Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

8 hours ago, Nalis said:

One of the main reasons Hamilton is dislikeable is the whole bullshit about Senna being his hero and how Hamilton likes to think they are so much like each other which is an absolute insult to the Brazilian's memory. 

Hamilton, who acts like he's from an under privileged background when it couldnt be further from truth, must have been about 9 when Senna died so I doubt he remembers too many of his races. It's like he just keeps banging on about Senna being his hero because its a better soundbite than saying it was Schumacher or someone less 'cool'.

you can admire people who died before you were born can't you? people in music now would point to lennon, bob marley etc as their heroes? 

don't really care much for f1 but today was exciting purely because hamilton didnt just do what he was told and let everything boringly unfold exactly how it was meant to like most other weeks.

Yeah I don't think many other drivers would have done what Hamilton did today. And i'm glad it did because if he didn't that would have been one of the most boring races of the season. Fair play to Rosberg, not done much wrong all season besides from some clumsy overtakes and defending from his TM. As I said last race Mercs phone call to Red Bull saying don't interfere with our racing, which really translates to "we know we're the best car and will get a 1-2 is everything goes as it should, stay out of our way and we'll be fine" which at that point would have guaranteed Rosberg the title, why are they expecting and ordering Hamilton to speed up so they guarantee a title for Rosberg? The constructors title was sewn up ages ago, if they hit each other they hit each other. They say they want it to be fair yet they're orchestrating a situation which suits only one of their drivers. As well as 'accidentally' finding a strategy for Rosberg at Austria that moved him from about 5th to 1st, helping fix Rosberg's car at Silverstone while leaving Hamilton to guess his way to fixing his car at Baku. I'm not one of these people that think Merc have tried to hand Rosberg this title but they certainly do seem more defensive with him and more sympathetic towards him than Hamilton this season.

And also I agree with what I think Johnny Herbert said, Hamilton's drive today was more skillful than scumbaggy. He slowed down in all the right places and then pulled away at the correct moment every lap bar the last one. Anyone in his situation today who would have just drove off into the distance is brain dead or has given up. It was also pretty bright to start doing what he did after the last round of pit stops given Merc said they would pit Rosberg first if he bunched the pack up.

17 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

probably the best race on this awful circuit 

I totally agree.

I see no reason why This would have to be the last race of the championship (Except money), nothing ever happens. it's not like you're going to get the chance of rain to throw a spanner into someone's drive, perhaps the chance of a sandstorm which would make things interesting, but it's such a dull race.

Plenty of drivers on the grid would have done what Hamilton did to be honest. I can definitely see Alonso, Verstappen, Kimi and Vettell (regardless of what he said) pulling that off just off the top of my head.

I don't see what the fuss is about to be honest, it was a good idea, it wasn't dangerous.

What p1sses me off is that everyone at Mercedes is moaning at Hamilton but no one seems to mention that Rosberg just sat on his arse in second place ...    did he try to win the race ...   did he fook.  People pay good money to watch A RACE and old Bernie is always whining about the global number of viewers and supporters going down ...    well have a fvckin race and we might just want to watch.   Team orders :  Form an orderly procession and keep station to the end of the race.      zzzzzzzz 

good win by Hamilton but it was just not enough, he had every right to try and back up Nico into the field because he was racing for the championship and you do everything within the rules to win and Nico and the team should understand this. Hamilton is very competitive and a winner and really hates losing and that is the type of person that succeeds in sport. was in unsporting maybe but isn't that what we want to see sportspeople doing whatever it takes to win within the rules because it makes it that much more exciting rather than it be like a parade

12 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

you can admire people who died before you were born can't you? people in music now would point to lennon, bob marley etc as their heroes? 

don't really care much for f1 but today was exciting purely because hamilton didnt just do what he was told and let everything boringly unfold exactly how it was meant to like most other weeks.

It's an out and out odd comment anyway.

9 Years old? I can remember plenty from about 6-7 onward, that's when I first started going football. In fact the same year Senna died was our first in the PL and I can remember pretty much every game and half the goal scorers for and against us and me and him are about the same age.

Given it is no secret Lewis Hamilton was totally obsessed by motor racing from a very early age to the extent he could drive a RC car like some sort of Ninja Jedi at the age of about 7 I think it's pretty safe to say Ayrton Senna probably was his childhood hero and the fact he died so early in Hamilton's childhood when he was at a very impressionable probably compounded that fact. Most certainly not a soundbite he has made up to sound cool. 

As for similarities between the two I think references driving style and ability more than anything else, and Hamilton is definitely in his ball park talent wise, love him or loath him you have to admit he is a fantastic Formula One Driver.  

Don't see the problem with Hamilton not going flat out. Surely Rosberg could've just gone past him if he did hold up so much that the cars behind could catch up.

Judging by Vettel's comments after the race, it seemed like he never intended to make a risky pass on Rosberg at the end.

Wouldn't be surprised if he preferred Rosberg to win over Hamilton.

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Whatever gave you that idea !!   lol    

(Ve vill conquer ze vurld !! )

Could just be because Vettel thinks Hamilton is a c*nt. Then again, Vettel himself is acting a bit like a c*nt this year particularly as well. They're all whiney bitches anyway :P

1 minute ago, kingcarr21 said:

I was devestated when Button retired from the race. Such a shame. 

Now we have lost Button and Massa to retirement. 2 great drivers. There is a serious lack of Brazilian F1 drivers now. Am i right in thinking Nasr is the only one?

Don't think Nasr's seat in confirmed for next season yet.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

What p1sses me off is that everyone at Mercedes is moaning at Hamilton but no one seems to mention that Rosberg just sat on his arse in second place ...    did he try to win the race ...   did he fook.  People pay good money to watch A RACE and old Bernie is always whining about the global number of viewers and supporters going down ...    well have a fvckin race and we might just want to watch.   Team orders :  Form an orderly procession and keep station to the end of the race.      zzzzzzzz 

It's because Hamilton was considerably slow in sector three where it's impossible to overtake, 1 & 2 Hamilton made sure the gap was big enough to hang onto the lead. Besides, why would you risk it. Hamilton's defying team orders in a last gasp attempt to get the championship, which could be Nico's only chance to get it. Why would he risk it when there's a possibility Hamilton could block him making the move leading to an incident? He was calm and methodical, like a true world champion. 

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's because Hamilton was considerably slow in sector three where it's impossible to overtake, 1 & 2 Hamilton made sure the gap was big enough to hang onto the lead. Besides, why would you risk it. Hamilton's defying team orders in a last gasp attempt to get the championship, which could be Nico's only chance to get it. Why would he risk it when there's a possibility Hamilton could block him making the move leading to an incident? He was calm and methodical, like a true world champion. 

The only point I'm trying to make is that if you are going to criticise Hamilton for not going fast enough then the same applies to Rosberg ...    If Hamilton is going too slow then fookin overtake ..   if you are good enough.   Of course he wouldn't do that in case he had a shunt ...   perfectly understandable ...    but, I honestly can't see how the team can moan at Hamilton and not at Rosberg ...    either both or neither.   Rosberg doing sweet fa ...    understandable ...   Hamilton slowing up and trying to engineer a win ...    perfectly understandable. 

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Fine example of a neutral media broadcaster, kudos The Beeb. 

BRITISH broadcasting corporation with bias towards BRITISH sportsperson!? Surely not.

Meanwhile in Bild I'm sure they're all talking about how Nico is pretty average.

F1 Drivers make me laugh. I love their grit and determination and personalities when they are not winning.

As soon as they start to win lots of stuff they turn into massive tools, 'entitlement and spoilt brat mode' goes into auto and the controls freeze in turbo overdrive.

Then full circle, stick em back in a poorer car and they're alright again.

The only exception I can think of is Jenson to be fair.

IF I was good at football I'd be a millionaire.

IF my aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle.

IF I was handsome  I'd be a Fecking playboy.

IF Gerrard didn't slip v Chelsea,Liverpool would have won the Prem...you get what I'm saying...

All this IF bollox is rubbish.

As much as I loathe Hamilton,anyone knocking him for doing what he did on Sunday is a cretin. He was out to win the Championship FFS!

He wasn't breaking rules or putting anyone in danger.

He IS an overall better driver,but put the cvnt in a manor and let's see how great he is!!! lol

10 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Rosberg has retied :(

CyrI7mfWQAAynic.jpg

takes balls to go out on top, this is terrible news for the sport though. If Merc remain dominant and this time they'll select a proper #2 so Hamilton can walk the whole season.

that's going to make it so much easier for Hamilton to win more world titles if the team forgive him

4 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

that's going to make it so much easier for Hamilton to win more world titles if the team forgive him

he's the money man, the celebrity anyway. that's who they want, will be a terrible year if nobody has still gotten their act together to challenge as you know they'll pick a kovalainen type number 2 to keep hamilton happy

Archived