Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bristol_foxes

Arsenal away - first five minutes

I was thinking - something similar that might be quite effective via social media is for those fans watching the game on TV to take a picture of themselves with their backs turned to the screen within the first 5 minutes and posting it to Twitter / Facebook under a universal hashtag (not sure what exactly, say #Football4Fans-Not4Profit

This would be easy to do and help show some solidarity with those making a protest at the stadium - plus you only need your back turned for the photo to make the point not the whole 5 minutes.

What do people think?

I'd love it if Union FS picked this up and ran this as a side campaign in relation to the Arsenal game - just come up with a better hashtag!

I think that's very contradictory lol lol

Rather than criticise your idea though it'd be better if pictures were tweeted with the TV turned OFF.

Put the radio on if necessary

There's anecdotal evidence on here and elsewhere about the amounts lost by people who can't make use of EMT's offer because they live elsewhere.

You're not seriously suggesting the police would eject anyone not in their seat by kick-off are you? Plenty ball up late in our away ends on a regular basis because of turnstile queues/need a piss/underestimated travel time to the ground etc.

Fair play to EMT but lots of people will be travelling from Tamworth/Nuneaton to Euston with Virgin. Despite EMTs help it hasn't helped out all our fans on trains

To really make an impact you'd have to get home fans on board.

A near empty stadium for 5 minutes would be impossible to ignore

But if Leicester were at home would you get involved?

Hope everyone joins in as I think a half arsed version will ruin it. Fully support those protesting.

For me, this is a big thing. I think the jury is still out on how effective a protest will be, but to do it in a half-arsed way now would IMO be almost as bad as not bothering at all. 

Not only would it be embarrassing for us as a club after it has been widely previewed in the press, but would just make the apathy among fans so obvious. 

Yeah it's a fair point. I was just responding to a post which questioned my LCFC fan credentials, and I took the bait!

To be fair though, anybody else who went to Shrewsbury Town in the 1980s to watch a pitiful 0-0 draw on a freezing January Saturday deserves a medal!!

Human nature I guess.

I feel the same about my 2 trips to Plymouth on Tuesday nights. 1st abandoned at 1-0 down. Only to go back and lose 1-0 might well as not bothered.

No offence but I hate what $ky have done to our game. But I understand for people not as lucky as me that can't follow the club up and down the country anymore it must be a godsend.

However I don't want to messed about at short notice and still think people who can pay 90 quid a month for TV are mad.

Fair play to EMT but lots of people will be travelling from Tamworth/Nuneaton to Euston with Virgin. Despite EMTs help it hasn't helped out all our fans on trains

I got lucky because me and me brother are going from Leicester for this game, where as - due to where I live - I'd usually take the East Coast line to Kings Cross. They'll be plenty of people affected that cannot reclaim anything.

I got lucky because me and me brother are going from Leicester for this game, where as - due to where I live - I'd usually take the East Coast line to Kings Cross. They'll be plenty of people affected that cannot reclaim anything.

Was that you with Dan the other week when I met you at Euston flyer before Spurs away midweek?

Well how would you describe it?

The game was going to take place on Saturday... but now it’s on Sunday instead. It's the end of the World as we know it. 

“Middle-class problems”, as they say.

Too many people have worked themselves up into a fuddle over this.

You've not got a ticket or any inclination in attending this game before or after it was moved I am guessing?

I may get shot down here and be in the minority but i think this is a poor idea. I think Union FS have been great for the club but i don't agree with this. Apologies if this has been mentioned previously in the thread but firstly, all 3,000 fans trying to get from the concourse to the seats will be fairly chaotic, as well as people trying to find the correct seats at the same time etc., people will end up missing 15-20 minutes not just 5

Also, yes i'm sure the players will cope but i can imagine they get a buzz when they run out and see a decent away following roaring them on - we are always very loud just before kick off and first 5 minutes, so that will be lost - whilst some may argue this wont have much effect, it certainly wont have any positive effect on the players.

So, in short, i wont be joining in the protest! (and i'm in the doghouse with the game being moved as 14th feb is my wedding anniversary)

I think that's very contradictory lol lol

Rather than criticise your idea though it'd be better if pictures were tweeted with the TV turned OFF.

Put the radio on if necessary

The problem with having the TV turned off... it's not completely clear from the picture what you're protesting about!

My grandson and I will be there from kick off I am not taking a six year old to miss the start, what will be will be , l don't have sky tv as I believe they have killed the game with all the money they put in, but luckily for me I can go any day of the week and will not let sky or the premier league spoil it for us.

I may get shot down here and be in the minority but i think this is a poor idea. I think Union FS have been great for the club but i don't agree with this. Apologies if this has been mentioned previously in the thread but firstly, all 3,000 fans trying to get from the concourse to the seats will be fairly chaotic, as well as people trying to find the correct seats at the same time etc., people will end up missing 15-20 minutes not just 5

Also, yes i'm sure the players will cope but i can imagine they get a buzz when they run out and see a decent away following roaring them on - we are always very loud just before kick off and first 5 minutes, so that will be lost - whilst some may argue this wont have much effect, it certainly wont have any positive effect on the players.

So, in short, i wont be joining in the protest! (and i'm in the doghouse with the game being moved as 14th feb is my wedding anniversary)

No one will shoot you down for having an opinion mate, the people organising won't have an issue if you choose not to join in! 

I do have sympathy for the fans here, honestly I do. But seriously please… All that’s happened here is that you’ve been mildly inconvenienced. Sky have changed the date of a game giving you three week’s notice. But so what? Man up about it. Life’s not perfect. Worse things happen at sea etc etc.

The team has to come first. Missing the first five minutes of what could be our most crucial league game EVER could backfire on the team. It could also backfire on the club, with Sky deciding to marginalise Leicester from their future coverage. Do not underestimate the power of Sky to influence the title race.

Our supporters need to be in their seats, cheering for the team from the first whistle.

Leicester City gains massively from Sky Sports coverage. Yes there is no game without the fans, but, like it or not, there’s also not much of a game without Sky any more.

Sky is the reason that the Premiership is so well-funded – and by extention, is the reason that the Thais wanted to buy a football team, and so is the reason why we have enjoyed such a magical season this year. There is no way of getting away from that.

Anyhoo, like I said, I think the fans have a right to be annoyed about this, but missing part of the game isn’t going to help our boys on the pitch – which is all any of us really care about.

decent post mate

Archived