Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Terrible Comedians

I don't understand how you could outright no standup comedy is funny. That's like saying all live music is rubbish.

Besides Phoenix Nights and Max & Paddy, Peter Kay is atrocious. Reminding people about chicken kievs and betamax cassettes is not humour

James Corden has never once made me laugh, completely useless and I have no idea how he has even 1 fan. Andy Parsons is a massive ****, hate him. Jack Whitehall, Russell Kane, Michael Macintyre, Sue Perkins, Milton Jones, Patrick Kielty, Miranda Hart can all get in the bin

Tim Vine - I swear he just spends a month opening thousands of Christmas crackers and stockpiles the "jokes" for his standup. 

dont get me wrong, there are some funny female comedians, there really are. but most of the ones on british TV are just **** awful. its not cuz they don't appeal to my tastes, its that they just are not funny. that american/canadian woman that is getting everywhere. she isn't funny at all, she just shouts and says dumb shit.

genetically men are designed to be more funny to impress a mate (thats true)

women comedians, i support 100% but there are less decent females than males

anyway ones i cannot stand

macintyre

chubby brown

peter kay (hey, remember the 80s?!)

alan carr

Stand ups were better when they weren't  so over exposed on TV. When they did live tours they had a chance to hone their material now they have to churn out so much stuff the quality has plummeted.

Oh and just saying **** every few words doesn't  make a crap 'joke' funny.

I see that **** now auto correct to Fuchs on my tablet.  :D

This won't be popular but I seriously don't rate Lee Evans.

He gets mixed opinions and I can see why some people don't rate him. Personally I think he's brilliant and his Monsters tour directly before he retired was one of the best things I've ever seen live.

I don't know about worst but his "impressions" are awful, he has two - really high pitched weasel, or low pitched and spitting into the mic for effect. Nothing in between. He also sweats an unhealthy amount for someone so slim

He's uncomfortable to look at, aswell as not really being funny. I remember watching him for the first time when I was younger and he was sweating buckets and looked like he'd sniffed 2 bags of bugle.

dont get me wrong, there are some funny female comedians, there really are. but most of the ones on british TV are just **** awful. its not cuz they don't appeal to my tastes, its that they just are not funny. that american/canadian woman that is getting everywhere. she isn't funny at all, she just shouts and says dumb shit.

genetically men are designed to be more funny to impress a mate (thats true)

women comedians, i support 100% but there are less decent females than males

anyway ones i cannot stand

macintyre

chubby brown

peter kay (hey, remember the 80s?!)

alan carr

Chubby Brown a great shout hes terrible. 

Didnt even know Alan Carr was a comedian. Irritant.

Any comedian who does a joke followed by a load "ERRRR" in anticipation of a roar of laughter from the audience to signal they are continuing a joke or to pretend that the "joke" they have just made might be controversial and they want to move on from that subject. I really hate this habit - Graham Norton and Jo Brand do it all the time, among other shit comedians

There's a lot of plain unfunny comedians but Jimmy Carr is my least favourite at the moment. Can't stand the way he stares into the camera with that smug punchable face after he has told a shit joke whose only claim to potential humour is its mildly inappropriate nature.

Have to say I do like McIntrye and Kay, but their stand-up only (though some of the sitcoms Kay has written are good).

I think like Davie said above Kay is good because you don't seem him everywhere. He tours every few years, builds up to it with 'fresh' material (though can see how it can become samey) rather than appearing on every panel show, stand-up show going. So if you do enjoy his material it's not plastered everywhere all of the time. Equally I don't like McIntyre in all the TV he's on. Enjoy his energetic stand-up but not the TV stuff he does.

John Bishop; first stand-up was amazing but stopped through his most recent one. Just wasn't finding it funny. His jokes were taking so long to crescendo. I don't want Tim Vine but come on, speed it up.  Comedians these days hit with their tour then massively jump the shark by their next one. Either they've used up their material on TV or are trying too hard with the next stand-up DVD. Nina Conti did a great skit with puppets once. I loved it, but where do you go from there? Her comedy aside from that is pretty poor.

Whitehall is everywhere and that doesn't help him at all (not that I ever found him funny anyway!) Chubby Brown's audience will be dying off soon and he's irrelevant these days.

Any comedian who does a joke followed by a load "ERRRR" in anticipation of a roar of laughter from the audience to signal they are continuing a joke or to pretend that the "joke" they have just made might be controversial and they want to move on from that subject. I really hate this habit - Graham Norton and Jo Brand do it all the time, among other shit comedians

Reminds me of Stewart Lee and rich herring's rules of comedy. 'And then I got off the bus errr... '

I'm with you on that. Used to think he was alright when I was younger, but the last couple of times I saw him, I couldn't work out why I ever thought he was funny. I really don't like the songs he ends his sets with. Doesn't seem like they're even meant to be funny. Comes off a bit sentimental.

To me he just tries far too hard. Needs to be a bit of a casual element about it for me to really make me laugh.

This.

Stand up comedy just isnt funny.

This is probably true. Do make me genuinely laugh there needs to be an element of surprise about it in my opinion. Where's the surprise in a show dedicated entirely to making you laugh?

It's not to say I won't laugh at a comedian but I find my own uncle going off on one about something ten times as funny as anything I've heard at a stand up. Just the way it is.

Archived