Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

6 hours ago, brucey said:

Yes.

Both top tacklers.

Both incredibly humble, nice guys.

One was never keen to join us in the first place, and fcked off at the first opportunity, calling us “FC Leicester”. The other openly denied rumours about leaving us for Man U, and signed an extended contract, the longest one we’ve ever given out, and loves it so much here that he’s started a course at the local uni.

I know which one I prefer :blush:

Well said

7 hours ago, brucey said:

Yes.

Both top tacklers.

One was never keen to join us in the first place, and fcked off at the first opportunity, calling us “FC Leicester”. The other openly denied rumours about leaving us for Man U, and signed an extended contract, the longest one we’ve ever given out, and loves it so much here that he’s started a course at the local uni.

1 hour ago, Out Foxed said:

Well said

that’s not a football judgement ...... if it weren’t for the charisma of conte, NG would likely have stayed another season ..

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, brucey said:

Yes.

Both top tacklers.

FC Leicester was funny though. 

Kante is better and he has reached a much higher peak than Ndidi. Kante is better in most aspects of the game than Ndidi. Influential for Chelsea. Influential fir France. Only thing Wilf has over him is age and height.

You will change your tune when Man Utd  or Chelsea comes in for Ndidi and he fecks off like Kante did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kante is better and he has reached a much higher peak than Ndidi. Kante is better in most aspects of the game than Ndidi. Influential for Chelsea. Influential fir France. Only thing Wilf has over him is age and height.

You will change your tune when Man Utd  or Chelsea comes in for Ndidi and he fecks off like Kante did.

Wilf is as influential for us now as Kante is for those other teams. France is better than Nigeria so isn't directly comparable. Chelsea haven't exactly been struggling the past month with Kante out injured, anyway. If anything they've done better. 

Wilf's the least likely of our talented kids to leave, and he'll be here for years to come. Either way he's already been here way longer than Kante did.

12 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I realised on Saturday after Soyuncu's goal, that all but 1(Evans) of the starting outfield team have scored a premier league goal this season. After just 11 games and we have a 10 goal striker!!  

That's unbelievable really, if Evans had just sorted his footing out against Southampton we would have had all of the outfield. Thats the sign of a proper team, everyone is chipping in.

Evans came very close from the corner that led directly to the corner that Cags scored from, as well.

Reading through the last few pages has slightly brought home how good this team is. To be honest, I still don't think the title win has really sunk in for me. I know it happened, but I still don't really feel like I believe it was real. I used to play a lot of FM, and I'd get used to my FM team being miles better than the real-life Leicester. I keep thinking I'm confusing the two. This team is so good that I feel like I'm slightly losing my grip on reality. Absolutely worth it, though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kanté is better. Wilf has the potential to be as good, though. It just depends if he can generate as big an engine as Kanté has. Plenty of time. 

I'm not certain i found FC Leicester that funny. Kanté has built a reputation of this lovable, humble bloke. How come we just happen to be the only thing he dumps on. Not precisely humble the way he left us. 

As @Nod.E says you have to remember their roles are different. People forget that Kante wasn't a defensive midfielder for us. He was a box to box player in a middle 2, as part of a flat 4 midfield. 

Whereas Ndidi plays very much as a holding midfielder protecting the back four and playing sweeper to cover the fullbacks when they've gone forward

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

Very impressive. Out of those 36 shots we have faced 8 was by Liverpool and 5 by Chelsea. Both away games as well.

There was something fascinating about the attitudes of some Scousers after Mane's dive - apparently because they'd had so many shots on target that meant they'd deserved to win the game and therefore the dive was immaterial. Surely if they were so wasteful with possession and chances, or if we were so good defensively, that means they weren't really good enough to win the game? The fact that they had to rely on the most absurdest decisions spoke volumes.

Edited by urban.spaceman

Current “power” rankings which essentially indicate player form. Just look at how many Foxes there are!

D270FB1D-96B7-45E1-89B6-6A1CAECADE19.thumb.png.de8ab92d56dc13c51d74529427cec6c5.png

This is absolutely absurd... I’ve never seen a team have so many players in the top 10 which shows not only that we are a good team but that it’s a real team effort. 

The only bad news is that Pulisic is number one and I famously called him “the American Albrighton” earlier in the season. Whoops! :nigel:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Current “power” rankings which essentially indicate player form. Just look at how many Foxes there are!

D270FB1D-96B7-45E1-89B6-6A1CAECADE19.thumb.png.de8ab92d56dc13c51d74529427cec6c5.png

This is absolutely absurd... I’ve never seen a team have so many players in the top 10 which shows not only that we are a good team but that it’s a real team effort. 

The only bad news is that Pulisic is number one and I famously called him “the American Albrighton” earlier in the season. Whoops! :nigel:

Chilwell our second best player at the moment? 

I'm not knocking him, he's doing fine, but second best, with Soyuncu, Pereira, Tielemans and Ndidi doing so well?

Plus no Evans.

Whilst nice to see, not sure they're anywhere near accurate.

15 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Chilwell our second best player at the moment? 

I'm not knocking him, he's doing fine, but second best, with Soyuncu, Pereira, Tielemans and Ndidi doing so well?

Plus no Evans.

Whilst nice to see, not sure they're anywhere near accurate.

It will be weighted towards recent performances and Chilwell v Southampton was quite the game.

• Like 1