Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Raw Dykes

Terrible Comedians

Michael Mcintyre and Jimmy Carr are AWFUL. And that Millican bint.

Peter Kaye on the other hand is God in my eyes. Oh, and Jasper Carrot live is unbelievable, I very nearly died at one of his shows back in the 1870's. Or did I mean 1970's - or 80's. I love dementia.

Every female stand up ever.

It's not that I'm sexist, it's an actual fact. I can't think of a single one who's any good.

I find Ruby Wax the best out of the lot.

Joan Rivers can be pretty ****ing funny. Fair play at her age as well.

The worst stand ups I've seen live are Dominic Holland and Roy 'Chubby' Brown. The best are Mark Steel, Ardal O'Hanlon and Clive James (not strictly a stand-up, but he toured his one man show in 2009 after performing it at the previous year's Edinburgh festival).

I saw Chubby Brown in Blackpool in the 80s. If you've got a strong stomach and had a few drinks he's hilarious. I've seen bits of his show on youtube and it's really not the same.

And the fact that she's dead.

I always assumed she'd be dreadful but after she died they repeated this 'an audience with...' type things on telly and I really, really enjoyed it. Just this filthy old cow being outrageous and offending pretty much everyone but with fantastic comic timing.

Unexpected laughs are always particularly good, I think

Joan Rivers can be pretty ****ing funny. Fair play at her age as well.

I always assumed she'd be dreadful but after she died they repeated this 'an audience with...' type things on telly and I really, really enjoyed it. Just this filthy old cow being outrageous and offending pretty much everyone but with fantastic comic timing.

Unexpected laughs are always particularly good, I think

She was very good. I know what you mean - I'd always assumed I wouldn't like her, but when I finally saw some of her material, I was really impressed. She certainly pulled no punches. Definitely my favourite female comedian.

Shame she passed away.

Guest MattP

Jim Bowen was actually good live.

In terms of response and delivery though I don't anyone can ever top Bernard Manning.

Archived