Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've got a bolt - complete with washer - stuck in my tyre. Only noticed it when driving yesterday with the roof down, and heard the clack clack clack. I don't know how long it's been in there. 

What's the recommendation here? Kwik Fit for a repair jobby? 

PHOTO-2021-08-22-17-22-17.thumb.jpg.ee4f407c050d1c8108ab3f5878f226a8.jpg

You should be able to plug that. Any decent tyre shop will be able to do it. Or you can buy the kits off Amazon fairly cheap. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I've got a bolt - complete with washer - stuck in my tyre. Only noticed it when driving yesterday with the roof down, and heard the clack clack clack. I don't know how long it's been in there. 

What's the recommendation here? Kwik Fit for a repair jobby? 

PHOTO-2021-08-22-17-22-17.thumb.jpg.ee4f407c050d1c8108ab3f5878f226a8.jpg

Without wishing to be dramatic, I've had two tires repaired, which both went on to fail rather than wear out.

Nothing terrible happened as a result but I've always been a bit wary about tire repairs. A blow out could be disastrous, so I'm keen to avoid anything that might increase the chance of one even a bit.

It's galling when it happens on a tire with plenty of wear left on it

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Without wishing to be dramatic, I've had two tires repaired, which both went on to fail rather than wear out.

Nothing terrible happened as a result but I've always been a bit wary about tire repairs. A blow out could be disastrous, so I'm keen to avoid anything that might increase the chance of one even a bit.

It's galling when it happens on a tire with plenty of wear left on it

There's no puncture so far. Not that I've noticed anyway. 

They are run flat tyres, so there's little risk of a blowout, hopefully the damage isn't too extensive and it can be repaired. 

No idea how a bolt with a washer ends up in there though. Weird.

8 hours ago, RoboFox said:

There's no puncture so far. Not that I've noticed anyway. 

They are run flat tyres, so there's little risk of a blowout, hopefully the damage isn't too extensive and it can be repaired. 

No idea how a bolt with a washer ends up in there though. Weird.

I throw them out of my window on the motorway, just doing my bit to keep the tyre companies afloat.

7 hours ago, Milo said:

Anyone on here got an Ioniq 5?

I’d be really interested to hear any real life feedback and experiences.  

I've ordered one, hopefully arriving in mid November. 

I'm not usually heavily into cars, although I've had some fairly nice ones over the years, but I'm truly so excited about getting this - to the point where my wife is sick if hearing about it already. 

Edited by Wakeyfox
Fat fingers
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

I've ordered one, hopefully arriving in mid November. 

I'm not usually heavily into cars, although I've had some fairly nice ones over the years, but I'm truly so excited about getting this - to the point where my wife is sick if hearing about it already. 

Did you choose to have it arrive in November, or is that the lead time? 😬

Dealership I went to said they are flying off the shelves. 

Have you had an electric car before, or is this the first? 

50 minutes ago, Milo said:

Did you choose to have it arrive in November, or is that the lead time? 😬

Dealership I went to said they are flying off the shelves. 

Have you had an electric car before, or is this the first? 

November is the lead time, I ordered last week and the estimated delivery date is 19th November.

It's my first electric car. I run my own business and the tax benefits are fantastic if you get it as a company car. 

I've got an XC60 at the moment which is lovely, but I'll be about £250 per month better off with the Ioniq 5, which is not to be sniffed at!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

November is the lead time, I ordered last week and the estimated delivery date is 19th November.

It's my first electric car. I run my own business and the tax benefits are fantastic if you get it as a company car. 

I've got an XC60 at the moment which is lovely, but I'll be about £250 per month better off with the Ioniq 5, which is not to be sniffed at!

Yeah, exactly the same for me re the business.

You didn’t fancy the XC40 Recharge, then?

if I take the leap, this’ll be my first electric, too…(just need to get over my inbuilt snob factor in that the best option electric car is a Hyundai) :rolleyes:

Like you said, the savings are ridiculous. I assume you are leasing? I think I recall my accountant saying something about an extra saving if you buy outright (?). 

I’d better get a move on, though, if they’re looking at November. 

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

Yeah, exactly the same for me re the business.

You didn’t fancy the XC40 Recharge, then?

if I take the leap, this’ll be my first electric, too…(just need to get over my inbuilt snob factor in that the best option electric car is a Hyundai) :rolleyes:

Like you said, the savings are ridiculous. I assume you are leasing? I think I recall my accountant saying something about an extra saving if you buy outright (?). 

I’d better get a move on, though, if they’re looking at November. 

The XC40 was a bit too small and expensive for me.

Previously I would have had the same attitude towards Hyundai, but I was in a toss up between this and the Skoda Enyaq - must be getting old!

Yes, got it on a 3 year contract hire. I'm sure in 3 years time the advances in EV tech will have shot forwards, so can't see the point in buying outright as the resale value probably plummet.

Good luck, let me know how you get on!

I think it was @SystonFox who asked me what the Peugeot 3008 was like?

I know you're in your Passat now mate, but I'm in a position to give an answer now...

Driven a few cars across the Peugeot range and to be honest, they're good cars. 

The GT's especially, which are top spec, aside from the GT Premium. 

Value for money, a really decent ride quality, hardly notice any bumps on the road and have all the toys.

Yes, I'm selling them, but I'll give an honest review.  

The Peugeot design is a little strange, instead of seeing the display through the steering wheel, it's positioned above it, which takes some getting used to.

I felt the braking was spongy, but that's a result of the self charging electric or electric models. A diesel or petrol feels normal.

Acceleration isn't the best, but stick it in sport mode and it becomes far more responsive. I'd do that around town and put it in eco when on an A road.

The interior around the dash obviously isn't as good as a premium brand, but reflected in the price.

The seat designs and comfort are top notch though. Really look and feel good. 

Take out your BMW, Merc, Audi and VW and you've got a real competitor there.

Good reviews for the 2008, 3008 and 5008. 

If you're after performance, they aren't for you, but for comfort, affordability and design, definitely worth considering.

The only slight grumble I would have is the reversing camera. When you turn the wheel, the guiding lines don't curve to show you where you're going. First World problem lol

But I'd add the amount of repeat customers we get is absolutely ridiculous. They must be alright if people keep coming back for another new one every 3 years.

If anyone is interested, please give me a shout. 

Same goes for ANY used car, I can't guarantee it, but I'll bust my balls, and my bosses, to find you something.

And I'm genuinely in discussions with my manager about a Foxestalk discount package lol

I want like a royal crest, but a Foxestalk version..."Tom. Official supplier of motor vehicles to Foxestalk members since 2021" Under a Leicester City badge :cool:

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 4

Ah! Just read back, it was the e208 you asked about @SystonFox!

Pretty much the same the thing I said above though.

Cracking little hatchback, but don't expect anything near the performance of an old 205 GTI (You know what I mean if you were born before 1990)

I'm still sceptical on fully electric cars though, just because of the infrastructure surrounding charging. 

Journeys take more thorough planning and you're relying on charging points being in full working order.

But ask @The Bearabout that, in his flashy Tesla lol (joking my Wolverhampton Wanderers friend)

If the charging stops are reliable, you can get an 80% charge in half an hour.

Stop at the services, have a wee and a Starbucks and you're good to go.

It's rapid charging till 80%, then it slows to protect the life of the battery. Bloody clever.

I'm learning a lot about it all and I love it.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Cracking little hatchback, but don't expect anything near the performance of an old 205 GTI (You know what I mean if you were born before 1990)

I'm still sceptical on fully electric cars though, just because of the infrastructure surrounding charging. 

Journeys take more thorough planning and you're relying on charging points being in full working order.

But ask @The Bearabout that, in his flashy Tesla lol (joking my Wolverhampton Wanderers friend)

It's rapid charging till 80%, then it slows to protect the life of the battery. Bloody clever.

More planning or just better journey management which a driver will perfect in time. Some people will run out of power prob the same people who run out of petrol.

On 27/08/2021 at 18:22, tom27111 said:

Thats a long wee! 

So in BERY simple terms what's the just with this new unleaded fuel?

My dads old 09 Hinda Jazz(info from Gov website) states_

"All Honda cars with fuel injection are compatible with E10 petrol (HONDA PGM-FI).

All Honda cars that do not use fuel injection should continue to use E5"

WTF does that mean???

I'm looking at you @tom27111

20 minutes ago, Raj said:

"All Honda cars with fuel injection are compatible with E10 petrol (HONDA PGM-FI).

WTF does that mean???

Is it the 1.2 or 1.4? If the latter I think he's ok, but if the smaller engine you might have to investigate further as I think there was a non fuel injection one, although if that was even available in the UK I'm not sure

31 minutes ago, Raj said:

WTF does that mean???

Sorry, I'd refer you to the service department for something like this!

32 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Is it the 1.2 or 1.4? If the latter I think he's ok, but if the smaller engine you might have to investigate further as I think there was a non fuel injection one, although if that was even available in the UK I'm not sure

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Sorry, I'd refer you to the service department for something like this!

Yeah it's a bit of a minefield.

@Bellend Sebastianits a SE cvt 1.4 2009

I'll buzz Honda Narborough just to check

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I would. I think you're alright though, I can't believe they'd still be making a normally aspirated engine of that size by then

You've lost me mate!!!

I have literally NO car knowledge!!!

LOL...I dont think I've even passed my test in this country!!!

36 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I would. I think you're alright though, I can't believe they'd still be making a normally aspirated engine of that size by then

I'd agree. I would have thought you'll be fine, but best to double check.

Short term, it wouldn't be an issue anyway, it'll still work, but if you're regularly filling up with the wrong fuel, it'll cause damage.

36 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It was still relatively common to have petrol NA engines outside of performance models in 2009. Honda in particular avoided turbochargers for a long as they could. 

The info @Raj is quoting relates to method of fuel delivery, and I would be incredibly surprised if a Honda (car) from 2009 did not use fuel injection, so it should be fine with E10

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, potter3 said:

It was still relatively common to have petrol NA engines outside of performance models in 2009. Honda in particular avoided turbochargers for a long as they could. 

The info @Raj is quoting relates to method of fuel delivery, and I would be incredibly surprised if a Honda (car) from 2009 did not use fuel injection, so it should be fine with E10

I'm using the wrong terminology. I meant whatever non fuel injected engines are (carburettor fed?) - you can tell I'm not a mechanic, can't you?