Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round...thoughts etc

Schmeichel

De Laet

Wasilewski

Benalouane

Chilwell

Inler

King

Dyer

Okazaki

Gray

Kramaric

Subs: Hamer, Huth, Fuchs, Kante, Dodoo, Ulloa, Development striker

This. But swap Kram and Okazaki

Edit- Someone said the exact same just above ;)

I think De Laet, our Big Pole, Inler and Kramaric all come into the starting 11. Possibly Chilwell too. Grey and James to both get a run out from the bench.

Simpson, Wes, Drinky and Vardy all to be out/ given a rest.

Think we might sneak it 1-0 with the new boy getting a late winner.

I don't care who Claudio picks for the outfield positions as long as Schwarzer isn't in goal, if he really feels the need to rest Kasper, he should pick one of the youngsters to get some first team experience. Whichever one is sitting in the stands eating a hot dog will do fine, it didn't do Hoult any harm.

Bit annoying how the match is live on BBC and we will be playing our reserves. A lot of people watching won't have seen any of our matches this season, and will want to see what the fuss is all about!

If people were that bothered about seeing our first 11 they would watch MOTD or go on Youtube.

If anything I would say more people who take an interest in football would want to see if Leicester and Spurs have the squad depth to keep up in the league. This game is the best way to showcase it and answer the question for both clubs.

Does anyone know if our game is going to be televised on Sunday? I've only seen Exeter vs. Liverpool and Arsenal vs. Sunderland popping up in the schedules so far.

EDIT: Just seen the BBC being mentioned. Has this been confirmed?

EDIT EDIT: Yes. :D http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup-tv-fixtures-tottenhams-clash-with-leicestester-to-be-shown-live-on-bbc-one-a3135441.html

I bet Spurs will play a side with some regulars in. Despite what spurs fans say about their fitness levels being the best in the history of football, we should test that by playing awful possession football and cropping themat every chance.

Then we can play them in the league and maybe do alright.

2-1 on Sunday tho.

Ulloa's Emirates FA Cup Target

Posted: Thu 07 Jan 2016 

Author: Leicester City

With five goals in his previous five Emirates FA Cup starts, Leonardo Ulloa has his sights firmly fixed on adding to that tally when the Foxes take on Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.
- Leicester City striker Leonardo Ulloa is keen to continue his record of scoring in every Emirates FA Cup start 
- The striker has five goals in five starts in the competition for Leicester City and former team Brighton 
- The Foxes take on Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup Third Round at White Hart Lane 
- Ulloa scored as City beat Spurs 2-1 at White Hart Lane in the fourth round last season 

With five goals in his previous five Emirates FA Cup starts, Leonardo Ulloa has his sights firmly fixed on adding to that tally when the Foxes take on Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday. 

The third round clash at White Hart Lane is a repeat of last season’s fourth round tie, which City won 2-1 thanks to goals from Ulloa and Jeffrey Schlupp, and the striker feels it will be a good test for the side. 

Ulloa’s FA Cup record for the Foxes and former side Brighton has seen him find the net in all five of his FA Cup starts – against Arsenal, Hull (twice), Newcastle and Tottenham Hotspur – and it’s a record he’s keen to extend if selected on Sunday. 

“First of all I will work hard to play and if I do play I want to continue the same [record],” Ulloa told LCFC.com. “We just have to focus on the game and to continue to make some goals. 

“The most important thing is getting into the next round and for that we need to win the game. It’s difficult because Tottenham is a good team in a good moment, but we need to try to get to the next round.” 

Even though the Argentine didn’t grow up watching the FA Cup, his experiences in the competition so far have shown him just how special it is for everyone concerned. 

He added: “It’s different but it’s important for the Club, the people and the players. It’s a nice competition and I enjoy watching this competition in particular. It’s the FA Cup and we need to think about Tottenham, who are a really good test for us.”

On last season’s victory at White Hart Lane he recalled: “That was an amazing moment because it was a very hard game. After getting to 1-1 in the last minute, Jeff [schlupp] made the goal. It was so exciting for the team. Now we’re working so much for this game.” But in their way stand a Tottenham side who are in a fine run of form and in Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld, boast one of the best central defensive partnerships in the league. 

“They have very good defenders,” said Ulloa. “We need to try to break the line, play quickly and behind the defenders. That’s important and we have to be in the box when we have a crossing chance too. Hopefully we can do that and stay focused on defending well, then hopefully we can get some goals.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/ulloas-emirates-fa-cup-target-2888411.aspx#HHy0wD74KElrRFIW.99

Would definitely give Kram full 90 mins but also be tempted to give Ulloa and Okazaki some game time to try score some goals and get some confidence brewing.

Other than that, as others have suggested, go with a full line up of reserves with Gray included to see what he can do.

Probably best chance we have of winning the FA cup in decades but getting top 4 finish is within our reach and not sure we can risk that with a punt at the cup this year.

Some pointed out that Kram is not playing because he is the primary striker like Vardy. So, I am just waiting to see if that is the case or if Ranieri just thinks Kram is complete garbage. Which would be really dissapointing, wouldn't it

He thinks he's garbage.

Archived