Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

I am not going to join in with this. I lost £50 on non-refundable train tickets - so I am as p*ssed off as the next man but I am not going to miss the first five minutes. I don't think it will do the players much good to walk out to a half empty away section - I always think it must give them a real lift seeing a packed out away section in full voice plus I got 3 kids there & don't fancy being in a full concourse if we were to score. I also think there are better ways we could have protested especially if we can coordinate with the Arsenal fans. Of course it would be affected by what is going on on the pitch but maybe everyone turning their backs for a minute at the 23rd minute or a minutes silence on 23 - mind they have tried 90 minutes of that at Goodson & that's had no affect.

My grandson and I will be there from kick off I am not taking a six year old to miss the start, what will be will be , l don't have sky tv as I believe they have killed the game with all the money they put in, but luckily for me I can go any day of the week and will not let sky or the premier league spoil it for us.

But your happy for the club, to take Sky money..

To all who want to protest, bomb sky with mails, without being stupid, or swearing.

Go into every social media comments forum they have, whether football, or other sports, plus

answering in pundit forums.Relative or not.Again no trash, no swearing, showing your disdain

and contempt, but describing the types of travelling football individual fans AND private groups

that their descisions lose 100s of pounds, without being able to reclaim lost funds.

Fans who book and travel nationally or sometimes from abroad for those one off games, or regulars

all needing to plan their family then work and life schedules months in advance.

Some scrimping to save for that friend/kids/mates one off special day.

The PL and Sky should be able to work out something in the way they set up their secondary moved games.

Create compensation platforms (not work days taken off) for game and booked travel tickets,

including proven 1 day only hotel/BB costs.Its not rocket science..

Fraudulent claims can easily be sorted.Every claimant must have the relevant match ticket

either paid and confirmed, ready for pick-up in fans name or in their possesion.

This wont happen so regularly that it would cost Sky, PL or the Individual clubs 10s of thousands.

Look ....as fans we like the idea of games spread, being informed when the camaras weeks before will turn up.

but expect media can also react during the season at short notice, when a game becomes suddenly

a top or sort after game, or a Short noticed switched game.Not weather relevant.

Even on this forum we see quite a few fans who jumped with delight and Post, over moved games.

"You greedy bastards, enough is enough". Another nice chant there.

This chanted in the 23rd minute by all sides of the ground would be amazing.

Those not at the game could post on Facebook/Twitter social medial a message using the #enoughisenough also in the 23rd minute.

Was great to see Liverpool make a stand yesterday, now it's time for others to join in and start bringing out game back to the fans.

Was it a coincidence that Liverpool was winning 2-0 until the Liverpool fans left on 77 minutes.

Agree that something has to be done, but am slightly concerned about the affect on the players.

It probably be better if the press was informed of the demo, before the match, so the players understand what's going on, and why.

Guest seanfox778

Was it a coincidence that Liverpool was winning 2-0 until the Liverpool fans left on 77 minutes.

Agree that something has to be done, but am slightly concerned about the affect on the players.

It probably be better if the press was informed of the demo, before the match, so the players understand what's going on, and why.

I thought this and it'd be a bit annoying if we scored in the 3rd minute again and the players had no one to celebrate with. I think anti Sky chants would be funny as you always hear them on TV and they can't bleep them out.

This. Liverpool were 2 0 up when their fans walked out. Great thinking that was. Why should our team suffer because of sky there are better ways to protest. Cancelling sky subscribtions is one way to go. Our team fully deserve our support this season and everyone should be in the stands to clap them onto the pitch in what could be a pivotal game in the title run in.

This chanted in the 23rd minute by all sides of the ground would be amazing.

Those not at the game could post on Facebook/Twitter social medial a message using the #enoughisenough also in the 23rd minute.

Was great to see Liverpool make a stand yesterday, now it's time for others to join in and start bringing out game back to the fans.

Totally agree.

It was probably a coincidence, but wouldn't like to take the chance, if half of us don't turn up, will it even be seen as the away support at the massive Emirates? Sky will easily keep the cameras off of us, I don't think it will make a jot of difference to be honest, sky will also say a very few tickets were returned, so most fans were okay with it. By the way I agree, it was tosh them changing the date/time, with so little notice! 

We need to be there from kick off singing loud and supporting the team week in week out. It's yet another big game for us and I'm not going to stand in the concourse because it won't make a difference. Sky will just keep the cameras off us.

If you are that pissed about it cancel your £100 a month sky subscription at lease you get the satisfaction of them not having your cash

It was probably a coincidence, but wouldn't like to take the chance, if half of us don't turn up, will it even be seen as the away support at the massive Emirates? Sky will easily keep the cameras off of us, I don't think it will make a jot of difference to be honest, sky will also say a very few tickets were returned, so most fans were okay with it. By the way I agree, it was tosh them changing the date/time, with so little notice!

Replying to you and others l, the players and manager of Liverpool said it didn't make a difference that the fans walked out, and they are not using it as an excuse, which they have to say, but they walk out on 77 minutes, concede in the 82 minute, and drawing at I think it was 86 minute, but were cruising before the first goal,It may be coincident.

As for our protest, I agree and totally understand why we feel the need to protest, but I wouldn't want anything to unsettle our lads.

As somebody quoted, sky will just not film our end, but they cannot mute the volume for the whole game.

For me, anti sky banners up, get in on time, back the lads, loud and proud, and plenty of anti sky chants, mix in with songs supporting the lads.

Dortmund ultras and supporters groups (maybe 1,500 fans) just did a similar 18-minute protest at Stuttgart in the German Cup Quarter Final.

Probably only a quarter of the allocation but clearly made a huge impact as German TV showed the entrance of the fans not once but twice.

Any lack of support didn't particularly make a difference as they were 1-0 up after 6 mins and conceded about 3 mins after the fans made their way in...

Please, please make a stand (or at least consider it) on this guys. We've been far too passive for generations. Liverpool showed the way on Saturday and the media has been awash with support for their actions. Let's keep up the momentum!

Dortmund ultras and supporters groups (maybe 1,500 fans) just did a similar 18-minute protest at Stuttgart in the German Cup Quarter Final.

Probably only a quarter of the allocation but clearly made a huge impact as German TV showed the entrance of the fans not once but twice.

Any lack of support didn't particularly make a difference as they were 1-0 up after 6 mins and conceded about 3 mins after the fans made their way in...

Please, please make a stand (or at least consider it) on this guys. We've been far too passive for generations. Liverpool showed the way on Saturday and the media has been awash with support for their actions. Let's keep up the momentum!

Yes. All football fans have been.

Well done Liverpool fans, but Liverpool are in mid-table - not a huge amount to play for in the league this year.

We are on the verge of something great. Us winning the league will do more for football than this protest. If I thought this would have an affect on our chances in this match I would be 100% against it. Otherwise I would be 100% for it.

As of now - I am undecided. If a significant number Arsenal fans join in I guess I am for it. 

A part of me though thinks we should just put the team first (but of course the fans have been a huge part of that team).

Oh I just don't know. What is best for LCFC?

Yes. All football fans have been.

Well done Liverpool fans, but Liverpool are in mid-table - not a huge amount to play for in the league this year.

We are on the verge of something great. Us winning the league will do more for football than this protest. If I thought this would have an affect on our chances in this match I would be 100% against it. Otherwise I would be 100% for it.

As of now - I am undecided. If a significant number Arsenal fans join in I guess I am for it.

A part of me though thinks we should just put the team first (but of course the fans have been a huge part of that team).

Oh I just don't know. What is best for LCFC?

I'd sooner protest, make a stand and get cheaper ticket prices so I can still afford to go and enjoy watch Leicester rather than win the league and get priced out so I can't go anymore.

You have got to ask yourself what is the bigger picture? 1) Sky being totally uncaring towards football fans, or 2) Leicester being crowned Premier League Champions.

For me no contest, I will be giving my vocal support from second one, I can object against Sky another way by cancelling my subscription.

If thousands of football supporters across the country did this it would be much more effective than for me a meaningless five minute protest that could possibly disrupt our team in the now most important game for 50 years.

Archived