Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

10 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Thanks, yes £299, speaking to a neighbour and it turns out I know someone who does something similar for about £25, think I’ll then get some guardsman to spray the interior seats at about £13. 

It’s the first time I’ve ever bought from a dealer so don’t know what to ask lol always just had cars that have come my way. Is the kadjar a decent car? Once the eco was off seemed to have a decent bit of poke, enough to make the tigers fans cross the road a bit sharper lol 

Yeah, they're a nice car. Very similar to the Nissan Qashqai. Popular cars and so many people can't be wrong. Good value for money and often have a lot of the toys on them, depending on what model you're looking at.

They are deceptively 'pokey' for a large car with a smallish engine.

Depends on how you're buying, if its straight up cash, there's not much room for movement. You could push for a couple of hundred quid off and realistically, be happy with 50 quid off or a tank of fuel. The market is crazy.

If it involves finance or a part exchange, that's a different story. Never accept the first offer, there's always room for manoeuvre. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, they're a nice car. Very similar to the Nissan Qashqai. Popular cars and so many people can't be wrong. Good value for money and often have a lot of the toys on them, depending on what model you're looking at.

They are deceptively 'pokey' for a large car with a smallish engine.

Depends on how you're buying, if its straight up cash, there's not much room for movement. You could push for a couple of hundred quid off and realistically, be happy with 50 quid off or a tank of fuel. The market is crazy.

If it involves finance or a part exchange, that's a different story. Never accept the first offer, there's always room for manoeuvre. 

Good to hear. It’s a dynamique nav

We’re looking at pcp, no part ex as we’ll get more scrap for our car. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Good to hear.

We’re looking at pcp, no part ex as we’ll get more scrap for our car. 

Without sounding patronising, make sure PCP is the right option for you.

Don't put a massive deposit down that you won't be able to match next time you change. And with the used market being so inflated, you may have negative equity when you trade in before your balloon payment is due.

Also, be honest with mileage estimates on a PCP, if you're doing above 10k a year, that's when that really comes in to play and affects the guaranteed future minimum value.

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Without sounding patronising, make sure PCP is the right option for you.

Don't put a massive deposit down that you won't be able to match next time you change. And with the used market being so inflated, you may have negative equity when you trade in before your balloon payment is due.

Also, be honest with mileage estimates on a PCP, if you're doing above 10k a year, that's when that really comes in to play and affects the guaranteed future minimum value.

No, thanks, appreciate it, we’re new to this. 

The cars about 11500, looking at putting down about 1500, over 4 years. Guaranteed resale of 3900. I had wondered how the current market may effect that. Is there anyway of ensuring a don’t end up in negative equity, I’d have thought a big deposit would help. 

We don’t do many miles has we both work locally and don’t use the car for work, mainly running the kids to football and school. So I think we’re over on the miles, 8000.

Where do you work? I’m not sure if we came to your place. 

• Like 1

A big deposit on a PCP is a bad idea. Unless you pay that balloon payment, you'll never own it.

And a PCP effectively let's you change car after 3/4 years, but you'll only be in the same position if you put down the same deposit again.

With an HP, deposit size doesn't matter. Although at stages you will have negative equity, you own it at the end.

I'm in Northampton, Bristol Street Peugeot, so you won't have been in my place, we don't even have a Kadjar lol

You should ask them for HP figures too. Sometimes an extra 20 quid a month, even over 60 months, works out better than a cheaper PCP.

Mate, I'm not all about selling, if you've found something that's right for you, that's brilliant, but if you'd feel comfortable with me looking at figures, please pm me for my number and I'm happy to make sure it's a good deal.

I've said it hundreds of times on here, I do it every day, you do it once every few years and I hate people getting ripped off.

Not that I'm suggesting people are being ripped off, but it happens.

I realise I sound like I'm sticking my nose in sometimes, sorry if it comes across like that.

Just like people to get a fair deal.

I've also said this many times before...there's always a deal that suits buyer and seller.

Buying a car ain't easy, I would hate to hear people regretting a purchase that they're tied in to long term.

I'd love to sell you all a car, but if I can't, I'd like to have your best interests at heart when you spend so much of your hard earned cash :thumbup:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

A big deposit on a PCP is a bad idea. Unless you pay that balloon payment, you'll never own it.

And a PCP effectively let's you change car after 3/4 years, but you'll only be in the same position if you put down the same deposit again.

With an HP, deposit size doesn't matter. Although at stages you will have negative equity, you own it at the end.

I'm in Northampton, Bristol Street Peugeot, so you won't have been in my place, we don't even have a Kadjar lol

You should ask them for HP figures too. Sometimes an extra 20 quid a month, even over 60 months, works out better than a cheaper PCP.

Mate, I'm not all about selling, if you've found something that's right for you, that's brilliant, but if you'd feel comfortable with me looking at figures, please pm me for my number and I'm happy to make sure it's a good deal.

I've said it hundreds of times on here, I do it every day, you do it once every few years and I hate people getting ripped off.

Not that I'm suggesting people are being ripped off, but it happens.

Thanks. For some reason I thought I could remember you saying you worked in Leicester. Good job I didn’t walk in and ask to see you, demanding my foxestalk discount lol 

We’re going to speak to them tomorrow, if we decide against it I’ll message you. We've been slightly rushed in to this due to our current cars Ill health lol but the mrs really likes the kadjar now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Thanks. For some reason I thought I could remember you saying you worked in Leicester. Good job I didn’t walk in and ask to see you, demanding my foxestalk discount lol 

We’re going to speak to them tomorrow, if we decide against it I’ll message you. We've been slightly rushed in to this due to our current cars Ill health lol but the mrs really likes the kadjar now. 

If the boss likes it, that's what you're getting lol

As long as you're both happy. If you don't feel comfortable or happy, walk away.

If you do and the sales guy has put you at ease, perfect.

Just make sure you're comfortable with your monthly payment.

Sounds like I'm teaching people to suck eggs, I'm not trying to, just make sure things feel right. 

Sometimes heart takes over head, but another car will always come along.

Loads of other sales guys and dealers will look after you really well, the bad ones are in the minority nowadays, but we still have that reputation! 

Edited by tom27111
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. It’s great to have someone who can explain things, people are unsure because they don’t suck eggs that often, so are not sure how to go about it. lol 

Our current car has this whining noise that comes from the passenger side, it’s the boss, what’s that noise? Nothing. Can you smell burning? No. What’s that juddering for? It’s normal. lol 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Thanks. It’s great to have someone who can explain things, people are unsure because they don’t suck eggs that often, so are not sure how to go about it. lol 

Our current car has this whining noise that comes from the passenger side, it’s the boss, what’s that noise? Nothing. Can you smell burning? No. What’s that juddering for? It’s normal. lol 

Always happy to help. I sell cars, so I'll help people out.

I had no idea about tiling my kitchen, so I asked @Strokes when I needed to drill through a tile.

He gave me bad advice, but I learnt from it. 

You thought I'd let that go, didn't you @Strokes?

NEVER lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

I had no idea about tiling my kitchen, so I asked @Strokes when I needed to drill through a tile.

NEVER lol

Bloody used tile drillers are such scum!

8 hours ago, tom27111 said:

NEVER lol

It’s a pity you didn’t get advise off a tiler before beginning the whole thing too.

• Like 1

After taking an Ioniq 5 for a spin last week and about to sign on the dotted line…

https://www.kia.com/uk/new-cars/ev6/?cmpid=ppc|Kia_GBR_BRD_DFD_EXT_STD_MOD-EV6_KML_Google|google|e|kia+ev6&gclid=CjwKCAjw7rWKBhAtEiwAJ3CWLPiG6IZvW5Vib5BUTF2LUIghho7BaRImURTPra3DvvvXcNf9Go-53hoCX0cQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This comes along! 

The trouble is that they are dicking around with it, doing show events and teasing out the launch for some reason. 

So I’ve put the Ioniq 5 on hold until I can have a play with the EV6. 

Been driving a couple of all electric cars at work in the last few days, the Peugeot 208 and the 2008.

I'm actually coming round to the idea of them. Although I'll never get used to cars being silent!

Really clever bits of kit. We're offering home charging points, fully installed for £199 at the minute. Not the rapid charger, but will take it from empty to full in around 7 hours. You can even set it on the app to charge at a certain time if you're on economy 7.

Peugeot also offer a scheme where if you're going on holiday, say to Scotland or Europe, they'll rent you a combustion engine car dirt cheap so you don't need to take your own electric car and worry about planning your journey and charging it.

I realise this sounds like a sales pitch, it isn't!

No idea why anyone would buy a hybrid to be honest. Especially ones that have about 30 mile range. Turns in to a real gas guzzler once the electric motor has ran out.

Doing some research, it's amazing that traditional petrol and diesel engines will soon be banned, but hybrids are OK. People seem to think a 30 mile electric range will help change the planet, where in reality, you could actually make a petrol or diesel engine run more efficiently than a hybrid.

Really interesting to be learning new stuff every day. Lot of information to take in.

I'm actually amazed how popular the 208 and 2008 seem to be. 

Literally got people trading in Mercs and Audis for them.

Quite cool cars and the 2008 seems to fill a gap in the market for a compact SUV. 

• Like 1

Hybrids are good if you have a relatively short commute.

If get a company car in the near future I'll probably get a plug in hybrid - they've got charging points at work, and even if the all electric range is only 30 miles or so I think I'd only ever be using electric power apart from going on holiday and trips to the in-laws who are in the West Midlands. That'll be a big drop in running costs and the environmental footprint of my commute, which my car does about 32 mpg at best

• Like 1

Also...

If any of you are in a PCP deal, feel you're tied in to it, or just generally fancy a change of car, you're probably in equity right now and in an amazing position to change your car.

Especially if the car is under 4 years old.

Had a guy in yesterday driving a 4 year old Q3. He bought it from us second hand, 2 years ago.

We offered a part exchange price that was just £100 below what he paid for it. TWO YEARS AGO!!!!

Some dealers will have brand new stock cars in the showrooms, ready to go within a week or two. 

Use the equity in your car as a deposit and get a deal.

The price of new cars hasn't risen yet, so take advantage of the used market being mental. If you have to factory order, I'd be more sceptical. The arse could fall out of the used market by the time your new car is ready in a few months, so the dealer will re-evaluate your part exchange and it might be considerably less.

In short, dealers want your cars to sell and they will pay through the nose right now.

Edit...as an example, a guy got figures off me to p/x his Merc A45 for a new e208 (yes, mental, but it made financial sense)

His A45 was an old shape, but he had 8k of equity. In the last 2 months, the price of his car has risen by over 20%

I've also sold one this week where I've taken in a 20 plate 208 and given the customer a brand spanking new 208, with better spec and she's 30 quid a month better off. She hasn't had to pay us a penny.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

@Izzy I'll take the Jag off your hands. Probably pay what you bought it for. Get the Mrs an e208 to run around in, you have the V40 for now, then when the used market drops, get yourself a deal on something else lol

I'll even do you a good deal on gap insurance in case she decides the car wants a fight with a wall again :D

@The Bearyou don't need that much power, think about it. We'll take the Tesla off your hands, I've got a beautiful e2008 in Elixer Red, literally ready go.

@UpTheLeagueFox you've bought yours outright, probably worth what you paid for it. I've got a lovely little Peugeot 108 Collection that'll do you till the market settles down. We'll rip the front seat out for you so you can sit in the back and have enough room, like Officer Hightower in Police Academy lol

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Also...

If any of you are in a PCP deal, feel you're tied in to it, or just generally fancy a change of car, you're probably in equity right now and in an amazing position to change your car.

Especially if the car is under 4 years old.

Had a guy in yesterday driving a 4 year old Q3. He bought it from us second hand, 2 years ago.

We offered a part exchange price that was just £100 below what he paid for it. TWO YEARS AGO!!!!

Some dealers will have brand new stock cars in the showrooms, ready to go within a week or two. 

Use the equity in your car as a deposit and get a deal.

The price of new cars hasn't risen yet, so take advantage of the used market being mental. If you have to factory order, I'd be more sceptical. The arse could fall out of the used market by the time your new car is ready in a few months, so the dealer will re-evaluate your part exchange and it might be considerably less.

In short, dealers want your cars to sell and they will pay through the nose right now.

Edit...as an example, a guy got figures off me to p/x his Merc A45 for a new e208 (yes, mental, but it made financial sense)

His A45 was an old shape, but he had 8k of equity. In the last 2 months, the price of his car has risen by over 20%

I've also sold one this week where I've taken in a 20 plate 208 and given the customer a brand spanking new 208, with better spec and she's 30 quid a month better off. She hasn't had to pay us a penny.

So my 09 plate Audi a6 that's got 135,000 on the clock, FSH all leather, that I paid £3500 in PX 4 years ago is worth chopping in for a better deal on a newer car?

You've opened Pandora's box on here, Tom.

• Haha 1

Just now, Parafox said:

So my 09 plate Audi a6 that's got 135,000 on the clock, FSH all leather, that I paid £3500 in PX 4 years ago is worth chopping in for a better deal on a newer car?

You've opened Pandora's box on here, Tom.

Read my post again! I didn't quite say that lol

If you can get your hands on one of those VW Transporters being used as an ambulance though....lol

As long as you've got the v5 :D

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

@Izzy I'll take the Jag off your hands. Probably pay what you bought it for. Get the Mrs an e208 to run around in, you have the V40 for now, then when the used market drops, get yourself a deal on something else lol

I'll even do you a good deal on gap insurance in case she decides the car wants a fight with a wall again :D

@The Bearyou don't need that much power, think about it. We'll take the Tesla off your hands, I've got a beautiful e2008 in Elixer Red, literally ready go.

@UpTheLeagueFox you've bought yours outright, probably worth what you paid for it. I've got a lovely little Peugeot 108 Collection that'll do you till the market settles down. We'll rip the front seat out for you so you can sit in the back and have enough room, like Officer Hightower in Police Academy lol

I'llsellanycar.com :P

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Read my post again! I didn't quite say that lol

If you can get your hands on one of those VW Transporters being used as an ambulance though....lol

As long as you've got the v5 :D

All ours were NHS bought Fiat Ducatos or the Renault/Vauxhall conversion. Pretty shit as a base vehicle TBH, and poor to drive but the ambulance conversion was really good. Took several years of trial and error to get the interior as good as it can be. 

Edited by Parafox