Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Terrible Comedians

It's disturbing how people detest comedians like Lee Evans, Jo Brand, Frankie Boyle, Alan Carr and then say they like Karl Pilkington. The blokes a complete moron.

Karl Pilkington is not a comedian, though. He's just a normal, simple Mancunian bloke who's been thrown in the limelight. That's the joke. He's someone who never should have been on the telly or radio.

Oh yeah, Ricky Gervais. He was funny up to a point, but his sanctimonious and condescending personality got in the way.

I'd mark Karl Pilkington as funnier, and probably smarter, than Gervais.

John Cleese has done a stand up show about his life a few years ago BTW @@Fox92

He did one in the last couple of years called The Alimony Tour or something like that. Saw the dvd and was actually embarrassed for him because it was so bad.

I don't understand how Miranada Hart got so popular and was touted as a role model for female comedians. There's loads of women who were much funnier than her, even within her genre.

He did one in the last couple of years called The Alimony Tour or something like that. Saw the dvd and was actually embarrassed for him because it was so bad.

Really? Do you generally like John Cleese? Coz I thought it was pretty well on form. Maybe not a classic but definitely a solid 8/10

It's disturbing how people detest comedians like Lee Evans, Jo Brand, Frankie Boyle, Alan Carr and then say they like Karl Pilkington. The blokes a complete moron.

Last I checked Karl Pilkington isn't a comedian.

The thing I find most annoying, or at least perplexing, about a lot of stand up is when you see these sets on a DVD or on Dave or whatever, and they cut to the audience and they are laughing so much they look like they might have some sort of turn.  Proper out of control, tears in their eyes, almost rolling on the floor stuff.  The way that nobody actually laughs at anything in real life, ever, except perhaps when someone falls over and you want to make them feel worse than they already do.

Now I'm not suggesting that folk shouldn't laugh when they go and see the funny person, of course I'm not.  Just that they shouldn't pretend to

Really? Do you generally like John Cleese? Coz I thought it was pretty well on form. Maybe not a classic but definitely a solid 8/10

Yep I liked it too. It wasn't anything amazing but a good laugh nonetheless. 

I also read his autobiography in the summer and he decided to basically finish it in 1968 for some reason which was a bit shit.

John Cleese has done a stand up show about his life a few years ago BTW @@Fox92

Ah yeah, I remember although I never saw any of it. Man is a genius though. Monty Python and Fawlty Towers are both genius and lead the way in terms of comedy/sitcoms.

I don't like political comedians,

I remember somebody putting a video on here a few years back of some American comedian, an old boy with long hair and a beard whose name escapes me. He was going on about the 10 commandments. I said I didn't think it was funny so the OP said well it's more philosophy than comedy so I replied that he was talking bollox and he replied with he's only joking.

I don't need anyone to tell me what to think, I don't care what you think of the world situation, just make me laugh.

Oh yeah, Ricky Gervais. He was funny up to a point, but his sanctimonious and condescending personality got in the way.

I'd mark Karl Pilkington as funnier, and probably smarter, than Gervais.

Ricky Gervais is a strange one. I still like him, but I feel like he lets himself down a lot. I was a huge fan when he became famous. I liked his chat show and his bits on the 11 o' Clock Show a lot, and then when the Office came out, I thought he was a genius. The lame films he's done and Derek badly dented my opinion of him, but the Office was that good that he could do almost any old shite and still get away with it in my eyes. It's just a shame that all of his work couldn't be as good.

I have to agree with this. He's awful now. For someone that was part of a group that changed comedy and popular culture forever, his humour is incredibly old-fashioned and stagnant. He comes across as quite a bitter old man.

I don't like political comedians,

I remember somebody putting a video on here a few years back of some American comedian, an old boy with long hair and a beard whose name escapes me. He was going on about the 10 commandments. I said I didn't think it was funny so the OP said well it's more philosophy than comedy so I replied that he was talking bollox and he replied with he's only joking.

I don't need anyone to tell me what to think, I don't care what you think of the world situation, just make me laugh.

George Carlin maybe? I think he's pretty good, but maybe a bit overrated.

Maybe this thread just shows us how poor Foxestalks sense of humour is. 

It's all subjective, isn't it? Poor according to who? I personally think Family Guy is a giant steaming pile of hot, festering hospice waste, but I know most people strongly disagree.

Archived