Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

Guest MattP

If Drinkwater doesn't make the squad then you've got to ask what he's actually got to do. Near enough an ever present in the comfortable league winners.

Albrighton and Simpson have cases too. Simpson defensively has been excellent this season.

This, all of our players should be involved, we've just won the league by the biggest amount for over 15 years.

I have a shocking feeling he'll only take Vardy.

England need to be realistic , you have a poor manager and some very young players , surely this is about making a semi final and then see what happens , technically the team has scope but the manager is very average and Rooney will start and that is a shocking example of how poor a manager he is.

I expect it to be a tough tournament for England. The FA need to go for a bright and hungry young man , Eddie Howe would be good choice and back him as well as they have backed Woy.

Don't see why we need to take 3 goalkeepers. Stupid rule. Take 2 and open up another space for an outfield player.

Because if one gets injured (and our two first choices have been injured this season) then we are screwed.

Because if one gets injured (and our two first choices have been injured this season) then we are screwed.

How often do you see the 3rd choice keeper get on the pitch? Not likely. Its a completely wasted place. If the unfortunate was to happen and both keepers got injured then you should be allowed to just fly another keeper over.

The only downside is if both keepers got injured in the same match. Which is a rarity. I would rather see an extra outfield player who actually has a chance of playing over a keeper who is there to make up the numbers

If Welbeck is confirmed as out, can we have the squad tomorrow please Woy.

That's what you were waiting for wasn't it?

What if someone gets injured on Saturday? What's the rush?

What if someone gets injured on Saturday? What's the rush?

No idea what the rush is, the FA were the ones who said they'd announce it tomorrow only to push it back when Welbeck got injured. I thought the date should have been after the season endef anyway, but seeing as they promised us a squad tomorrow I think they give us one now.

Any injuries at the weekend are covered by the standby list and the squads not final until May 31st anyway.

Our squad suits a diamond but we're painfully shit at breaking sides down as it is so with 4 central players I reckon we'll be extra turgid

The trouble with the diamond is that it's a crap formation, especially for English players. I'm usually in favour of getting your best players on the pitch in their best positions but I'd make an exception to avoid playing a diamond.

carroll has to go. just so obvious. nobody can deal with him in world football. even if he has a shocker he causes so much panic and gets triple marked or a team changes their whole defensive plan just to cater for him it's worth him being there.

kane, vardy, carroll & sturridge is a sensational front four for a euros.

I can see the argument for Defoe in fairness. Good goals return in a pretty crap side.

I thought the whole rule about 3 goalkeepers was because it used to be a squad of 22 players with two goalkeepers, then they changed it to let you take a third one if you wish.

u

How often do you see the 3rd choice keeper get on the pitch? Not likely. Its a completely wasted place. If the unfortunate was to happen and both keepers got injured then you should be allowed to just fly another keeper over.

The only downside is if both keepers got injured in the same match. Which is a rarity. I would rather see an extra outfield player who actually has a chance of playing over a keeper who is there to make up the numbers

I've seen teams go through two keepers in one game numerous times before, in fact I remember Felipe melo saving a pen and crawling round like a dog.

Three keepers for a major tournament is a fundamental

Nothing in my emails or junk so I assume I'm the same as you?

Log on to the UEFA ticket portal, enter the code to prove you're not a robot then find your invoice/ticket history. Right at the bottom of the list of tickets you've qualified for you'll see the delivery status changed from 'delivered by the end of May' to a tracking number

Apparently that means they're less than 48 hours away from being delivered

Archived