans must be in heaven playing in this team. He said he's got a great keeper behind him, Ricardo alongside him - pace, Soyuncu next to him - pace, Chilwell on the other side - pace, and if that wasn't enough, Ndidi mopping up danger in front of them.

You're right - I expect he probably is enjoying helping Soyuncu out and passing on his wisdom to a clearly stellar talent.

Evans and Soyuncu is a great partnership. Possibly close to perfect. Great balance of youth and experience, and they also each have what the other might lack. One wise old head, and one rapid, flair player. Our central defence is a brick wall that Cruyff turns its way out of trouble.

Yeah, really happy with the defense this year. Last year, with Maguire, there was always that feeling we will concede due to Maguire being out of position or being too slow. As you may recall, even last year, when Maguire was out for a few games, our defense was much more solid. We stuck with him so someone will pay £80m for him and also for fear that we lose his mazy runs or forward passing. With Rodgers, that is not necessary as the team in front of Evans and Soy are playing so much better. And of course Soy is more than capable. He is awesome.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 08:00, lcfcell said:

We haven’t lost at home after going 1-0 up since 2015 (Arsenal 2-5) please correct me if I’m wrong though 

I have just checked this.  It is correct. Since Arsenal at home of 26th September 2015, we have not lost a game at home in the PL if we have taken the lead. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Crazy and a statistic: 

We are having the best start to a top flight season ever and we have only played 1 of the current bottom 6, of the 8 games left in the first half of the season we play the teams in 4th, 11th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 20th.

We have had the toughest first 12 games of anyone in the league, including away trips to first, third, 5th and 7th. 

We have a great chance of getting 1st place imo. If we can beat the lesser sides.

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We have a great chance of getting 1st place imo. If we can beat the lesser sides.

Love the optimism, but I just don't see Liverpool dropping enough points and we will drop points where we shouldn't. We're good but we will still have a battle on to finish top 4

30 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think it's still possible however unlikely. Liverpool have about a game every 3 days through December so could drop some points and we could realistically win the next 5. We can atleast get them nervous! Not getting a point at Anfield could be crucial later in the season. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

There was a video posted on here last night where Ian Wright says he thinks Evans must be in heaven playing in this team. He said he's got a great keeper behind him, Ricardo alongside him - pace, Soyuncu next to him - pace, Chilwell on the other side - pace, and if that wasn't enough, Ndidi mopping up danger in front of them.

You're right - I expect he probably is enjoying helping Soyuncu out and passing on his wisdom to a clearly stellar talent.

Evans and Soyuncu is a great partnership. Possibly close to perfect. Great balance of youth and experience, and they also each have what the other might lack. One wise old head, and one rapid, flair player. Our central defence is a brick wall that Cruyff turns its way out of trouble.

Thought this said “to a treble” at first glance. 

Got ahead of myself. Ignore me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Crazy and a statistic: 

We are having the best start to a top flight season ever and we have only played 1 of the current bottom 6, of the 8 games left in the first half of the season we play the teams in 4th, 11th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 20th.

We have had the toughest first 12 games of anyone in the league, including away trips to first, third, 5th and 7th. 

I think this truly sums up how good of a start we have had and just how well we are playing. I remember last time when we were top people claiming we hadn’t played anyone good yet lol that excuse is out the window this time 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1