Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

I think people are getting their protests mixed up a bit here. This protest (which I won't be taking part in as i want to support the team and not disrupt them in what could be our most succesful season in history) is against sky not ticket prices. This game is only 26 pounds to go to. So people saying sky are stopping you going game for years to come is in no way correct. To protest against sky, cancel your sky subscription and use kodi, that's what I do. If people want to protest ticket prices then fine but this isn't the game to do it in. But most people's arguments as to why ticket prices should be low is because of the sky money. I'm confused

I don't get this "the team needs us for the whole game" argument. Swathes of people miss five minutes or more of the match (arriving late, going for half-time refreshments early, leaving before the end).

They'll get plenty of vocal backing throughout, five minutes at the start won't dilute that. But something has to be done over this ridiculous move by Sky.

Are the people protesting the same people who pay for sky each month?

For me, this isn't relevant.  The Premier League were partially responsible for sanctioning this, but in no way are we suggesting that fans turn their backs on the Premier League.  The point of this small, but real, stance is to show the Premier League and TV companies that such decisions have consequences for fans and are not acceptable. If nothing is done, the next step will be moving a game with 14 days' notice; or to an 11am slot for the Asian audience.

Will this have any significant impact in itself?  Probably not, but it is an opportunity to make a stand in what is our most high profile football match of all time.  Globally 100m might watch this match, if 1% notice the exposure will be bigger than anything our fans have ever done. Many other clubs' fans have commented that similar things happen to them. That isn't an excuse to accept being trampled on, but even more reason for us to make a point when we are high profile.

A five minute boycott will always split opinion.  I hope people are sensible enough on Sunday to respect each others' views, but urge anyone to get involved if they disagree with a decision to move a match with 23 days' notice purely for TV.

Do the concourses hold 3000 fans safely?

There will be mayhem at 5 mins & 1 sec when everyone attempts to get to there seat especially if there has been a goal or we're attacking. I've got my lad with me and his safety comes first so we won't be joining in.

He'd also have a pug on should he miss a goal, with me and Union FS. Be warned.

If only a few hundred are going to get involved nobody will even notice.

Do the concourses hold 3000 fans safely?

There will be mayhem at 5 mins & 1 sec when everyone attempts to get to there seat especially if there has been a goal or we're attacking. I've got my lad with me and his safety comes first so we won't be joining in.

He'd also have a pug on should he miss a goal, with me and Union FS. Be warned.

If only a few hundred are going to get involved nobody will even notice.

If the protest is a success and the concourse is full then Union FS have suggested people watch the game from the stand but towards the back in order to show as many empty seats as possible.

Protest aside, I can't wait for this partizan away end everyone's talking about, out singing the 55K Arsenal fans! 

Anti sky chants and banners are probably the most effective way of making a stand without disrupting the team.

They just turn the microphones down at the Leicester end. 

Watch us concede in the first five minutes and then Union FS get hit with a massive backlash of blame for encouraging fans not to be there supporting the team. Its bound to happen.

lol you are right. Will be absolute bull shit but fully expecting it to happen!

I'd sooner protest, make a stand and get cheaper ticket prices so I can still afford to go and enjoy watch Leicester rather than win the league and get priced out so I can't go anymore.

Why will you get priced out if Leicester win the league? They will be in less need of your money.

Not being awkward or purposely dense, but I don't understand your logic.

Why will you get priced out if Leicester win the league? They will be in less need of your money.

Because we'll get bumped up the price categories for away games mate. Say goodbye to Cat C £26 tickets at Arsenal and hello to Cat A £60 ish tickets like Man City etc pay. Every team in the league will charge us considerably more next season if we win the league (and probably if we finish top 4 as well), on top of the year on year increase which is apparently acceptable to a lot of people. 

We become a more 'high profile team', therefore being branded category A like Man United are everywhere. 

End up being charged extortionate prices. That's his logic.

We become a more 'high profile team', therefore being branded category A like Man United are everywhere.

End up being charged extortionate prices. That's his logic.

My points will rocket next season then !

As many of the points steelers won't be able to do so at £120 for a pair lol

Every cloud etc....

Looking forward to the atmosphere in the concourse and taking that out to the stands. I thought the atmosphere in the away end at Man City (lower tier anyway) was rubbish considering what was happening.

Was fantastic in upper tier !

Boycottings a bit daft isn't it?

Trains to London and back aren't cheap, underground travel isn't cheap, nothing's cheap in London, and the match tickets certainly aren't.

Missing the first five minutes of the game which cost a possible over £100 quid trip seems a bit daft. Sky aren't ever going to change. It's a sorry state nowadays. Football is ruled by money, and it's these tv deals which benefit the club in the long run financially.

Stupid idea on the verge of history !

Totally unwelcomed distraction

And I can see people being bullied on the Concorse about this !

We need to be there from kick off singing loud and supporting the team week in week out. It's yet another big game for us and I'm not going to stand in the concourse because it won't make a difference. Sky will just keep the cameras off us.

If you are that pissed about it cancel your £100 a month sky subscription at lease you get the satisfaction of them not having your cash

Well said

Arsenal fans are hugely supportive of this and plenty have agreed to take part. Their supporters groups are working with Union FS on this.

Really ?

The Arsenal supporters trust have made no statement or support on this protest on their website ?

They are the main supporters group there

Stupid idea on the verge of history !

Totally unwelcomed distraction

And I can see people being bullied on the Concorse about this !

Do you mean you can see yourself bullying people on the concourse about this? It seems to have bothered you quite a lot.

Do you mean you can see yourself bullying people on the concourse about this? It seems to have bothered you quite a lot.

Never bullied anyone in my life but I have seen how some of the stone island fat old boys behave !

Yes it does bother me because without Sky tv we Would be stuck in the championship or league one !

Sky TV provided the potential return for our owners to gamble and invest a significant sum on try to get promotion to the premier league

Sky TV provide the income to justify them making an investment and buying the club and the stadium

Sky TV provide the income that means we can keep Vardy and other stars if we so desire

Sky TV and its customers have effectively bankrolled our potential assent to the greatest underdog achievement in the history of team sports

And what about The potential effects of this protest on the team ?

They get great heart running out away from home to our fantastic support !

They need to make a fast start and they need us roaring them on !

This protest is about us being bumped ! Well how many times in 25 years of Sky TV has that happened to us ?

Once ?

It's a consequence of success ! And if we got bumped every month and won the league would anyone mind ? NO they wouldn't

If people want to protest against Sky , cancel your subscription !

The the irony of irony is "stay on Concorse and watch it on TV" .........it's Sky TV lol LOL lol

Get behind the team from the first second and show Sky TV ..." You can mess us around but we don't care as we will win and support our team anyway"

And if people look at the stats Arsenal record over the years at midday kick off games is quite poor !

Sky have done us a favour potentially !

Get behind the team !

likely still be abit hungover ha from Saturday, a few coffees will do

True lol

Archived