Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

Just got off skype to Pogba, Matuidi and Kante, said they were relieved mark noble didn't make the squad as they had no idea how they'd ever manage to deal with such a quality player.

Bet they are crapping themselves at the possibility of coming up against Fabian Delph then.

Just got off skype to Pogba, Matuidi and Kante, said they were relieved mark noble didn't make the squad as they had no idea how they'd ever manage to deal with such a quality player.

The concept of "quality" players, rather than form players or players who consistently perform, or perform as a team, is what has led the England manager to select players today who are injured or who have hardly played this season.

Selecting players solely based on their "quality" has hardly served England well in the past.

I don't see that changing.

The Provisional 26 - three out of those 26 will miss out by May 31st.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Danny Drinkwater, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere

Strikers: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy

I can but assume one striker, one midfielder and one defender won't make the cut.

Bit concerned about CB.

John Stones has been mentioned by a few pundits/critics that he'd be under-performing/not at his best compared to last season. Smalling is fine but can be clumsy.

Not really sure about Sterling, seems to have gone off the boil since going to Man City; as well as Rooney, who I'm still unsure about being an attacking forward-midfielder.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Danny Drinkwater, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere

Strikers: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy

I can but assume one striker, one midfielder and one defender won't make the cut.

Defenders will stay the same, no way he's taking 6 - pecking order for CB is Smalling-Cahill-Dier-Stones imo.

Rashford and two midfielders will be out, if all 26 are fit. 

Carroll over Rashford, Albrighton over Townsend, Noble over Delph, and I'd have been encouraged by a promising 26 man squad with some in-form players picked.

He's been alright for England in the past but he hasn't had a great season, yes I'm biased and they're different players but Albrighton has outshone him for me, Antonio deserves a mention too.

hasn't had a great season? Was frozen out by Spurs and has played well for a poor Newcastle side recently with 4 goals in 11 from the wing with a couple assists. And has played well for England in past if anyone should be dropped its Henderson. Offers nothing

I'd love to know how Hodgson has concluded that Rashford would be more use to England this summer than Defoe.

Pretty uninspiring squad on the whole. The likes of Delph, Henderson, Wilshere, Barkley, Rooney, Stones etc... can all consider themselves lucky to be there given the seasons they've had. Lucky in the sense there isn't much else chomping at the bit. Do feel a bit for Noble, don't think he's the answer to England's problems but lets not pretend that if he was playing for Liverpool he'd have the same lack of caps.

Townsend I'm not sold on but I'd rather him than Walcott.

Happy for Vardy & Drinkwater. I'll be very surprised if the latter is one of the three to go - which reminds me, why have we picked 26 players? Has anyone else done that? Don't really see the logic.

EDIT: Suppose actually there are a couple of friendlies in that time.

I'd love to know how Hodgson has concluded that Rashford would be more use to England this summer than Defoe.

Pretty uninspiring squad on the whole. The likes of Delph, Henderson, Wilshere, Barkley, Rooney, Stones etc... can all consider themselves lucky to be there given the seasons they've had. Lucky in the sense there isn't much else chomping at the bit. Do feel a bit for Noble, don't think he's the answer to England's problems but lets not pretend that if he was playing for Liverpool he'd have the same lack of caps.

Townsend I'm not sold on but I'd rather him than Walcott.

Happy for Vardy & Drinkwater. I'll be very surprised if the latter is one of the three to go - which reminds me, why have we picked 26 players? Has anyone else done that? Don't really see the logic.

EDIT: Suppose actually there are a couple of friendlies in that time.

As you said adds an edge to the friendlies for the players.

Defenders will stay the same, no way he's taking 6 - pecking order for CB is Smalling-Cahill-Dier-Stones imo.

Rashford and two midfielders will be out, if all 26 are fit. 

Might as well use Rooney as a No.10 (just like at Manchester United) and drop Rashford/Sterling, Henderson/Delph and Stones.

Dier can play both in central (defensive) midfield and as a centre-back.

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Fraser Forster, Tom Heaton

Defenders: Nathaniel Clyne, Kyle Walker, Gary Cahill, Chris Smalling, John Stones, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose

Midfielders: Dele Alli, Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Eric Dier, Danny Drinkwater, Jordan Henderson, Adam Lallana, James Milner, Raheem Sterling, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere

Strikers: Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Jamie Vardy

Don't understand Delph being in it? He's done NOTHING this season. Washford? Surely Defoe is a much better bet? And Jagielka being out, yet Stones is in?

I do feel a bit for Noble as he should've been given at least a friendly recently but it's a situation where the fact he doesn't play improves his standing because you can't prove he's not up to the standard. 

Delph and Rashford will be snipped unless they really tear it up in training and the friendlies, something Delph won't do but Rashford you never know? If he does then who drops out? Imagine if he got rid of Vardy! Haha. There's still fitness questions over so many in this squad it's a farce.

Drinkwater simply has to impress in the games and training sessions and hope that he does enough but I think it'll take fitness concerns for Henderson or Wilshere to get him in.

I actually think Townsend needs to be in there as we have very little alternative on the wing. He's like Welbeck in the sense he does well for England as well in positions we aren't blessed with numbers in. He's done well in recent weeks so he's in form. If he is poor in the coming friendlies then he might get dropped for Rashford or Drinkwater but I'd suspect he's going. Walcott has had a dog season so can see why he's not been called up.

My personal opinion would be to sack Henderson off as long as Wilshere is ok in the next few weeks. I rate Wilshere whereas Henderson is nothing more than a plodder like Milner. Wilshere is far more of an asset to England than Henderson but having only played 2 games all season this is immoral, it rarely works but I suppose he's only got to stay fit for potentially 8-9 games in the next 2 months.

Drinkwater has to be included, it will be disgusting if he's not. He's so good it's a joke.

Archived