Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

10 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Has anyone got any recommendations for a leasing company online , looking for a new van and so far the two I’ve come across are Vanarama and Global Vans. 

https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/van-leasing

Have a look at them mate.

Don't know much about the van side of things, but I know they're very competitive for cars :thumbup:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Out of interest, what kind of savings would you make with them, opposed to other companies you've looked at? 

I’ve been looking into the lease van side of things for a few weeks and there are a lot of companies but I ended up at two 

Vanarama and selectcarleasing 

massive problem at the moment is the computer chip that missing from manufacturing so I also had to factor in who had the vehicles because some are quoting 4 months delivery. 
the difference in price as an example , global vans quoted me £280 a month for a berlingo whilst select and Vanarama quoted me £180 a month on 4 week delivery 

Edited by grth2004
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

I’ve been looking into the lease van side of things for a few weeks and there are a lot of companies but I ended up at two 

Vanarama and selectcarleasing 

massive problem at the moment is the computer chip that missing from manufacturing so I also had to factor in who had the vehicles because some are quoting 4 months delivery. 
the difference in price as an example , global vans quoted me £280 a month for a berlingo whilst select and Vanarama quoted me £180 a month on 4 week delivery 

Blimey. That's a big difference.

The semiconductor shortage is a real issue in the motor industry at the minute. 

If you order a new car completely from scratch, as opposed to something already in stock, you're looking at about a 6 month lead time at some dealers.

Let us know how you get on :thumbup:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Blimey. That's a big difference.

The semiconductor shortage is a real issue in the motor industry at the minute. 

If you order a new car completely from scratch, as opposed to something already in stock, you're looking at about a 6 month lead time at some dealers.

Let us know how you get on :thumbup:

Signed a deal today in the end with Vanarama because they offered me a 2 year lease cheaper than a 4 year one which is unheard of but was due to the finance company apparently, perfect for me because of the shortage of vehicles I can’t get the van I really want but the Berlingo is good enough for a couple of years whilst the market gets back to normal. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/05/2021 at 19:53, tom27111 said:

https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk/van-leasing

Have a look at them mate.

Don't know much about the van side of things, but I know they're very competitive for cars :thumbup:

Not sure if you’ve been asked this in the past but can you recommend anywhere for pcp deals? Apologies if you’ve already answered this!

3 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Not sure if you’ve been asked this in the past but can you recommend anywhere for pcp deals? Apologies if you’ve already answered this!

Pretty much every dealer will offer a PCP, which is more like HP, as opposed to leasing.

Are you looking at buying new or used?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My breakdown insurance is going up from £29 to £40 even though I've replaced a 14 plate Insignia with a 19 plate Insignia.

Surely a newer car is less likely to break down or am I missing something?
Thoughts @tom27111?

PS. I still think 40 notes is decent for the level of cover they provide.

You'd have thought it should work like that, not something I know a great deal about to be honest. 

Who are you with? Green Flag have an advert saying they'll halve the cost of your AA or RAC renewal. 

I’ve got my lease expiring on a car in October so I’ve started looking around. Really miss my Golf GTI so started looking at reviews for them and stumbled on the Yaris GR which looks absolutely insane…. They have a 1 year lead time though.

The sensible part of me thinks I shouldn’t do it but then I’m driving a bloody corsa.

19 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve got my lease expiring on a car in October so I’ve started looking around. Really miss my Golf GTI so started looking at reviews for them and stumbled on the Yaris GR which looks absolutely insane…. They have a 1 year lead time though.

The sensible part of me thinks I shouldn’t do it but then I’m driving a bloody corsa.

257bhp in a Yaris is just mind blowing! You'll be popping wheelies from the lights.

192bhp in a Polo GTI is scary.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

That is a cracking little car and class leader ...   dive in ! ...   and get one !!

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Has anyone on here owned an Audi S4/RS4, Audi S6/RS6 - want to take the plunge before electric is forced upon me. 

Go electric! It's the way forwards, you'll never go back to ICE again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

That is a cracking little car and class leader ...   dive in ! ...   and get one !!

Yeah, arranging a test drive soon. A year lead time is a bit of a bitch and the no boot probably won’t be ideal for me. I’ve got 2 big dogs lol 

46 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I was once unfortunate enough to take some mental Polish bitch on a test drive in an RS4. 

The final straw was her almost hitting 140mph on the a43 whilst screaming "So many horses in the bonnet"

Told her she was a cvnt, made her pull over and looked on as my boss almost decked her once I'd driven us back to the showroom.

And that's not even the worst test drive I've done.

You have to tell us now lol

36 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

You have to tell us now lol

Closed 2 lanes of the M1 southbound between j16 and j17 because the driver didn't understand I told him to turn off for the petrol station. Needed him to swing back round at an island, but he got on the motorway instead. Ran out of diesel.

He bought the car though. A Mercedes V-Class, took finance on it, paying about 900 quid a month :D That was a good payday!

Another one, a battery died whilst at the petrol station. Can't jump start in a petrol station, because of sparks. Couldn't push the car as it was an automatic and wouldn't go in to neutral. The woman was going mental. Closed the petrol station for over an hour and staff insisted the fire brigade attended. Caused traffic chaos lol

I'll tell you about the Indian woman who it turned out didn't have a driving licence later. No exaggeration that I nearly died about 4 times in 20 minutes.

21 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My breakdown insurance is going up from £29 to £40 even though I've replaced a 14 plate Insignia with a 19 plate Insignia.

Surely a newer car is less likely to break down or am I missing something?
Thoughts @tom27111?

PS. I still think 40 notes is decent for the level of cover they provide.

Check out autoaid Geoff......

https://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/google/?source=PPCGOOGLE&gclid=CjwKCAjwgISIBhBfEiwALE19SckNwwpRL-KbEZkZuJAzP0zyNfpsRfI2MZ3whGL6GmZsVBBMgszF7xoCPvcQAvD_BwE

• Like 1