Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Terrible Comedians

Who's the worst one out there?

I ask because I've been listening to RIchard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast, and I've just got to the Phill Jupitus episode. How does this unfunny sack of shite get work as a comedian? Anyone who thinks that the mere mention of a sex act will have people rolling about the floor laughing is a total moron in my opinion. I'd expect a lot better off someone being paid good money to make people laugh. I honestly don't think he's ever made me laugh once. I never liked him on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, but whenever I've seen him on QI, I've found it painful to watch. He brings the tone down whenever he opens his mouth, and Stephen Fry, the other guests and the audience try their hardest to force out a sympathy laugh. A truly awful comedian.

The next episode is Jack Whitehall, so I'm not looking forward to that one, either. He's clearly had the fortune of having his wealthy parents buy him a career in comedy. I know he has a team of writers to do his stand up material.

Other standups I can't stand include Russell Kane, Jo Brand, Michael McIntyre, Shappi Khorsandi, Andy Parsons, Jenny Eclair and Lenny Henry.

I'm sure there's plenty I'm forgetting. Who are they?

This won't be popular but I seriously don't rate Lee Evans.

I'm with you on that. Used to think he was alright when I was younger, but the last couple of times I saw him, I couldn't work out why I ever thought he was funny. I really don't like the songs he ends his sets with. Doesn't seem like they're even meant to be funny. Comes off a bit sentimental.

Never really been a fan of Russell Brand also that Frankie Boyle.

I can definitely see why people would hate those two.

I don't really mind Russell Brand. I don't think he's that funny, but I think he's pretty intelligent and entertaining enough in interviews. It seems like most people love him or hate him.

I actually like Frankie Boyle. I get that he's just trying to shock his audience by saying the most outrageous things, but I think he does it well, and I'm not offended by much.

Jo Brand. Sue Perkins (is she supposed to be a comedian? I can't tell). 50/50 on Jupitus. Frankie Boyle can be funny...but it's completely overshadowed by his juvenile demeanor. Same with Jimmy Carr.

Sarah Millican is mostly unbearable, but she has had a few good lines.

Cant stand Jack Whitehall.

Went to see Milton Jones a few years ago in the city comedy festival and he was absolutely shite, the room was in silence for 2/3s of the time and he resulted to blurting out completely random words for the sake of it half way through, sod all interaction with the crowd and just plain unfunny.

Tim Vine comes across as a failed Geography teacher, infact my Geog teacher was funnier than him and he was a bloddy Forest fan. I saw an episode of 'Whittle' last year that showcases him in his prime - possibly the worst gameshow ever conceived.

I don't think there is a single female comedian I find funny.

Saw John Richardson and Russell Howard live and both were rubbish. Surprised as I do laugh at them on tv.

Same with Frankie Boyle. Hilarious on Mock the Week back in the day but live he was awful.

I don't find stand up comedy funny. Couldn't ever see myself going to see it live.

There's people in TV comedy that are much funnier. I'm a massive John Cleese fan and I can't think of many people in British history - stand up or not - that are funnier than him.

Theres some good shouts on here for more recent comics that don't deserve a living. 

Don't agree with Lee Evans - saw him live in a small comedy club and he was brilliant - i think sometimes the biggest problem with the big acts these days is the size of the arena they are in.

Controversial one - but a comedian i have never ever found funny is Billy Connelly! 

I don't find stand up comedy funny. Couldn't ever see myself going to see it live.

There's people in TV comedy that are much funnier. I'm a massive John Cleese fan and I can't think of many people in British history - stand up or not - that are funnier than him.

This.

Stand up comedy just isnt funny.

Russell Howard is embarrassingly bad.

on Good News he is shite. The walking, talking definition of "trying too hard". His first DVD is pretty good though.

Gina Yashere is embarrassingly unfunny. Pre-2000 Eddie Izzard was brilliant. Stewart Lee and Dara O'Briain are probably tied for the most underrated stand up.

Theres some good shouts on here for more recent comics that don't deserve a living. 

Don't agree with Lee Evans - saw him live in a small comedy club and he was brilliant - i think sometimes the biggest problem with the big acts these days is the size of the arena they are in.

Controversial one - but a comedian i have never ever found funny is Billy Connelly

Agreed. Never found him funny.

I went to a comedy club last year for the first time and out of the 4 acts I saw 2 of them were brilliant and the other 2 were good but not as good as the other 2. So stand up comedy is not all bad.

Jimmy Carrs a twat too, shoehorns sex jokes into everything and is edgy just for the sake of it.

Although in Distraction he was perfect

Need to bring Distraction back. Brilliant. Jimmy Carr is my favourite comedian. Seen him live 5 times and always makes me laugh. I also like how he does a meet and greet after every show he does. I'm not aware of any other comedian who does that.

Archived