Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Formula 1 2016

I know loads will go in and do the old "oh he knows he won't retain it" "can't match Hamilton" etc but that guy clearly had one ambition, achieved it and wants to enjoy the rest of his life. I assume he's gold in Germany marketing wise (?) and is rich enough to enjoy the rest of his life doing whatever he wants. Good on him.

I barely follow F1 now, used to love it, but you're right about the competition and the next team-mate being a patsy to LH if no-one ups their game. Are we expecting any teams to have done this? Or is it the grim prospect of 16/20 race wins for one driver and a tedious season?

I'm asking myself a few questions since this was totally out of the blue:

Does Rosberg want to continue racing in another category? (Maybe WEC or Formula E?)

Who's going to take his seat? Mercedes might decide to promote Wehrlein? Or tempt Button to come out of retirement? :D

9 minutes ago, iamafox said:

Does Rosberg want to continue racing in another category? (Maybe WEC or Formula E?)

Who's going to take his seat? Mercedes might decide to promote Wehrlein? Or tempt Button to come out of retirement? :D

Watching the conference I assume he won't be participating in any series, he's said that he feels like he's missed out on a year at being a dad after being so devoted to winning the world title. 

30 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I know loads will go in and do the old "oh he knows he won't retain it" "can't match Hamilton" etc but that guy clearly had one ambition, achieved it and wants to enjoy the rest of his life. I assume he's gold in Germany marketing wise (?) and is rich enough to enjoy the rest of his life doing whatever he wants. Good on him.

I barely follow F1 now, used to love it, but you're right about the competition and the next team-mate being a patsy to LH if no-one ups their game. Are we expecting any teams to have done this? Or is it the grim prospect of 16/20 race wins for one driver and a tedious season?

You're giving him way too much credit. It was his one and only chance and he knows it. He's lived in Hamilton's shadow for way too long and he cant bare the thought of doing it again....

16 minutes ago, iamafox said:

Im not so sure hw will be able to as he is still contracted to  Mercedez.. I dont think he is a free agent...

14 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Doesn't exactly reflect much, Rosberg didn't really try to win anything past Japan. Was doing what he needed to do to win the title 

Hamilton is better I can post a lot of facts to prove that... including the fact Rosberg has retired, one title was good enough for him Lewis has more and wants more ... if you think Rosberg is better then wow ... 

It is like that player at tennis tennis who finally wins a slam and just retires they know they can't do more 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Hamilton is better I can post a lot of facts to prove that... including the fact Rosberg has retired, one title was good enough for him Lewis has more and wants more ... if you think Rosberg is better then wow ... 

It is like that player at tennis tennis who finally wins a slam and just retires they know they can't do more 

Didn't claim Rosberg was better, I'm just saying the fact Hamilton got the most wins is hardly reflective on eithers driver ability. Rosberg is a family man, he has other priorities and he's accomplished his dream, last bit just isn't true in this case. Rosberg is at the peak of his powers, odds on next season being his 2nd world title were high, but he's putting it aside to focus on more important things which is admirable. 

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Didn't claim Rosberg was better, I'm just saying the fact Hamilton got the most wins is hardly reflective on eithers driver ability. Rosberg is a family man, he has other priorities and he's accomplished his dream, last bit just isn't true in this case. Rosberg is at the peak of his powers, odds on next season being his 2nd world title were high, but he's putting it aside to focus on more important things which is admirable. 

Fair play, of course if Mercedes are ahead like they have been last 3 he has a good chance, he isn't a terrible driver he is a quality one but he isn't no Alonso, Vettel or Hamilton.

35 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You're not really falling for that are you?

Good on Rosberg.

Made his money,achieved his dream,got his title,settled family life..Why not enjoy it for  while and then see in the future what HD wants to do.

Sounds like a man who is happy and fulfilled in life instead of always want want want.

The bitterness on here (again) lol

Is Rosberg a better driver this Hamilton? No

Is anyone claiming he is? No

Would he have finished behind Hamilton in next years' championship? Almost definitely

Rosberg has played this brilliantly for so many reasons.

Archived