Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Terrible Comedians

Virtually every single modern new age comedian.

Agree on Lee Evans as well, I'd pay not to see him.

Special mentions for Jo Brand, Eddie Izzard, Lenny Henry and James Cordon, all totally shit in magnificently different ways.

Eddie Izzard magificantly shit? Behave.

The thing I find most annoying, or at least perplexing, about a lot of stand up is when you see these sets on a DVD or on Dave or whatever, and they cut to the audience and they are laughing so much they look like they might have some sort of turn.  Proper out of control, tears in their eyes, almost rolling on the floor stuff.  The way that nobody actually laughs at anything in real life, ever, except perhaps when someone falls over and you want to make them feel worse than they already do.

Now I'm not suggesting that folk shouldn't laugh when they go and see the funny person, of course I'm not.  Just that they shouldn't pretend to

Have  you  ever been to see anything recorded for TV? They do all of these audience shots where you are asked to laugh like it is the funniest thing ever, then laugh like it is mildly amusing, then clap and whoop and holler like your favourite person ever has just come on stage.

Its good everyone seemingly appreciates Harry Hill, hes an absolute madman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8O76F42CPI

Harry Hill's standup is a bit hit or miss, luckily the hit parts are so funny you can overlook the poorer parts. I've seen him live twice, he has an amazing talent for leaving a gag, going off on a 10 minute tangent then hitting you with the punchline when you least expect it, very clever

Also, TV Burp by far the best show ITV ever put out, huge shame he doesn't want to do it any more

Tbf there's a difference between watching someone on TV or watching them live. When you see them live you've usually had a couple of drinks, you're part of a crowd, the comedian is working the audience and they tend to be a bit ruder too.

Miranda Hart is technically classed as a comedian. She's absolutely ****ing dreadful.

Really surprised she has only been mentioned like twice in this thread, I don't 'hate' any comedian but I can't understand how she made it so big, very unfunny.

Any comedian who does a joke followed by a load "ERRRR" in anticipation of a roar of laughter from the audience to signal they are continuing a joke or to pretend that the "joke" they have just made might be controversial and they want to move on from that subject. I really hate this habit - Graham Norton and Jo Brand do it all the time, among other shit comedians

Not as annoying as Victoria "punchline blink blink blink" Wood.

Harry Hill's standup is a bit hit or miss, luckily the hit parts are so funny you can overlook the poorer parts. I've seen him live twice, he has an amazing talent for leaving a gag, going off on a 10 minute tangent then hitting you with the punchline when you least expect it, very clever

Also, TV Burp by far the best show ITV ever put out, huge shame he doesn't want to do it any more

I've never been to see him live but remember TV Burp very fondly from back in day. Never been to see him myself but my Uncle has a few times, said pretty much the same thing and I expect he enjoyed it cause its very much his humor when hes had a couple.

Harry managed to get a movie and its all gone quiet since then, I never felt like watching it and going off the reviews it flopped bad. He's still a special talent though, I dont think theres another comedian out there that has had me nearly crying whilst his act makes no sense, while he marauds around getting visably more sweaty and red faced by the minute seeming losing his mind but then somehow, he brings up that piece of madness he was on about twenty minutes before  you thought was crazy back then and its gravy. Bewildering but golden in his own way.

I've seen Jason manford, lee Evans, rhod Gilbert and lee back live. Also seen the live Phoenix nights show. Enjoyed them all but lee Evans was probably my least favourite, although I loved his older ones.

I dislike comedians who insist on abusing the audience as part of their show or rely on audience participation.

I've never been to see him live but remember TV Burp very fondly from back in day. Never been to see him myself but my Uncle has a few times, said pretty much the same thing and I expect he enjoyed it cause its very much his humor when hes had a couple.

Harry managed to get a movie and its all gone quiet since then, I never felt like watching it and going off the reviews it flopped bad. He's still a special talent though, I dont think theres another comedian out there that has had me nearly crying whilst his act makes no sense, while he marauds around getting visably more sweaty and red faced by the minute seeming losing his mind but then somehow, he brings up that piece of madness he was on about twenty minutes before  you thought was crazy back then and its gravy. Bewildering but golden in his own way.

It's not usually the mark of a good comedian but he really is "fun for all the family". Would recommend seeing him live if only for the experience, it's something that doesn't translate well to his DVDs

Another good standup - Jarred Christmas. I saw him once before he was famous and he another time as a compare after he'd been on TV a bit, both times very very funny. Should be more popular than he is

I've seen Jason manford, lee Evans, rhod Gilbert and lee back live. Also seen the live Phoenix nights show. Enjoyed them all but lee Evans was probably my least favourite, although I loved his older ones.

I dislike comedians who insist on abusing the audience as part of their show or rely on audience participation.

Rhod Gilbert was excellent live. Lee Evans was awful.

I once saw Lenny Henry at a corporate works do about 15 years ago. The audience expectation was high but he was a real let down and everyone was very underwhelmed. I saw the invoice for the gig on the desk of the CEO secretary a week after. He got paid £40,000 for a 90 min routine and a 60 min pre meet.

Archived