Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

England Euro 2016

I can see the argument for Defoe in fairness. Good goals return in a pretty crap side.

I thought the whole rule about 3 goalkeepers was because it used to be a squad of 22 players with two goalkeepers, then they changed it to let you take a third one if you wish.

I wouldn't miss Defoe, but I think we could do with someone with a bit of height so I'd suggest Andy Carroll personally. How many games as Charlie Austin played for Southampton this season?

Austin shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. He's only scored one goal hasn't he?

Yeah just looked online just one goal I believe, mind you I've just remembered Deeney sadly despite how good he's been I can't see him being considered, even though he's probably miles better than Rooney at the moment.

Predictions:

Hart

Forster

Heaton

Clyne

Walker

Rose

Bertrand

Cahill

Smalling

Jagielka

Dier

Henderson

Lallana

Drinkwater

Alli

Barkley

Wilshere

Milner

Sterling

Rooney

Vardy

Kane

Sturridge

Seems spot on, it's not that bad really, I can't see us winning it but we should make the semi finals

Predictions:

Hart

Forster

Heaton

Clyne

Walker

Rose

Bertrand

Cahill

Smalling

Jagielka

Dier

Henderson

Lallana

Drinkwater

Alli

Barkley

Wilshere

Milner

Sterling

Rooney

Vardy

Kane

Sturridge

Stones will go. They've already decided he's quality and no amount of shite displays will change that. Drinkwater will probably miss out for him unless Henderson is still injured.

It's the defence I just cannot come to terms with. We don't have a single centre half I fully trust.

I didn't really trust Morgan last season but when he plays in a well organised side that protects him and plays to his strengths he looks like one of the best in the league. Cahill/Smalling or whoever always look poor because we have the fullbacks pushing up really high and some bell end like WIlshere playing as a 'holding' midfielder ho isn't disciplined enough

I didn't really trust Morgan last season but when he plays in a well organised side that protects him and plays to his strengths he looks like one of the best in the league. Cahill/Smalling or whoever always look poor because we have the fullbacks pushing up really high and some bell end like WIlshere playing as a 'holding' midfielder ho isn't disciplined enough

But we're almost certainly going to have attacking full-backs in the side so that's kind of my point. I take what you're saying. I think if England wanted variety at full back they'd actually be better taking Simpson over one of Walker or Clyne as he's happy to stick to a disciplined back four. Don't think we'll be going up that route though even if it does sort of make sense.

We've got a good group of players but it's very tough to find a balance in that side in my opinion.

Shame they're not all Spanish. Probably would've have won the tournament without turning up. :rolleyes:

Smalling has had a great season and will have a good tournament, it's just a shame that we don't really have a great partner for him although the obvious choice seems like Cahill.

Think we'll have a good tournament. We won't win it I don't think even though there's no reason we can't - we've just beat the current world champions in their own back yard. We just seem to have this thing about failing in major tournaments. Can't wait for it all though, can't beat two games a day in June when the domestic season is at it's quietest.

Seems spot on, it's not that bad really, I can't see us winning it but we should make the semi finals

Semi finals is quite optimistic.

For me, we have five good, on-form, fully fit players and they are Dier, Drinkwater, Alli, Kane and Vardy. Out of those, there's a very strong chance only the Spurs players will start in their proper positions to accommodate Rooney, Henderson and Wilshere. So the only good players we've got will be the same ones who bottled putting up a fight in the league.

The rest of the team is dross as international level. The defence is relatively poor, we don't have a single good wide man, and the inclusion of Rooney will stifle any attempts at playing with pace and incisiveness.

In my view we'll get out of the group, though not without a scare or two, courtesy of there being more teams in it this year and the groups being poor. But the minute we face anyone decent, we'll lose.

That squad prediction seems alright.

Only concern being Henderson is still injured and it'll most likely be Stones coming in for him as we've only got 3 centre-backs otherwise. Hasn't Jagielka been injured too?

Even though Dier can play there, I'd prefer him in midfield.

That squad prediction seems alright.

Only concern being Henderson is still injured and it'll most likely be Stones coming in for him as we've only got 3 centre-backs otherwise. Hasn't Jagielka been injured too?

Even though Dier can play there, I'd prefer him in midfield.

Henderson is a midfielder though...

The CB's are shit but for me it's a no brainer to use Dier in the same role he plays for Spurs. Last season Spurs conceded as many goals as relegated Burnley but now they have the best defence in the league while sill pushing up the full backs. Add Drinkwater and another high energy midfielder into the equation and I wouldn't be too bothered. We've learned this season that when it comes to defence the system is more important than the individuals.

Just a quick point on Roys statement there... yes Vardy will be there, that was pretty much a given, but that statement will have been written at the start of the week, when Roy was scheduled to name his squad Thursday, as he states "I named my 23 man squad today" which is an obvious error.

Might shut a few people up including me who thought Hodgson was dismissive towards Vardy. I know it's almost impossible to not rate Vardy after this season but Hodgson has gone out of his way on a few occasions now to lavish Vardy with praise and stick up for him. Let's hope he does the business for him this summer. I think he will.

Might shut a few people up including me who thought Hodgson was dismissive towards Vardy. I know it's almost impossible to not rate Vardy after this season but Hodgson has gone out of his way on a few occasions now to lavish Vardy with praise and stick up for him. Let's hope he does the business for him this summer. I think he will.

pretty easy to say some nice words about a guy who's had a sensational season at an awards ceremony, we'll find out what he really thinks when vardy's on the bench/wing and rooney's up front in a few weeks time. 

Archived