Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

Understand and respect the decision of those who don't want to take part. We're top of the league, it's a massive game and some people are concerned about the impact it could have on the team.

Personally, I will be taking part as I feel the decision to move the game at such short notice was unacceptable and showed a complete disregard for supporters who invest their time and money travelling away from home. While this choice of action may not be everyone's cup of tea, you have to start somewhere. Do nothing and it sets a dangerous precedent for the future.

To be clear, this is not about fixtures being moved for TV coverage per se; it's about fixtures being changed at unreasonable notice. the Premier League has its own guideline on rescheduling fixtures for TV, which states 'For fixtures from December onwards, live TV matches are mostly confirmed on a month-by-month basis. The Premier League will seek to confirm live TV matches approximately five or six weeks prior to the start of the month in question. For example, December selections are typically confirmed in mid-October.'

23 days is well short of the recommendation above. At 23 days out, fans should rightly feel that they are safe to book travel and accommodation without fear of losing their money. If we don't make a stand against it this time, there's nothing to stop it happening again. Just because you haven't personally been affected this time, there's nothing to say you won't be next time. Even if you have been personally affected but you're not bothered because you could afford to lose the money and have now made other plans, there are other people who can't afford to lose the money. Think of the bigger picture and nip this in the bud now!

My points will rocket next season then !

As many of the points steelers won't be able to do so at £120 for a pair lol

Every cloud etc....

Was fantastic in upper tier !

Bully for you. Many of the honest people who have built up their ref points won't be able to afford that every fortnight either...

Understand and respect the decision of those who don't want to take part. We're top of the league, it's a massive game and some people are concerned about the impact it could have on the team.

Personally, I will be taking part as I feel the decision to move the game at such short notice was unacceptable and showed a complete disregard for supporters who invest their time and money travelling away from home. While this choice of action may not be everyone's cup of tea, you have to start somewhere. Do nothing and it sets a dangerous precedent for the future.

To be clear, this is not about fixtures being moved for TV coverage per se; it's about fixtures being changed at unreasonable notice. the Premier League has its own guideline on rescheduling fixtures for TV, which states 'For fixtures from December onwards, live TV matches are mostly confirmed on a month-by-month basis. The Premier League will seek to confirm live TV matches approximately five or six weeks prior to the start of the month in question. For example, December selections are typically confirmed in mid-October.'

23 days is well short of the recommendation above. At 23 days out, fans should rightly feel that they are safe to book travel and accommodation without fear of losing their money. If we don't make a stand against it this time, there's nothing to stop it happening again. Just because you haven't personally been affected this time, there's nothing to say you won't be next time. Even if you have been personally affected but you're not bothered because you could afford to lose the money and have now made other plans, there are other people who can't afford to lose the money. Think of the bigger picture and nip this in the bud now!

They have done this loads to the big teams for many years , usually around champions league issues as well.

Doesn't make it right but it's really a sign of our success.

I totally appriciate the sentiments , and I think some sort of a protest is in order

But the first 5 mins of the game is just terrible timing for Me

Sky will make sure there is no director coverage of the empty seats.

The atmosphere we created in Manchester for those first 5-10 mins was outstanding

Anyway let's hope there are no incidents

When we scored just after half time in Manchester there was a huge crush on the entrance to block 312 or 313 with people rushing out to celebrate and it looked a hit ugly for a few mins

Totally agree with Drop of Claridge and those imploring people not to do this. This is not the right time to do it we are playing the next biggest match in our clubs history.

I'm not belittling the strength of feeling or conviction here I just think it's ill considered and could have a negative effect like the protest at the Liverpool game.

Please please please think about this!

Never bullied anyone in my life but I have seen how some of the stone island fat old boys behave !

Yes it does bother me because without Sky tv we Would be stuck in the championship or league one !

Sky TV provided the potential return for our owners to gamble and invest a significant sum on try to get promotion to the premier league

Sky TV provide the income to justify them making an investment and buying the club and the stadium

Sky TV provide the income that means we can keep Vardy and other stars if we so desire

Sky TV and its customers have effectively bankrolled our potential assent to the greatest underdog achievement in the history of team sports

And what about The potential effects of this protest on the team ?

They get great heart running out away from home to our fantastic support !

They need to make a fast start and they need us roaring them on !

This protest is about us being bumped ! Well how many times in 25 years of Sky TV has that happened to us ?

Once ?

It's a consequence of success ! And if we got bumped every month and won the league would anyone mind ? NO they wouldn't

If people want to protest against Sky , cancel your subscription !

The the irony of irony is "stay on Concorse and watch it on TV" .........it's Sky TV lol LOL lol

Get behind the team from the first second and show Sky TV ..." You can mess us around but we don't care as we will win and support our team anyway"

And if people look at the stats Arsenal record over the years at midday kick off games is quite poor !

Sky have done us a favour potentially !

Get behind the team !

True lol

You do realise there was football before sky TV and we played on the top division, having some success.

We as football supporters owe nothing to Sky!

Guest claude_leic

Never bullied anyone in my life but I have seen how some of the stone island fat old boys behave !

Yes it does bother me because without Sky tv we Would be stuck in the championship or league one !

Sky TV provided the potential return for our owners to gamble and invest a significant sum on try to get promotion to the premier league

Sky TV provide the income to justify them making an investment and buying the club and the stadium

Sky TV provide the income that means we can keep Vardy and other stars if we so desire

Sky TV and its customers have effectively bankrolled our potential assent to the greatest underdog achievement in the history of team sports

And what about The potential effects of this protest on the team ?

They get great heart running out away from home to our fantastic support !

They need to make a fast start and they need us roaring them on !

This protest is about us being bumped ! Well how many times in 25 years of Sky TV has that happened to us ?

Once ?

It's a consequence of success ! And if we got bumped every month and won the league would anyone mind ? NO they wouldn't

If people want to protest against Sky , cancel your subscription !

The the irony of irony is "stay on Concorse and watch it on TV" .........it's Sky TV lol lol lol

Get behind the team from the first second and show Sky TV ..." You can mess us around but we don't care as we will win and support our team anyway"

And if people look at the stats Arsenal record over the years at midday kick off games is quite poor !

Sky have done us a favour potentially !

Get behind the team !

True lol

You're making out as if Sky have personally invested in us. Sky are not the reason we are in the Premiership, every club receives money from sky and we all compete against each other. If anything, Sky have made it harder for us to reach the Premiership, as they have massively increased the wealth gap between the Premier League and the Championship.

I don't think the protest is about hating Sky. I think most people who will be protesting will be grateful to Sky for some of the things they have done. It's about saying please take into consideration the wishes of match going fans.

I understand why people won't be joining in; this is our best season in history and we have the chance of doing something unbelievable. However, if every club took that attitude, then we would get nowhere. This is part of a broader issue and wider fan disenfranchisement. Ticket prices are very expensive and sky are trying spread games throughout the week (who wants to watch football on a Monday night!). All clubs need to be on board and we need to stand together if we are going to change the game for the better.

Having gone to old trafford and upton park last season and seen our fans turn on each other, I feel that Sunday may well be a return to that.

This year has been fantastic, and now really is the wrong time. I get that it was a shit load of hassle, I myself had to re buy train tickets, than get those refunded thanks to EMT being good enough to honour the originals, trying to get 6 people that thought it was a 3pm sat ko when we purchased tickets, sorted for a 12 sunday was stressful at times for those involved.

I understand why people are fed up of this, but we wanted to be back in the big time and not rotting in the championship, guess what this is part of the deal.

But I am sorry, I have decided to travel away to follow my club and intend to do that, my protest at $ky is not to pay for the ****ing thing. I want to back the players in what is now a huge game.

I fear that this split could spill over in the concourse and stand on sunday, I hope to god I am wrong, but people still hungover from sat and probably topping up on the trains etc on sunday morning could lead to some ugly scenes.

I urge all involved, to respect the choice of others, it doesn't mean we don't care, it just means we have made a choice to stick by the players in this instance, afterall, it's not like we made a protest at paying £35 for swansea or whatever watford have charged.

I urge all involved, to respect the choice of others, it doesn't mean we don't care, it just means we have made a choice to stick by the players in this instance, afterall, it's not like we made a protest at paying £35 for swansea or whatever watford have charged.

Goes both ways mate, I can see more hostility coming from people not doing it aimed at the people who are. Guess we'll see. 

I think fair play to people willing to make a stand but think this is a bit of a pointless exercise. I doubt it will even be noticed.

Liverpool got coverage because they were protesting against the club, sky are not going to give any press to a protest about them. The only hope is that Arsenal fans film it and put it on social media but 5 minutes is not going to make a difference.

Goes both ways mate, I can see more hostility coming from people not doing it aimed at the people who are. Guess we'll see. 

Really? If someone is walking past everyone in the concourse to go up the stairs to the seats I think its more likely people will block the stairs rather than the person walking through complaining. (If that makes sense lol )

Certainly agree with Bayfox. Everyone needs to respect the choices of others. We don't want this protest bringing on any negative publicity with people getting injured etc.

Hopefully neither case is true. At the end of the day we've all travelled and made our respective choices, so people need to respect each other and back the lads together when we're all up there in the away end (at whatever point in the game that may be).

To be clear, this is not about fixtures being moved for TV coverage per se; it's about fixtures being changed at unreasonable notice. the Premier League has its own guideline on rescheduling fixtures for TV, which states 'For fixtures from December onwards, live TV matches are mostly confirmed on a month-by-month basis. The Premier League will seek to confirm live TV matches approximately five or six weeks prior to the start of the month in question. For example, December selections are typically confirmed in mid-October.'

23 days is well short of the recommendation above. At 23 days out, fans should rightly feel that they are safe to book travel and accommodation without fear of losing their money. If we don't make a stand against it this time, there's nothing to stop it happening again. Just because you haven't personally been affected this time, there's nothing to say you won't be next time. Even if you have been personally affected but you're not bothered because you could afford to lose the money and have now made other plans, there are other people who can't afford to lose the money. Think of the bigger picture and nip this in the bud now!

It seems apparent just from this thread that not many of the 5,000 City fans will actually take part. Maybe a few hundred? I don't know but it's not likely to be enough to make any sort of visual effect. When you see empty seats at the start of a game, you just assume that there has just been a traffic problem which has meant a few away fans will be late.

It will have no effect. That fact really should be enough to convince people not to take part.

A few people who can afford to attend a top Premier League football match have had to change their train tickets (with three weeks notice).  We live in a Society where lots of people struggle to feed their families, so your inconvenience is not an issue that many people are going to have a lot of sympathy for.

Granted it does, but it is easier for people to block the entrances to the stand than, to force people to enter the seats. The only thing people who have entered to watch the KO can do is aim a few words at those entering late.

Afterall I can hardly see most of coach 1 kicking off with a load of pissed up lads lol

As i said I just hope both parties respect each others stand point as there is obviously a split.

I would hope we can pass of without any major incident but events last season don't fill me with hope.

Totally agree with Drop of Claridge and those imploring people not to do this. This is not the right time to do it we are playing the next biggest match in our clubs history.

I'm not belittling the strength of feeling or conviction here I just think it's ill considered and could have a negative effect like the protest at the Liverpool game.

It's exactly the right time to do it. Hugely watched game across the globe, away end fully in view on TV camera, on the day of the actual game that is affected.

Would be no point doing it at any other game, would there?

You do realise there was football before sky TV and we played on the top division, having some success.

Yes there was also roast chicken before Nando's arrived , but would I to protest in the toilet at Nandos if they opened at 3pm instead of lunch time , no lol

Thanks and I agree please everyone think this through !

Charity shield is on Sky let's protest at that ! ;)

OK but why do you think that Sky owe you anything?

Why shouldn't they change the date of key games to make them available to a global audience??

I bet none of those that are going to protest stop their sky subscriptions.

Absolutely pointless protest. Back the boys from the start. Laughably its ok we can watch it in the concourse on sky tv......lol.....

Hypocrites.

It will be interesting to see if Arsenal safety stewards will allow large numbers of people to stay in the concourse let alone block entrances to prevent persons taking up their seats we will see.

I bet none of those that are going to protest stop their sky subscriptions.

Absolutely pointless protest. Back the boys from the start. Laughably its ok we can watch it in the concourse on sky tv...... lol.....

Hypocrites.

It will be interesting to see if Arsenal safety stewards will allow large numbers of people to stay in the concourse let alone block entrances to prevent persons taking up their seats we will see.

Source please

It's called health and safety and I think you will find it's part of the ground rules. You can virtually get ejected arrested for anything under the ground rules every affiliated football club has them.

Just wanted a source for the part about people blocking the entrances. 

I see no mention of that anywhere. 

Archived