Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

Just now, Parafox said:

All ours were NHS bought Fiat Ducatos or the Renault/Vauxhall conversion. Pretty shit TBH.

If your used vehicle is retailable by a dealer, doesn't matter how shit it is, its worth a lot more than it was 3 months ago.

As a dealer, you generally don't want a car in stock over 90 days. 

The way the market is now, we could probably send all stock over 90 days old to auction and we'd turn a substantial profit.

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If your used vehicle is retailable by a dealer, doesn't matter how shit it is, its worth a lot more than it was 3 months ago.

As a dealer, you generally don't want a car in stock over 90 days. 

The way the market is now, we could probably send all stock over 90 days old to auction and we'd turn a substantial profit.

You've got way more complicated since you left Amazon.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Throwing parcels over fences and shitting in plastic bags was a far simpler time lol

Funny that, I came home a couple of months ago to find a plastic bag full of shit next to my fence. No sign of the cat wormer I'd ordered.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

@Steve_Walsh5 I'm still looking on the system for you at least twice a day.

Noting within 6k of your budget. Absolutely ridiculous. 

That budget is realistic in a normal market, undoubtedly. 

3 months ago, I'd have found you one.

Still keeping an eye on autotrader myself mate but literally nothing that suits what I want. The lowest price car for what I want is £5k over budget.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Still keeping an eye on autotrader myself mate but literally nothing that suits what I want. The lowest price car for what I want is £5k over budget.

It's farcical. 

Not forgotten about you, or the others that have asked me.

I've been there a month and genuinely had 7 enquiries from you guys.

If I could find something, I'd be delighted to give you a good deal.

I've had the conversation with my boss about FoxesTalk, you lot will be absolute gold to us as a business.

7 people looking in a month. If I manage to find 2 or 3 of you the right car, that's amazing for us, and we'll look after you, because you'll recommend me on here and to friends and family.

Just wish the market wasn't so shit right now and availability was better.

We're dying to sort a couple of you out and build the reputation. 

I've promised @RobHawk a dummy of Jamie Vardy in the driving seat and the car covered in blue and white balloons if we find him something lol

That offer extends to all of you! 

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It's farcical. 

Not forgotten about you, or the others that have asked me.

I've been there a month and genuinely had 7 enquiries from you guys.

If I could find something, I'd be delighted to give you a good deal.

I've had the conversation with my boss about FoxesTalk, you lot will be absolute gold to us as a business.

7 people looking in a month. If I manage to find 2 or 3 of you the right car, that's amazing for us, and we'll look after you, because you'll recommend me on here and to friends and family.

Just wish the market wasn't so shit right now and availability was better.

We're dying to sort a couple of you out and build the reputation. 

I've promised @RobHawk a dummy of Jamie Vardy in the driving seat and the car covered in blue and white balloons if we find him something lol

That offer extends to all of you! 

You're gonna spend all your spare time on FT now, mate. You need your own topic so we all know where to bombard you with "find me an x,y,z car". May I suggest "Tom's Autos, no deal to extreme" as a title?

• Haha 1

Just now, Parafox said:

You're gonna spend all your spare time on FT now, mate. You need your own topic so we all know where to bombard you with "find me an x,y,z car". May I suggest "Tom's Autos, no deal to extreme" as a title?

Swiss Tom? lol

My PM's are bursting! I like that.

Even if you ain't buying from me, I'll gladly offer any industry knowledge. 

Again, saying something I keep saying, I love helping people finding something that'll be part of their family for the next few years.

Not always about making money.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I mean, feel free to start that lol

If you did it, it wouldn't be frowned upon as much as if I did lol

Hang on, you're after a cut aren't you?

This thread is fine :D

• Haha 1

Someone I work with bought a car on PCP and claims to have not fully understood the contact. 
Anyway he traded it in to tradecentreuk (not the one he took it out with) who cleared the outstanding finance agreement. 
Would this have cleared his balloon payment as well or will he get a nasty bill come through?

He thinks it’ll be cleared whereas I’m not so sure. But then would tradecentre be able to accept the trade in with outstanding debt on it?

30 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Someone I work with bought a car on PCP and claims to have not fully understood the contact. 
Anyway he traded it in to tradecentreuk (not the one he took it out with) who cleared the outstanding finance agreement. 
Would this have cleared his balloon payment as well or will he get a nasty bill come through?

He thinks it’ll be cleared whereas I’m not so sure. But then would tradecentre be able to accept the trade in with outstanding debt on it?

All of the finance, including the balloon payment will have been cleared.

That's how a PCP works and offers lower monthly payments.

You change in the last year of your contract and hope to be in equity, which is used as a deposit on your next vehicle.

The intention when taking a PCP is never to own the vehicle, however, it gives you the chance to be in equity, unlike with a Personal Lease.

You're tied in to a lease for the whole term and have to hand the car back, that's it.

PCP does allow you to own if you pay the balloon payment, although very rare. The balloon payment can also be refinanced if required.

And a car dealer would never buy a car with outstanding finance. 

The settlement figure they retrieve will include the balloon payment. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

All of the finance, including the balloon payment will have been cleared.

That's how a PCP works and offers lower monthly payments.

You change in the last year of your contract and hope to be in equity, which is used as a deposit on your next vehicle.

The intention when taking a PCP is never to own the vehicle, however, it gives you the chance to be in equity, unlike with a Personal Lease.

You're tied in to a lease for the whole term and have to hand the car back, that's it.

PCP does allow you to own if you pay the balloon payment, although very rare. The balloon payment can also be refinanced if required.

And a car dealer would never buy a car with outstanding finance. 

The settlement figure they retrieve will include the balloon payment. 

Thanks for the informative post. 
I really didn’t think his balloon payment would be settled he will be happy. 

• Like 1

The trees next to my driveway keep depositing this vile sap onto my car which is near impossible to get off. Tried some sap remover off the net but doesn't really work fully. I read somewhere that white sprit does work but you have to be careful as you can fetch off the paintwork with the sap which isn't something I want to risk. Does anyone have any remedies? 

4 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

The trees next to my driveway keep depositing this vile sap onto my car which is near impossible to get off. Tried some sap remover off the net but doesn't really work fully. I read somewhere that white sprit does work but you have to be careful as you can fetch off the paintwork with the sap which isn't something I want to risk. Does anyone have any remedies? 

Definitely wouldn't use white spirit.

Paint on modern cars is so thin, that would almost definitely take a few layers off.

A paint protection, something like Gardx or Diamondbrite will help protect it from sap amongst other things, but you'd still need to wash it regularly.

This is how dealers sell it and charge £300 for it.

It's available cheaper on Ebay, but some of them are fakes.

Maybe @Izzy a product that'll help?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Definitely wouldn't use white spirit.

Paint on modern cars is so thin, that would almost definitely take a few layers off.

A paint protection, something like Gardx or Diamondbrite will help protect it from sap amongst other things, but you'd still need to wash it regularly.

This is how dealers sell it and charge £300 for it.

It's available cheaper on Ebay, but some of them are fakes.

Maybe @Izzy a product that'll help?

@Ian Nachoif some of the sap has been on the car a while and near impossible to get off, it might have damaged the clear coat on your paint (like bird shit does if left on too long). This is why all cars really need protection after washing in the form of regular wax application or a ceramic coating Tom mentioned.

If it were me, I'd first try a tar and glue remover like Tardis or Autoglym to try and remove the sap (I wouldn't risk white spirit myself). 

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/car-shampoo/autoglym-intensive-tar-remover-325ml-140632.html?istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istFeedId=367c5610-f937-4c81-8609-f84582324cd6&istItemId=xtmwmq&istBid=t&_$ja=tsid:|cid:14319334526|agid:125543883549|tid:pla-327612116086|crid:539953793003|nw:u|rnd:16594831910829448370|dvc:c|adp:|mt:|loc:9045671&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj4-399aj8wIV1-vtCh0R8Az5EAQYAyABEgK_dvD_BwE

If that doesn't shift it, you can get a cleanser fluid/panel wipe which is an IPA (mix of purified water and Isoproply alcohol). This should do the trick if the sap hasn't burnt through the clear coat. 

https://www.iodetail.com/products/bilt-hamber-cleanser-fluid?variant=31886741635187&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl_67ltej8wIVzbTtCh1dgQKZEAQYBSABEgKVhPD_BwE

But if that doesn't work, you'll probably need to 'clay bar' the paint work to try and remover all contaminants. 

https://www.iodetail.com/products/bilt-hamber-cleanser-fluid?variant=31886741635187&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl_67ltej8wIVzbTtCh1dgQKZEAQYBSABEgKVhPD_BwE

And if that doesn't work, you'll need to machine polish the paint and see if that get's it off.

And if that doesn't work, it'll probably need a respray.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Cut down the tree.

• Haha 1

Is there anyone who is a seasoned detailer? 

The chap I usually use have moved and it’s a faff to get my car to him, so to save some cash I’ve decided to learn how to detail myself, just wondering if there is a particular brand I should be looking at, naturally I want a brand that will be kind to my paint.

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

WD-40 seems to clean most things without doing any damage, unlike white spirit. T-Cut is also good but it's mildly abrasive, so rubbing too hard is a no-no.

50 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Is there anyone who is a seasoned detailer? 

The chap I usually use have moved and it’s a faff to get my car to him, so to save some cash I’ve decided to learn how to detail myself, just wondering if there is a particular brand I should be looking at, naturally I want a brand that will be kind to my paint.

@Izzyis your man for this I believe 

• Thanks 2