Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

Cricket 2016

Darren Stevens and Shahid Afridi on the same pitch in the Kent v Hampshire game. I thought we were back in 2001 for a second.

Afridi and Sammy had a decent spell earlier - absolutely smashed it vs Kent. 

Excellent again from Notts tonight, Lumb in top form which is always dangerous. Christian's 94 off 47 was great to watch too. Fancy us to do well in the One Day Cup this year.

Yeah, just had too much to do.

And Notts have scored 860 in two innings and won by 56 runs overall.

To be fair, the wicket which was used in both games is obviously a very flat one, plus the sun was shining on both Monday and yesterday. Clearly a batsman's wicket. Makes for entertaining viewing though.

Guest MattP

It's beyond a joke isn't it? Just not good enough.

How relaxed does Cook look now after reaching 10000?

I do wonder what would have happened if we had stuck with Compton at opener, trying all these opening partnerships, Lyth, Robson, Root, Carberry, Trott now Hales that is nearly 30 tests, around 50 innings in which he could have developed his game and formed a partnership with Cook, someone like Compton or Lyth are traditional openers, they would have found their feet at international level if given time. Hales is a different sort of player and worth persevering with and he could be our Warner, but despite his 2 decent knocks of 80+ he still doesn't look an opener. 

Well done again Bairstow. Not Woakes's biggest fan, but he looked fairly assured today. Hope he kicks on.

Thought Cook had the better innings and then Bairstow just kicked on after Cook's dismissal. Never looked like getting out and I suspect that'll carry on tomorrow for as long as his team-mates can let him before they get out. 

Thought Angelo Mathews did well with the ball, too. 5 maidens in a row to begin with!

Thought Cook had the better innings and then Bairstow just kicked on after Cook's dismissal. Never looked like getting out and I suspect that'll carry on tomorrow for as long as his team-mates can let him before they get out. 

Thought Angelo Mathews did well with the ball, too. 5 maidens in a row to begin with!

Mathews did his classic thing keeping it tight at his end without a wicket, really underrated bowler in my view.

I think if we make 350 we can get a decent lead, Sri Lanka top order really misses the likes of Sangakkara and Jayawardene, even Dilshan, nowadays, saying that any team would!

Archived