Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Terrible Comedians

Is Lee Nelson BBC threes chav for hire? Absolutely dreadful. Between him and Russell Howard,three was a graveyard for comedy.

Lee Nelson isn't the comedian, Simon Brodkin is. Lee Nelson is just a character.

Neither Lee Nelson or Brodkin are funny though.

I don't find stand up comedy funny. Couldn't ever see myself going to see it live.

There's people in TV comedy that are much funnier. I'm a massive John Cleese fan and I can't think of many people in British history - stand up or not - that are funnier than him.

Can't agree with that, it really does depend who you go to see. I saw Lee Evans back in the day and was in stitches. As were everybody else. And I find Peter Kay hilarious.

Some of the more recent comics like is it Milton Jones?....utter rubbish.

Have you ever been to see anything recorded for TV? They do all of these audience shots where you are asked to laugh like it is the funniest thing ever, then laugh like it is mildly amusing, then clap and whoop and holler like your favourite person ever has just come on stage.

I haven't so this hadn't occurred to me. Imagine having to feign mirth when John Bishop has just told an anecdote about how he went to the shops and things were slightly more expensive than he was expecting or whatever

I haven't so this hadn't occurred to me. Imagine having to feign mirth when John Bishop has just told an anecdote about how he went to the shops and things were slightly more expensive than he was expecting or whatever

I don't find Bishop funny at all..but again, if you get to see a real top notch stand up comic who 'has the audience' it's an impressive thing to see. People laughing set other people off and it's like a wave. The best for this, I've seen, was Peter Kay who, I won't lie, had just about the whole audience pissin themselves.

Before my time of course but they say fellas like Larry Grayson amongst others could do the same thing. It's about timing primarily..and 'everyday' things that make you think 'I've done that'. I think being funny is a gift.

There's a lot in what davie g said. These comedians get so much exposure that they run out of material quickly. I saw John bishops and Lee Macks first video and they were hilarious so you buy their next vid and they were crap.

I seen Michael mcintyre live when he filmed his hello Wembley tour and he was decent. A few days later he was on Jonathan Ross and every answer he gave was one of his jokes from his show which put me off him. My Mrs recently made me watch his new dvd, there's an awful lot of his old jokes just rehashed. Won't watch the next one.

• 2 months later...

Stewart Lee is the man.

Didn't even know this was on again!! So good.

Yeah, just came across it on the 'now and next' bit on my TV guide while scanning during Crimewatch last night. Pretty lucky, not seen it advertised anywhere.

Just been catching up on the latest series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle. Excellent as per.

Yeah watched him live at Leicester Sq, the last two episodes were of the same content as ones I had seen live.

His stage persona and his personality are becoming more and more intertwined than ever.

Archived