Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round...thoughts etc

Extremely excited to see Demarai play, providing he does play of course.

I don't think he's going to be instantly awesome. His goal and assist records arnt particually eye catching. Although I agree that its exciring to see a debut.

Spurs won't be playing reserves as much as we will, they didn't even play reserves in the Europa league after they had qualified.

They are rightly odds on favourites.

The way I look at it is it's a win win for us.  If they play all reserves then that gives us a better chance today.  If they don't play all reserves then that means they will be more tired and give us a better chance on Wednesday.

After all these months I genuinly think Krama could surprise in this one. The amount of pressure on him is at the lowest point since he joined the club, he's about to leave anyways and practically has nothing to lose, and he could be on those players that thrives on being an underdog.

After all these months I genuinly think Krama could surprise in this one. The amount of pressure on him is at the lowest point since he joined the club, he's about to leave anyways and practically has nothing to lose, and he could be on those players that thrives on being an underdog.

Or maybe he doesn't give a toss because he knows he's probably going to be sold in this window?

Hope I'm wrong and your right. Be great to see him start today but no doubt he won't.

I had hoped the 2nd string would have done even better in the League Cup and players who played really were now making team selection difficult, but given our position in the table and a CL spot on the line, I'm drawn between a good cup run, in order for players to push the 1st team, or capitulation so we can avoid injury and focus on a major European adventure.

Fuchs is the only one I can think of who played in the League Cup who is now 1st pick.

I hope that those who are given their chances today bring their A game, as that this stage more than other we need a bit of rotation and fresh legs on the pitch.

Kante and Simpson also had their first starts of the season in the league cup.  I would say Fuchs, Kante and Simpson all used it to force their way into the first team line up.  Kramaric could have easily done the same but didn't really perform to the required level. Hopefully if he plays today he takes this chance.

Kante and Simpson also had their first starts of the season in the league cup.  I would say Fuchs, Kante and Simpson all used it to force their way into the first team line up.  Kramaric could have easily done the same but didn't really perform to the required level. Hopefully if he plays today he takes this chance.

I was sure both of them had played at least a game before the League Cup, but you're right Simpson hadn't started up until the West Ham cup match. Kante had some sub appearances, but didn't play his first start until we played and got beat by Arsenal.

Can't say I have

i'd say we've definitely missed him, schluppy gets to the byline and on his day can cause problems. He's a good option to have on the bench and considering how much albrighton puts himself about the pitch, we need all the cover we can get for him

Comfortable win for Spurs I think. Can't see the lads being up for this at all for some reason, we seem to be getting more lethargic each game.

It will be our reserves plus Kante and Simpson, and maybe Mahrez? And one of Ulloa and Okazaki. Doubt they will be lethargic.

They will be up for it. They will want to impress to get a start in the league or win anyway to get another game to play in.

Archived